How will this game handle loyalty missions we didn't do?

#1Rags_2_RichesPosted 8/9/2011 6:12:19 AM
I just thought about this a second ago and was wondering how ME3 might handle something like never helping Samara find Morinth or never going to Tali's trial.

Will they still treat them as if they happened or will they go with a different route, or will they just default to all the missions being done?
---
Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel.
#2SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 8/9/2011 7:45:03 AM
Sorry, my crystal ball is broken right now.
---
Preperation...John Shepard/Thane Krios/Urdnot Grunt...Oh, and Liara T'Soni. Let 'em roll....
#3the_abalizerPosted 8/9/2011 7:53:51 AM
Rags_2_Riches posted...
will they just default to all the missions being done?

No way BW's gonna do that, that's just lazy.
---
I'm God's gift to women!
#4Shaft228Posted 8/9/2011 8:06:05 AM
the_abalizer posted...
Rags_2_Riches posted...

I haven't played it, but I hear DA2 had a character appear alive even if she died in the first game, so it's not above BW. Hopefully it's above the Mass Effect team, though

I'm kinda curious what they're going to do with unloyal survivors, too. I did Zaeed and Jack's missions but didn't have enough paragon to keep their loyalty in my carryover playthrough
#5the_abalizerPosted 8/9/2011 8:28:05 AM
Shaft228 posted...
I'm kinda curious what they're going to do with unloyal survivors, too. I did Zaeed and Jack's missions but didn't have enough paragon to keep their loyalty in my carryover playthrough

I don't know about Jack, but I'd say Zaeed will be trying to kill you if you didn't secure his loyalty. He was really pissed.
---
I'm God's gift to women!
#6FantasyFreak999Posted 8/9/2011 8:34:59 AM
Shaft228 posted...
the_abalizer posted...
Rags_2_Riches posted...

I haven't played it, but I hear DA2 had a character appear alive even if she died in the first game, so it's not above BW. Hopefully it's above the Mass Effect team, though

I think that DA2 occurs at the same time as DA1 does, though, so a character that died in 1 appearing in 2 wouldn't be that far off... at least, that's what I've heard. Haven't played it myself.
---
"Run, run, or you'll be well done!"
~Kefka, Final Fantasy 6~
#7Mr_arizonaPosted 8/9/2011 8:37:34 AM

Jack, Miranda, Jacob, Garrus, Kasumis missions aren't really big choices for characters or main story plots and it's impossible to fail their missions so they might be no more than a mention. (Kasumi is DLC so chances are we'll never truly know what Keji had or if it will play any significance in ME3) So just not doing them wont matter in a big way.

Samara, Thane, Grunt, Zaeed you can either fail their mission or it has some impact on what that character might be doing in ME3. Samara will still be looking for Morinth if you fail or don't do it or Morinth is chosen and might be off killing people again. Thane might die before or during ME3 and might be preoccupied with his son. Grunt has a big did you do his mission or not outcome cause he is Urdnots new secret weapon if you helped him but we don't know what happens to him if you just don't do it. Zaeed is DLC so I expect his story to get passed over no matter what you did. So if you don't do these missions I just expect the failed outcome except with Grunt so maybe he signs up with Urdnot after your mission.

Mordin, Tali, and Legion have the most significance to ME3 depending on what you do so each gets their own category.

Mordin you can't fail but you can decide to keep or destroy the Genophage cure. I think everyone can understand why that is important. If you just don't do it I expect Maleon screws up and the cure is destroyed.

Legion you can't fail but you decide if the Heretics get rewritten or not and this has a number of unforseen outcomes. If you don't do it then expect all Geth to be an enemy in ME3.

Tali has a number of different outcomes. You can fail her loyalty, get her loyalty but exile her, or get her loyalty and not get exiled. No matter what it seems the Quairians get there hands on Talis fathers data so not doing the mission just gets her exiled without her being present.

So loyal and unloyal wont matter much IMO as long as they live and you made the choice in their mission.

As for the Jack/Miranda and Legion/Tali fights I think that is just something to lower your chances of them living in the suicide mission and they will get over it by ME3.

#8badgirls_broPosted 8/9/2011 9:35:18 AM
FantasyFreak999 posted...
Shaft228 posted...
the_abalizer posted...
Rags_2_Riches posted...

I think that DA2 occurs at the same time as DA1 does, though, so a character that died in 1 appearing in 2 wouldn't be that far off... at least, that's what I've heard. Haven't played it myself.

Nope,the point in the game where the character appears is several years after DA:O. The DA2 boards were outraged that such a dramatic decision was completely retconned. They also retconned endings for a companion in Awakenings. Someone at Bioware just didn't give a **** about making those decisions matter. If they do that for ME3, I'm done with them.
---
Let's Punk!
#9HarvestrOfSoulsPosted 8/9/2011 11:54:58 AM
To be fair, when you meet Leliana in DAII on a file you imported in which she died, Hawke says something to the effect of "I heard you had died during blight," to which Leliana replies "It was not yet my time to go." Granted this is pretty silly when you can initiate a finishing move that decapitates her in the first game. Pretty difficult to survive that.

For Anders, Bioware is content to sum up any and all retcons with his character, his sexuality, and his fate with the "A Justice did it/The Devil Made Me Do It" argument. In truth they use this to cover up the fact that Anders was written by an entirely different person in DAII over DA:O.

Even more hysterical is that when David Gaider himself was asked what was the point of having the choice to kill Leliana if she doesn't stay dead on the Bioware forums he threw a big fit about how writers change things all the time and we should just be grateful for what we get. I can't seem to find the topic anymore so I wouldn't be surprise if they quickly deleted it to cover up his outburst.
---
PSN ID: Berselius
XBOX LIVE ID: HarvestrOfSouls
#10Shaft228Posted 8/9/2011 12:10:08 PM
the_abalizer posted...
I don't know about Jack, but I'd say Zaeed will be trying to kill you if you didn't secure his loyalty. He was really pissed.

Eh, Zaeed is a selfish prick but he didn't live as long as he did in his line of work by being short sighted. He has to realize killing the galaxy's de facto general when the Reapers are trying to end all life is not a good idea

Jack's a lunatic, so hopefully she just keeps her distance