Called it months ago: Earth is just the prologue.

#381gamefreak918273645Posted 4/10/2011 5:51:42 PM

Characters that Bioware says will be playable to some extent

I don't like the sound of the some extent part

I noticed that too.
---
GT- KILLER KNIGHT 1
"I also have my own achievables. See Bleep Bloop." - Caboose
#382IokuaPosted 4/10/2011 6:18:21 PM
Shah138 posted...
37? I'm on page 8...

Default message board settings put 10 posts per page.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#383Black HowlingPosted 4/10/2011 7:41:08 PM
enrique comes through with the goods. The Illusive Man hunting Shepard down is nuts, but if I had to justify it the only thing that would make sense is if TIM made a deal with Harbinger. I'm sure he sees no beating the Reapers at this point and probably got the same 'promise' Sovereign used on Saren.

It can fit his character if you think about it. TIM wants human evolution/dominance at any cost. Harbinger promises TIM if he helps him collect/kill Shepard he will spare those of humanity who are worthy and will usher them into the next phase of evolution - be that Reaper or something different all together.
---
Life is a dream wrapped in a convenient lie.
#384BigkablammPosted 4/10/2011 7:57:30 PM

How is it an accomplishment to realize that a teaser trailer doesnt give away the climax of the game? Are you really coming in here bragging about something that was obvious to anyone with half a brain?

Yep! Everybody should have known that Earth was going to be the prologue! I'm glad you're here with that divine wisdom.
---
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1105/charactergif.gif http://i39.tinypic.com/rsrfra.jpg
GT: Unr3al Joe Add me people, I need good friends :(
#385Shah138Posted 4/10/2011 8:05:07 PM

Yep! Everybody should have known that Earth was going to be the prologue! I'm glad you're here with that divine wisdom.

I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions

*Punches Bigkablamm*
---
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/610/shah138.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/KCnak.jpg
#386Chaos_19Posted 4/10/2011 8:13:47 PM
Black Howling posted...
enrique comes through with the goods. The Illusive Man hunting Shepard down is nuts, but if I had to justify it the only thing that would make sense is if TIM made a deal with Harbinger. I'm sure he sees no beating the Reapers at this point and probably got the same 'promise' Sovereign used on Saren.

It can fit his character if you think about it. TIM wants human evolution/dominance at any cost. Harbinger promises TIM if he helps him collect/kill Shepard he will spare those of humanity who are worthy and will usher them into the next phase of evolution - be that Reaper or something different all together.

Or at some point Shepard double-crossed TIM. If you destroyed the base that would be reason enough, but even if you kept it intact, you could end up on the wrong side of TIM any number of ways.
---
Experts are to Fox News what winners are to the Special Olympics. If you show up, you are one.
#387Carribean_CoolPosted 4/10/2011 8:21:06 PM
I really hope they make TIM a delusional senile man who poses no physical threat
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#388Olympus MonsPosted 4/11/2011 4:06:57 AM
Ashley was always hot... besides she is great to play off of any romances between Shepard and alien girls. Tali.... really I hope is in this. The voice actress is amazing and she has a huge fan base, which I am one. Just need to see where that goes. Need Tali in this and not in just one scene
#389Aloc-AcocPosted 4/11/2011 4:11:21 AM
^^^ Hello brother! It's been awhile since the days of our ME storytelling eh? Yes, I also need to see were Tali & Shep is going to go.
#390NVthisQTPosted 4/11/2011 8:29:47 AM
Freedan the Eternal posted...
Probably got beat here, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

Got my new Game Informer, read the ME3 article. Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way.

Confirmed squadmates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive) and... James Sanders... That must be the guy from the trailer, I don't remember.

Speaking of which, there's a screenshot of Ashley with her hair down, and she actually looks hot. Don't have a scanner, so wait till someone with one turns up.

Confirmed to appear, but not guaranteed as squaddies: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. Obviously, if they live.

The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.

The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 style, with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 style, but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.

All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.

Also mentioned: The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.

That's basically the gist of it, except for the sidebars filled with stuff everyone already knows.

just in case (SPOILER)...

The Illusive man wants you dead because at the end of ME2 you can choose to salvage the reaper ship and give it to Cerberus or destroy it. I destroyed it so Illusive man now hates me and there's a convo with one of your squad members saying Cerberus is going to come after you with everything they got. Something along those lines can't remember the convo exactly.