The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Aralakh Company vs Rachni (Possible Spoilers)

#1xBluezxPosted 3/8/2012 4:48:30 PM
So I'm at the point where I choose to save the rachni or aralakh company. I'm aware that since Grunt is loyal, he will survive both choices, but I wanna know if there are any ramifications on Shepard and his' relationship if I save the queen. In addition, anyone have any specifics on how much they are worth for War Assets?

Because honestly, I think it is worth it to let a few brave krogans die in the line of duty to protect a near extinct species that could be used against the galaxy by the reapers...

Thanks!
#2xBluezx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 4:50:59 PM
bump for assistance D:
#3DeomiPosted 3/8/2012 4:52:11 PM
You get both if you help the queen.
#4Mccj713Posted 3/8/2012 4:54:51 PM
Jumping in here real quick, I did notice that Aralakh provided less Assets with saving the queen than they would have without, but I also got some Renegade Points after choosing that, and I'm not sure why. I figured saving the queen was the Paragon choice, or is there just no way to avoid getting Renegade points after that?
#5DeomiPosted 3/8/2012 4:57:10 PM
Mccj713 posted...
Jumping in here real quick, I did notice that Aralakh provided less Assets with saving the queen than they would have without, but I also got some Renegade Points after choosing that, and I'm not sure why. I figured saving the queen was the Paragon choice, or is there just no way to avoid getting Renegade points after that?

Choosing to save a potentionally unstable insectoid beast over the squad you came in with is paragon to you?
#6CoolKidRicoPosted 3/8/2012 5:00:59 PM
Deomi posted...
Mccj713 posted...

Choosing to save a potentionally unstable insectoid beast over the squad you came in with is paragon to you?

For me, at the time, yes. I saw the options as Free the Creature or Let it Rot.
#7chicostickPosted 3/8/2012 5:01:59 PM
Deomi posted...
Mccj713 posted...

it should be since I had heart to heart talk with her in ME1
#8XaderPosted 3/8/2012 5:19:23 PM
Yes, you get Aralakh company if you save the queen, but in the description, it is noted that the company was virtually wiped out while providing cover for Shepard and co. to escape.

You end up with about 100 points for the queen and 50 for Aralakh if you save the queen IIRC.
#9DeomiPosted 3/8/2012 5:31:56 PM
chicostick posted...
Deomi posted...
Mccj713 posted...

it should be since I had heart to heart talk with her in ME1

There are two rachni queens, if you start from scratch you get this hugely grotesque mutated rachni.
#10florencemildPosted 3/10/2012 2:54:24 PM
Xader posted...
Yes, you get Aralakh company if you save the queen, but in the description, it is noted that the company was virtually wiped out while providing cover for Shepard and co. to escape.

You end up with about 100 points for the queen and 50 for Aralakh if you save the queen IIRC.

Yep, and you can even add another 25 points if Grunt survives, which he should if you import from ME2 with his loyalty mission done (and his survival of the end, of course). So you get 175 total for saving the queen. I think the max you can get for saving the Aralakh company is 75, and throwing in Grunt's 25 only nets 100.

So I saw it as the best choice war asset wise. But either choice made me feel bad. :( Couldn't save them all.