When did BioWares writing become so bad? At this point Obsidian games have the

#1Forever ShadowedPosted 3/6/2012 3:46:22 PM
best stories. Alpha Protocol was incredible and was everything the "Choices matter!" developers promise in their games and fail at delivering.

I just want to know how we can go from something like ME! - with Virgil, and Illos, and those fantastics scenes - to something like "Press a button to select an Ending."
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#2NoyokiPosted 3/6/2012 3:47:08 PM
Forever Shadowed posted...
best stories. Alpha Protocol was incredible and was everything the "Choices matter!" developers promise in their games and fail at delivering.

I just want to know how we can go from something like ME! - with Virgil, and Illos, and those fantastics scenes - to something like "Press a button to select an Ending."

obsidian?
er...Kotor 2
nuff said.
---
GT: n0y0ki
dead is dead..there is no good way to go.
#3Last VampirePosted 3/6/2012 3:48:08 PM
Obsidian has always outclassed all the other WRPG developers when it comes to story. Even KOTORII had a better story than KOTORI, it just ended up a horrible convoluted mess because LucasArts rushed them to complete it (just like Bethesda did with FO:NV).
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
#4MurphysGhostPosted 3/6/2012 3:48:21 PM
Noyoki posted...

obsidian?
er...Kotor 2
nuff said.

Indeed, it's a good example of how the writing in their games is great- even if the games themselves tend to not be. ;)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5ShockWav3Posted 3/6/2012 3:48:37 PM
>EA
>Dumbed down for Casuals
> Blame Hamburger Helper anyway.
> Bioware never had a full story in mind.

Pick any and all that apply.
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#6cessPosted 3/6/2012 3:48:44 PM
Just to be a pain, technically in all games you choose an ending by pressing a button
#7infinitexxPosted 3/6/2012 3:49:36 PM
KOTOR2 would have been great if they didn't cut out massive parts of the story to release on time.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 3/6/2012 3:49:40 PM
Alpha Protocol may have had a meh story, but at least well designed, but it was a wasted potential of a game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0&ob=av2n for any SSX fans who need a pick-me-up
#9Tbx66Posted 3/6/2012 3:49:49 PM
I totally saw that coming lol.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#10aton_raPosted 3/6/2012 3:50:14 PM
Bioware's story writing has always been bad, it's their characterization they did well
---
"victory is reserved for those willing to pay it's price" Sun Tzu