Wait a minute... the script was leaked??

#1stevensonS89Posted 12/19/2011 5:04:48 PM
Why would the script be leaked? Seems like bioware is desperate for attention. Also, the fact I've heard people say the writing that was in the leaked script is horrible worries me. It's coming out in 2 and a half months....
#2ramrod24xxxPosted 12/19/2011 5:06:53 PM
Yep, a leaked script for the whole game= Bioware seeking attention.
---
Official Champion of Crabdom and follower of Gid.
GT: LATAZ BILLYMAYS PSN: Slave_Ship
#3EddyRajaPosted 12/19/2011 5:07:58 PM
The leak was a REALLY old build, alot of it has changed supposely to bioware, don't you blame bioware, because it was confirmed to be microsoft's fault, and people are being really over-dramatic over it, it's not even the complete thing, I read it from top to bottom.
---
PSN=Raiden672008
Currently anticipating: Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saints row the third,Metal gear solid HD collection
#4stevensonS89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 5:14:08 PM
Well, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. I just hope me3 will be just as good or even better than 1 & 2. So, you said you read the script. Was it as bad as some people are claiming?
#5EddyRajaPosted 12/19/2011 5:34:06 PM
It's really not dude, it's not even a script to be honest, all it has it details on so and so missions. and the missions sound amazing.
---
PSN=Raiden672008
Currently anticipating: Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saints row the third,Metal gear solid HD collection
#6some09guy IIPosted 12/19/2011 5:43:14 PM
EddyRaja posted...
The leak was a REALLY old build,

It was garnered from a demo Bioware gave to Microsoft. And independent of how old it is, there isn't really any proof to the contrary that what is contained in it won't make it into the game. Excuses like this is what people always say about demos and I don't remember a time they weren't wrong.

alot of it has changed supposely to bioware,

Some has changed, certainly. Some dialogue specifically has probably been revised. But there is no way to know the extent of the changes.

and people are being really over-dramatic over it,

Because it sucked. Most things were fine, good, even great, but there were a number of very, very bad things.

it's not even the complete thing, I read it from top to bottom.

It was poorly organized, but it was largely complete and hugely detailed.
#7Doofe_2012Posted 12/19/2011 5:59:43 PM

From: some09guy II | Posted: 12/19/2011 6:43:14 PM | #006
Because it sucked

Most things were fine, good, even great

Nice contradiction there. Oh, and for the most part, the story is at least better than ME2, if you can even call its plot a story. From what I've seen on the spoiler group on BSN, most of the vocal minority who think the ME3 leak sucks so bad had largely unrealistic expectations for the game. What many of them wanted would have taken 3 years MINIMUM, not to mention a lot more money, for Bioware to make. People need to face the fact that Bioware has fallen victim to the status quo of the gaming industry: people want sequels in 2 years or less, and that's simply not enough time for masterpieces. Why do you think the Metal Gear Solid games were all incredible? They all had 3 years in development, like ME1, give or take a few months. That's the real reason why ME1 was amazing.
---
Class of 2012: The world's not ending, we're just taking over.
#8SuperVegito2487Posted 12/19/2011 6:04:26 PM
regarding this script... lets compare to me2... and now im talking about choices matter...

horizon is still gonna be a heavy collector battle, with VS showing up, no matter your allign status, so will the overall plot of recruitment missions... tali will still be behind a collosus on haestroem... (sounds nordic hæstrøm), however if legions on it too something special happens...

legion and tali WILL fight, unless you miss the loyalty missions BUT the result differs..

thats how i see this leak... rough... basically the outer line plot has been added, but there are WAY MORE finesse to mass effect (series in general) missions than that.
---
"Its pretty crazy with the people you can run into out there huh?".Jeff "Joker" Moreau about the internet. XBL SuperVegitoFAN
#9some09guy IIPosted 12/19/2011 6:14:59 PM
Nice contradiction there.

It's not a contradiction. A story doesn't need all that much to go wrong for it to not be very good. Hence why it's not very easy to make a good one.

Oh, and for the most part, the story is at least better than ME2, if you can even call its plot a story.

Truth.

From what I've seen on the spoiler group on BSN, most of the vocal minority who think the ME3 leak sucks so bad had largely unrealistic expectations for the game.

Expectations like the things you do matter and decent plot?

What many of them wanted would have taken 3 years MINIMUM, not to mention a lot more money, for Bioware to make.

That's not really true. Well, more money likely, but not some enormous amount. What many of "them" wanted was consistency, choices having consequences, good plotting, and no shoddy MacGuffin.

Why do you think the Metal Gear Solid games were all incredible?

Simple answer: they weren't.

They all had 3 years in development, like ME1, give or take a few months. That's the real reason why ME1 was amazing.

If that's the reason ME1 is, as you say, amazing and the others are not then there isn't really much excuse. Quality is quality regardless of reasons why.
#10andyt73Posted 12/19/2011 6:39:27 PM
Im not sure what everyones problem is, i finally caved and read through the leaked stuff admittedly skim read alot of it i can say im even more excited for this game than i already was pretty much every new element or character introduced sounds good to me i am with the exception of one thing which i cant mention for spoilers. One thing that did stand out was the clever and in depth way they are handling the romance issues, seems atleast on the surface that they have learned alot from past mistakes
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!