Called it months ago: Earth is just the prologue.

#351IokuaPosted 4/10/2011 10:47:00 AM
BonnabinTheDire posted...
Iokua posted...
Man, this is really starting to look like a giant "**** you, EA." from BioWare.

How so? They pushed DA2 out early for EA (and themselves) to make a quick profit, and now they're making another game which will make Bioware and EA a lot of money. Doesn't sound like a "**** you" to anyone, more like "business as usual".

Also, Anderson looks like he got younger.

How so? The game that BioWare pushes comes out and sells substantially poorer than the game that came before it, is ugly as sin, has a plethora of bugs, glitches and barely runs on a large portion of video cards, has a plot that tells pretty much zero story and has mediocre, poorly balanced gameplay. EA seemingly forgot about ME3 in hopes of forcing Dragon Age to become BioWare's new signature series, and a handful of blurry snapshots of a magazine article look better than virtually everything from DA2, and the gameplay improvements from 2-3 actually sound like improvements. The "**** you, EA" is BioWare proving that if EA leaves BioWare alone and allows them proper development time and budgeting, that they can put out exceptionally high quality work, while if pushed too hard they cannot.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#352AshernedPosted 4/10/2011 10:48:10 AM
^^^

QFT FTFW
#353alkamaPosted 4/10/2011 12:15:20 PM
edwdesir posted...
I've called 13 different Gamestop stores and none of them have it :/

:(
Thanks for the effort though... lets hope you get it soon :)
#354IrishSpectre_N7Posted 4/10/2011 12:20:38 PM
Have these points been posted yet? From the Bioware social boards:

-ME3 begins with Earth's assault by the Reapers, and things don't look so good, but there's something that is a silver lining, that makes it look like it's actually possible to not lose against the reapers .

-Shooting specific armor parts can have certain effects, and the AI of the enemies will have them routing Shepard and will coordinate with each other

-Battlefields are going to be a great deal larger, and combat will be very varied.

-Enemy Weapons can be PICKED UP. Soldiers can carry all kinds of weapons, and other classes understandably less so.

-Species Loyalty cannot only get obtained via Quests

-Available Squadmates will still maintain a balance, if per say Garrus had not survived ME2's events

-ME1's Decisions such as sparing the Rachni will have a grave impact in ME3

-There's no railroad to the end of the game, there are multiple paths to take back Earth
---
If you believe in Hypnotoad , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
GT/PSN - IrishSpectre257
#355IokuaPosted 4/10/2011 12:23:39 PM
Yeah, those have been posted. Still cool to read, though.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#356Shah138Posted 4/10/2011 12:23:40 PM
Can we have the link to those Mr. IrishSpectre?
---
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/610/shah138.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/KCnak.jpg
#357IrishSpectre_N7Posted 4/10/2011 12:27:28 PM

Yeah, those have been posted. Still cool to read, though.

Ah, well new to me, and all very awesome.

Can we have the link to those Mr. IrishSpectre?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/7021128
---
If you believe in Hypnotoad , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
GT/PSN - IrishSpectre257
#358aaazeusPosted 4/10/2011 12:55:55 PM
I think it would be great to put a tactics system like the one in Dragon Age,thus being able to increase the amount of squadmates actively battling with you.
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite topic on the Gamefaqs.
#359AshernedPosted 4/10/2011 2:13:18 PM
The one gameplay aspect I've most excited for is weapon modding.

Crysis 2 really opened my eyes to how awesome weapon mods are. I heard MGS4 had it as well.

In the original Crysis, you could attach a sniper scope to a shotgun and switch the ammo to use slugs instead of pellets. It kicked ass.
#360edwdesirPosted 4/10/2011 2:18:00 PM
Good find IrishSpectre. This is going to be an interesting month for Mass Effect info.