Called it months ago: Earth is just the prologue.

#391RknglPosted 4/11/2011 10:11:56 AM
NVthisQT posted...

just in case (SPOILER)...

The Illusive man wants you dead because at the end of ME2 you can choose to salvage the reaper ship and give it to Cerberus or destroy it. I destroyed it so Illusive man now hates me and there's a convo with one of your squad members saying Cerberus is going to come after you with everything they got. Something along those lines can't remember the convo exactly.

even if you give it to him they will be after you, those that did still basically say that was fun I'm just gonna take my ship now and go wherever I want
---
Don't worry, ..., There's no such thing as 2.
#392IokuaPosted 4/11/2011 11:22:19 AM
It doesn't really matter why TIM is after Shepard, what matters is why now? ME3 is set during the war with the Reapers, trying to take out the leader of the anti-Reaper cause just because s/he pissed you off is insane.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#393XtremeDude09Posted 4/11/2011 4:17:19 PM
"The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch."

Incorrect. You get a short cinematic like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBM190B2jE4
Not a comic where you make choices. Its like ME2 for 360; if you didn't play the previous game, you loose out.
#394PasdaranPosted 4/11/2011 4:25:16 PM

It doesn't really matter why TIM is after Shepard, what matters is why now? ME3 is set during the war with the Reapers, trying to take out the leader of the anti-Reaper cause just because s/he pissed you off is insane.

Indeed, it makes no sense at all and TIM doesn't seem to be the type to let petty grudges get in the way* of the big picture.

*Examples being he hires Zaeed who's killed 50+ Cerberus operatives, recruits Jack who brought down a Cerberus base and Shepard him/herself who's wiped out his/her fair share of Cerberus personnel and bases in ME1.
#395DarkLordMorsulPosted 4/11/2011 6:50:37 PM
TIm is obviously indoctrinated in a Saren type of way he thinks what he's doing is Right.

I think the Reapers wanted mankind to replace their current collectors.

So they had you take them out through Cerberus. OR he's just recently indoctrinated. He does afterall mess with the reaper technology (In the third novel)
#396nsctsunomiPosted 4/11/2011 8:08:37 PM

Why does no one seem to understand that Dragon Age is done by a different team?

Why do you not seem to understand that they're still developed by the same company? The negative effect EA has had on BioWare isn't limited to just one team.

Off course they are developed by a different team;

Dragon Age = Edmonton studio/Lead by Mike Laidlaw

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 = BioWare (for Xbox 360) Lead by Casey Hudson

From this article

http://palgn.com.au/pc-gaming/18666/more-mass-effect-3-details-to-salivate-over/

"To expand on the character recruitment details in the previous news, without spoilers, it would seem that there will be two types of squad mates; those always available, and those temporarily available. Like with the previous game, Shepard will have an entourage of characters he can rely on for any mission, however some characters will pop up as temporary squad mates in singular missions, similar to how Liara worked in the Mass Effect 2 DLC Lair of the Shadow Broker. While BioWare cannot make every squad mate from both games return as perminent squad mates in Mass Effect 3, they can have many act as temporary squad mates in specific missions."

How do you think BioWare is going to achieve this? Do you really think BioWare is going to spend too much time on how to add the main characters as squad members?

*Spoilers to people who haven't played Dragon Age II*

If Dragon Age II is any indication i think Mass Effect 3 will go down that same path. At least in the team members. Eg: Dragon Age II , in the final mission, you can select your sister "Bethany" even though during act 2 and act 3 she wasn't avaiable. If you don't know what i mean, Bethany is a mage right? Merril is a mage too and Anders.

Remember people playing the Dragon Age II can say it copied the choices wheel and how each choice plays out differently from Mass Effect 1 and 2.

My point is companies want to make money, and the quickest way to make money is copy something that works. i really don't think EA is advising BioWare to spend quality time to get everything right, they will prob just copy ideas from other games to save time.

- Killzone 3 with Call of Duty

- Crysis 2 with Call of Duty

If anyone here has played Crysis 2 and Killzone 3, the ideas and structure is leading towards Call of Duty **** the save options, maps and your own HUD.

Why? Money, mostly. Big business savvy will always copy rather than create. It's easier, and the herd at large (you) won't turn dissent into action (by not playing the game), which would in turn either force evolution or result in overdue dismantlement la Guitar Hero. We're gamers; we have a unique addiction that we love to death yet argue for and against constantly, hoping it will improve itself but feeling more or less powerless either way. It's not wholly unlike being the **** in a relationship. Simply asking gamers not to play the latest and greatest is totally unfeasible. What it really takes is the stumbling of the status quo to fire up the signal flare of change, and while Homefront's crippled offensive is a very disappointing thing indeed for gamers, it is also a means to a much greater end. It is a Call of Duty copycat that ticks all the right boxes, but fails to rise above campaign gameplay mediocrity. Perhaps it will be the last straw?

IGN Australia

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1160501p2.html

#397Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/12/2011 6:20:34 AM
^Im pretty sure the killzone series came out BEFORE CoD.........
---
GT: Dsurion21
#398Dsurions_WrathPosted 4/12/2011 6:21:29 AM
wait my bad. I just re-read that post. My bad people. my bad
---
#399RetroMetroidPosted 4/12/2011 12:23:05 PM
XtremeDude09 posted...
"The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch."

Incorrect. You get a short cinematic like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBM190B2jE4
Not a comic where you make choices. Its like ME2 for 360; if you didn't play the previous game, you loose out.

"How will you familiarise new players with the events of previous games?
Hudson: We're going to do something similar to what we did with the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. We basically have a "story so far" thin, which, even if you import a game you'll see. It's just that it plays out and recaps what you did. But if you haven't, you'll see the same thing, and it stops to ask yo what you would have done... it's essentially a saved game creator that leads you into the main game and tells you what's going on."
---
"The Flying Dutchman! She's a bad omen, boy" "What about them?"
"Mermaids. They be sexy omens. The sea be real confusin'"
#400nsctsunomiPosted 4/12/2011 7:57:00 PM

Dsurions_Wrath posted...
^Im pretty sure the killzone series came out BEFORE CoD.........
---

I didn't say Killzone series, i said Killzone 3. And plus you're not getting point. Have you played Killzone 1? If you haven't sorry to spoil it for you, it sucked.

Killzone 2 was a ****c, and i don't need to say much about Killzone 3, because people that have already played it knows what i'm talking about when developers are too lazy to create new games, instead copy a formula that works which is Call of Duty.