So, when Liara rejoins the party in ME3 *ME2 SPOILERS*...

#1Commodore_GPosted 2/21/2011 8:43:01 PM
(I’m betting she will, in part because she’s the only squadmate guaranteed to be alive.)

…will she be outclassed by the ME2 biotics?

I mean, Cerberus created a monster in Jack, and Samara has spent centuries honing her biotics.

Liara, on the other hand, is young, and she was just an archćologist until very recently.

Realistically, she ought to be much less powerful than either Jack or Samara.
---
who cares im better than u guys at fps especially this game and thats all that matters my opinion is superior
—carefulsalamander
#2MonkeyBones23Posted 2/21/2011 8:54:45 PM
She is kind of busy to be in the crew don't you think?
---
Redguard: General of all the Mudcrab Forces. Our Empire can not and shall not be stopped
I have a box of infinite PLACEBO POPS!!! dont ask me if you want one.
#3Commodore_G(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2011 9:09:55 PM

From: MonkeyBones23 | Posted: 2/21/2011 7:54:45 PM | #002
She is kind of busy to be in the crew don't you think?

If BioWare can hand-wave the introduction of ammo, they can hand-wave Liara’s ability to join the party.

That’s not to say that they will do so, but they certainly could, and I think it’s likelier than not.
---
PCs have been around for like half a decade now, yet we still can't seem to make parts that don't generate heat?
—Shuriko
#4MonkeyBones23Posted 2/21/2011 9:12:49 PM
I'm leaning towards that she won't be in the crew but will have a big impact.

Who knows though, Ash and Kaidan are supposed to have a big impact to
---
Redguard: General of all the Mudcrab Forces. Our Empire can not and shall not be stopped
I have a box of infinite PLACEBO POPS!!! dont ask me if you want one.
#5SepewrathPosted 2/21/2011 9:22:50 PM
That would be a little more than a handwave, clearly the SB operation is dependent on her being in that room, she cant just off with Shepard. And I'm going to go out on the limb and say that they cant fit that ship on the Normandy, so she cant bring it with her. I doubt she will be on the crew. Lastly you don't have wonder if she will be outclassed or not, she was in ME2, you can answer that question already.
#6Commodore_G(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2011 9:52:30 PM(edited)

That would be a little more than a handwave, clearly the SB operation is dependent on her being in that room, she cant just off with Shepard.

Both she and the Yahg adjusted the the role rapidly. Granted, both are implied to be quick learners, but there’s no reason a loyal third party couldn’t take over. Feron is a likely candidate, though he may not be the most trustworthy character.

Lastly you don't have wonder if she will be outclassed or not, she was in ME2, you can answer that question already.

It could go either way.

Her cutscene powers were certainly impressive.

In combat, she has warp, singularity, and stasis. Warp is nothing special, singularity is otherwise an adept-only power, and stasis, as her unique ability, is, obviously, unique.

Stasis isn’t as impressive as the other biotics’ unique abilities, in my opinion, but, in gameplay, it’s not bad. Also, Liara’s singularity is arguably better than any of the other biotics’ non-unique abilities.

EDIT: Then again, Liara is a lot like Jack in this way—each’s unique ability (warp ammo for Jack and stasis for Liara) isn’t impressive but gets the job done, and they both have nice abilities that they share only with the player (shockwave for Jack and singularity for Liara).

So, no, Liara isn’t really outclassed in ME2, even though, story-wise, she ought to be.

---
Sorry Faith but your sister is in another skyscraper
—Knight_Of_Order
#7DarkendFlamessPosted 2/21/2011 10:15:48 PM
I think she will send a Yahg to replace her. If Shepard can kill a human/reaper larva, then Shepard can break trhe law.
#8SepewrathPosted 2/22/2011 2:23:24 AM
lol she is just suppose to get some random Yahg and its suppose to work out? That seems like a terrible idea. It takes a special kind of person to actually effectively manage that network, I don't see Feron being that type of person. And your not just going to find their resume on Monster, its highly unlikely that Liara will be leaving that room. At least not for any extended periods of time.
#9AquamanOSPosted 2/22/2011 3:23:04 AM
That;s assuming Liara is able to remain the Shadow Broker and be undisturbed in her little hidey hole for the entirety of ME3 during a Reaper invasion.

You might need to enact a rescue mission mid game when the Reapers come knocking (they could most probably find her base with their superior tech and so forth) which ends with the Broker Base going up in flames and Shepard only managing to salvage some tech, and Liara and Feron themselves and bringing them back to the Normandy. With little else to do at that point, Liara rejoins the team, and spends her downtime manning what's left of the Shadow Brokers tech.

Or alternatively Shepard needs an armada and asks Liara to bring her big ship into his fleet to fight the Reapers with.
#10Aloc-AcocPosted 2/22/2011 4:00:34 AM
"Or alternatively Shepard needs an armada and asks Liara to bring her big ship into his fleet to fight the Reapers with."

^^^ This I don't think she'll be joining us in our crew but, I do think she will join us in the BFSA. (Big F***ing Ship Armada) *giggles* I made that up.