How do you unlock the other characters in MP?

#1TheWarhammeronlPosted 2/15/2012 11:35:53 PM
??

I have bought the Recruit pack like 10 times, and the Veteran one a good 3 or 4.

So far what happened, i got some useless mods i don't really look at, some rockets, some medi-gels.

Then (i mostly play vanguard) i got 4 Vanguard Female custom kits in a row (female van, is the only type of van i can play sadly.). I noticed i had more options with that particular apperance, i can put different patterns on the armor ect.

Then i got like 3 Female Infiltraitor kits. First i don't play that class, second, if i did, i would not want to be a female.

So...how do you unlock krogan, or drell, or turian? Heck...how do you unlock the plain MALE humans??
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#2StaticPenguinPosted 2/15/2012 11:36:59 PM
Keep buying packs. Its the only way.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#3PerfectInuyashaPosted 2/15/2012 11:39:16 PM
Veteran pack only gives you a guaranteed uncommon item and still 5 random. I personally think it's more cost-effective to go for the cheaper packs. It gives you more chances to upgrade things and to gain characters that you don't have.
#4TheWarhammeronl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 11:44:14 PM
So far i have noticed that the "uncommon" items are just all weapons.

And as a vanguard who just runs around with an SMG or pistol, it doesn't do much.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#5FeeshiPosted 2/15/2012 11:58:37 PM
There's also rare/gold items. Certain races for certain classes/the weapons on the more damaging end of the spectrum.

Drell Vanguard, Asari Adept, Krogan Soldier, Quarian Engineer/Infiltrator, Widow, Carnifex are examples.

They appear in both but it's a better chance in veterans. That's really the only reason you get the veteran boxes. Both of the above weapons are worth it, especially the carnifex.
#6Falcon120Posted 2/16/2012 12:02:23 AM
You have to play roulette, basically... it's rather stupid.
---
Many a false step is made by standing still
#7PerfectInuyashaPosted 2/16/2012 12:07:47 AM
Regardless, it's moreso choosing if you want to try to level or max out the more common items, or to try for the ones that you won't see in the smaller package, like the unique characters and alternate weapons/attachments.
#8thealphamoorePosted 2/16/2012 12:35:15 AM
your best bet IMHO is to buy veteran packs, you can afford two usually from a silver game. Eventually you will exhaust the games uncommon stuff and force it to give you the good stuff you want.
#9CactusDudePosted 2/16/2012 12:38:16 AM
Get money, get veteran packs, hope. If you liked buying booster packs of collectible cards as a kid, you'll love this. If you didn't, you'll think it's an annoying hassle that keeps you from getting the stuff you want.

I'm mad lucky, only bought like 3 veteran packs and I have both Asari Adept and Drell Vanguard, and have gotten 2 of those single shot ARs from recruit packs haha.
---
GT: Cactusguy. Hakumen and Juri player