Now that its confirmed Bioware has ruined SWTOR, are you worried ME3 is next?

#21Shaft228Posted 9/24/2011 9:26:43 AM
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...

Also, does the vid ever show which HK unit he was referring to? As if he means HK-47, then that's impossible, as HK-47 is still alive 4,000 years later.
Isn't that just from SWG? Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to disregard anything in that game as canon.

It's a shame cause I guarentee I had more fun with that than I ever would if I played TOR. Just the player interaction itself was amazing.
#22sheridanmovieguPosted 9/24/2011 9:29:40 AM
Again. Sith. Evil characters. Only focused on combat. You have no idea what the other options are.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#23IokuaPosted 9/24/2011 9:30:20 AM
The real question I have is how the **** is Revan alive after over 300 years?
Possibly something he would have explained if they allowed him to. Hopefully.

Also, does the vid ever show which HK unit he was referring to? As if he means HK-47, then that's impossible, as HK-47 is still alive 4,000 years later.
Isn't that just from SWG? Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to disregard anything in that game as canon.

SWG or no, it's on the same level of canon as the Knights series.

The issue I'm having with the game isn't a lack of respect for characters, it's a lack of respect for the Star Wars expanded universe. It seems as if BioWare just decided to do things their way, everything else be damned.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#24Shaft228Posted 9/24/2011 9:34:32 AM
sheridanmoviegu posted...
Again. Sith. Evil characters. Only focused on combat. You have no idea what the other options are.

Even if it's only an option, don't you think it's lame that Darth Revan, who is considered an all-time powerful Jedi, can be ganked by some random MMO bounty hunters?
#25sheridanmovieguPosted 9/24/2011 9:40:59 AM
Shaft228 posted...
Even if it's only an option, don't you think it's lame that Darth Revan, who is considered an all-time powerful Jedi, can be ganked by some random MMO bounty hunters?

He's 300 years old. It's kind of weird he's still alive at all. But to answer your question: not really. As I mentioned, he's 300 years old. I'd be surprised if he put up much of a fight at all, and as to the symbolism of the thing; KOTOR was always about letting Dark Side players be the biggest a-holes around. Makes sense that includes trashing icons.

Plus, seeing as how each "class" has its own plotline, it's entirely possible "bounty hunters" wouldn't run into him at all unless they were running with a force user. Not saying it is that way, just that it is possible.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#26IrishSpectre_N7Posted 9/24/2011 9:42:47 AM

Plus, seeing as how each "class" has its own plotline, it's entirely possible "bounty hunters" wouldn't run into him at all unless they were running with a force user. Not saying it is that way, just that it is possible.

Pretty sure it's a faction based instance. Republic players are tasked with rescuing Revan, apparently.
---
http://lparchive.org/Star-Fox-Adventures/Update%2033/42-37-PuttyFaceAndross.gif
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/4fyt74yk/1244755601083.gif
#27sheridanmovieguPosted 9/24/2011 9:47:42 AM
Pretty sure it's a faction based instance. Republic players are tasked with rescuing Revan, apparently.

Figured as much.
---
#28Phoenixmon2Posted 9/24/2011 10:03:12 AM
Man, a canon Revan...that can be killed by the player...that isn't that bad.

It's the fact that they **** out this story instead of KOTOR 3. What a ****tarded pile of ****.

I mean, KOTOR 1 was a well crafted story. Could've easily kick started a good string of games. KOTOR 2, not so good, but it was still going down an interesting path. Then this thing comes along, and any remaining sense is thrown out the window.
#29BDJaycePosted 9/24/2011 10:14:44 AM
MMO's ruin game storylines.. it's been proven.. that being said, despite how 'ruined' the game may or may not be we all know that the game will sell like hotcakes.. whether it's for people who don't care about the story and are entranced by how 'purty' the game looks or by kids who just see the "Star Wars" name and think about Jar Jar Binks and how 'cool' it would be to play as a "Jedi"..

Luckily, I didn't plan on getting it at all.. I MIGHT try it if the game ever goes 'free to play' but not until then..

but to answer your question ME3 is going to rock and unless they do something stupid like make a linear ending (like they did with DA2) then I don't see them being able to ruin the game for me.. I was worried about ME2 being ruined but that game was awesome...
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#30SepewrathPosted 9/24/2011 11:18:31 AM
Are you serious? Who cares. Revan was your character in KotoR, it doesn't belong to you forever, if they wanted to make him a him and have him walk on stilts and quack like a duck, that's their business. What are you whining about? Its irrelevant to the Revan you made in your game, people whine over the most pointless things.