Getting the Chakram

#11assassinsk1llPosted 3/6/2012 1:14:26 PM
nuke2099 posted...
You get the items when you get to the town or before, you don't need to wander for 45 mins.

wrong!

you get ne thing for starting up the demo and the other (the chakram) AFTER the 45 minute timer is up
#12skullsukkerPosted 3/6/2012 1:14:26 PM
no. you have to check on it after a while in order to continue the demo. it will prompt you to do this by saying you have time to free roam or whatever it says. then you hit continue.

then you can go outside and play.
#13The_404s(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 1:16:57 PM(edited)
I'm getting some conflicting posts here, but I appreciate the help. So I have to wait the whole 45 minutes? Oh well...I waited this long for ME3, I suppose a few more hours wont hurt...

Another question though, the little pamphlet I got in my game telling me about this offer told me I'd have to log in to my EA account in the demo of the game itself, but at no point did I see anything that would let me log in or was ever prompted to, so how exactly am I getting the items?
#14Acky_316Posted 3/6/2012 1:21:02 PM
The_404s posted...
I'm getting some conflicting posts here, but I appreciate the help. So I have to wait the whole 45 minutes? Oh well...I waited this long for ME3, I suppose a few more hours wont hurt...

Another question though, the little pamphlet I got in my game telling me about this offer told me I'd have to log in to my EA account in the demo of the game itself, but at no point did I see anything that would let me log in or was ever prompted to, so how exactly am I getting the items?

I'd like to know this, too.
---
1000/1000: Assassin's Creed, Batman: AA, Dark Souls, Dragon Age 1+2, Final Fantasy 13-2, Lego Harry Potter 1-4, Mass Effect 1+2, NCAA '12, New Vegas, Skyrim
#15The_404s(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 1:30:01 PM
Acky_316 posted...
The_404s posted...

I'd like to know this, too.

Bump for mutual interests.
#16JustinS1985Posted 3/6/2012 1:37:34 PM
You connect to the EA server when you sign on to the demo. The first item (the armor iirc correctly) you get at the start. Once you finish the intro bit (escape the tower) the game will give you 45 minutes to free roam. At that point you can just let it sit there for 45 minutes (move occasionally to keep your controller from turning off and pausing the game). Once the timer hits 0 the chakram launcher is unlocked as well.
---
Pokemon White friend code: 4470 0286 9399
#17Acky_316Posted 3/6/2012 1:39:00 PM
JustinS1985 posted...
You connect to the EA server when you sign on to the demo. The first item (the armor iirc correctly) you get at the start. Once you finish the intro bit (escape the tower) the game will give you 45 minutes to free roam. At that point you can just let it sit there for 45 minutes (move occasionally to keep your controller from turning off and pausing the game). Once the timer hits 0 the chakram launcher is unlocked as well.

Thanks a lot! Any word on if demos effect our achievements in any way?
---
1000/1000: Assassin's Creed, Batman: AA, Dark Souls, Dragon Age 1+2, Final Fantasy 13-2, Lego Harry Potter 1-4, Mass Effect 1+2, NCAA '12, New Vegas, Skyrim
#18JustinS1985Posted 3/6/2012 1:41:13 PM
Acky_316 posted...
JustinS1985 posted...

Thanks a lot! Any word on if demos effect our achievements in any way?

Not as far as I can tell. I didn't play the ME3 demo to avoid spoilers, but I played the KoA one and it didn't affect my achievements at all.
---
#19str2012Posted 3/6/2012 2:13:22 PM
I've unlocked the Chakram after the free roam 45 min wait, my question is where and how do I get the Chakram launcher in Mass Effect 3? All my other DLC/preorder guns and bonuses are there, but I can't seem to find this. My armor from the KoA demo is there, and I DID get the prompt telling me it was unlocked. Any help?
#20JustinS1985Posted 3/6/2012 2:16:31 PM
str2012 posted...
I've unlocked the Chakram after the free roam 45 min wait, my question is where and how do I get the Chakram launcher in Mass Effect 3? All my other DLC/preorder guns and bonuses are there, but I can't seem to find this. My armor from the KoA demo is there, and I DID get the prompt telling me it was unlocked. Any help?

Double check to make sure it's unlocked first. Social.bioware.com - log in hover over my games on the left then click my registered game content. It should show up in that list.
---