Loyalty in ME3

#1ThaneNeedsCurePosted 1/15/2012 10:16:42 PM
Will loyalty be a system again in ME3? Does anybody know if that's the case, there will be loyalty missions or just opportunities during the story or decisions that make them loyal or not? Or is loyalty not even important
#2SuperVegito2487Posted 1/16/2012 12:46:43 AM
What we so far presume, or what i presume people presume, cause i presume it, is that we need to gain civilization loyalty, aka not the loyalty of grunt or wrex, but krogan loyalty, and that those decides our armys firepower, like me2 upgrades
---
"Its pretty crazy with the people you can run into out there huh?".Jeff "Joker" Moreau about the internet. XBL SuperVegitoFAN
#3SuperLink520Posted 1/16/2012 1:03:54 AM
I hope for an underlying loyalty system...where its not such an obvious thing like ME2 but more or less a side quest like ME1
#4SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 1/16/2012 7:55:18 AM
but there we only 3 companion sidequests in ME1...
and ME2's was handled by dialogue, and a quest...
Which is what you seem to want...
---
This message has been deleted by the [LaLiLuLeLo]
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 1/16/2012 8:00:48 AM
*likes username*
---
Bethesda should be like kangaroos, as in they shouldn't be able to step back with each new game.
Newbie at The Bar With No Name.
#6Freedan the EternalPosted 1/16/2012 8:44:07 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
but there we only 3 companion sidequests in ME1...
and ME2's was handled by dialogue, and a quest...
Which is what you seem to want...

That's because ME1's missions were more focused on the main plot. The side stops are closer to what one expects of side quests, of land, kill some stuff, get loot, with the main missions varying up the pacing between fighting, dialogue, and exploration.

One of my biggest problems with ME2 is the fact the loyalty missions are technically side missions, yet each one is individually more interesting than the main plot itself. Ultimately, it's a grand failure of writing. It's like a terrible movie having one amazing scene that for some reason, you're willing to rewatch the entire movie for.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#7xenosaga123Posted 1/16/2012 9:34:29 AM
ME2 loyalty missions and main plot are both great and feed off each other.

People would be foolish to do straight main plot without doing the loyalty missions before the suicide mission.

I think since the loyalty missions are optional, people get this artificial sense the main plot is not as important.

anyways it would be funny in ME3 if there were loyalty missions, everyone is the squad are cowardly and refuse to leave the Normandy unless you do their loyalty missions.

"I don't trust you! I have issues of my own...... I might trust you if you help me deal with something I gotta take care of!"

xD
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 1/16/2012 9:49:34 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
"I don't trust you! I have issues of my own...... I might trust you if you help me deal with something I gotta take care of!"

xD

Oh my! We can't have that.

Vega: "Duh, I never been to space before Mr./Ms. Shepard... I wanna take a tour on the citadel and visit my superior cousin. Plzzzzz?"
---
Bethesda should be like kangaroos, as in they shouldn't be able to step back with each new game.
Newbie at The Bar With No Name.
#9ThaneNeedsCure(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 10:43:42 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

xD

Oh my! We can't have that.

Vega: "Duh, I never been to space before Mr./Ms. Shepard... I wanna take a tour on the citadel and visit my superior cousin. Plzzzzz?"

My god it was so annoying that I couldn't talk to any of them before their loyalty mission. Plus some of the loyalty missions were hit (Thane, Tali, Kasumi, Mordin) and miss (Grunt, Jacob)
#10ThaneNeedsCure(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 10:44:42 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
*likes username*
I'm hoping/assuming that was directed towards me so thanks!