Best Infiltrator build for Insanity?

#11SepewrathPosted 3/13/2012 12:56:02 PM
unknowninfo775 posted...
Infiltrator is really hard for insanity. I just quit and turned it down to hardcore on Javiks recruitment mission. Turrets will tear you apart.

You know nothing on a Infiltrator if you really just picked Turrets as a cause for concern. Turrets are a toy for Infiltrators, use them to thin the ranks and then blow them up when they served their purpose.
#12pprincessPosted 3/13/2012 11:12:39 PM
I wasn't initially impressed with Cryo rounds either until I maxed it just before the Cerberus base, having nothing else I wanted to put in points. Holy crap once it was maxed I was one-hit killing even Marauders with a bar or two left of the shield. Before cryo just chilled or froze targets, but all of a sudden when maxed it one-shots without even having a head shot. I should have maxed it sooner.
#13KaelRothPosted 3/15/2012 4:10:30 PM
Infiltrator is a great class on insanity I just beat it today on my first playthrough it is the only class I have ever played in all the Mass Effects and have beaten the 2nd and 3rd games both on Insanity on my first playthough pretty easily.

Ill share my build and bonus power for you guys.

Couple quick things for the build-

Bonus power armor-piercing ammo- The reason for this is that with the Black widow you can fully utilize its power to tear through light cover to tear up enemies plus you will be able to handle all but barriers very well. Many one shot kills if you hit head.

Weapon- Use the black widow as your primary gun as its lethal and has three shots before reloading.

For off hands take the locust and the paladin both should do fine

-Weapon mods for widow
- Sniper Rifle Concentration Mod This will making sniping enemies like banshees and brutes hella easy and deadly as you can lock on any targets head fairly easily before they make a move in fact I found this with the widow nearly gamebreaking for most battles.

-Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope - Also use this mod to help in under fire situations for aiming.

Note- I chose not to use weapon mods because my build does enough damage so the focus of the mods were to establish accuracy and precision.

Recommended Squad-
Note- this build works with pretty much any squad mate I chose however these two were the ones that I felt complimented the difficulty and play style for this build.

-Liara for establishing control on the field with her singularity and stasis and fast recharge. Basically your prime support and removing enemies from cover.

-James Vega works amazing as your tank he only died twice I beleive with the build I gave him. His survivability and recklessness actually make him quite the compliment to this build.

-I can share their builds with you if you would like to know just ask.

- For those that hate a certain character I feel ya and either Javik, Ashley or EDI will work well. Garrus not so much because he is kind of like an inifltrator and Tali with drones just not a fan.

Okay so the meat and potatoes of the build.
-The two best hints I can give for this build is get decent with a sniper rifle and cover. The last but most important hint MASTER CLOAK this is your life. The cloak power is the best and most powerful ability of an infiltrator it can be used to revive fallen team mates. Rip apart the enemy with sniper rifles and escape fights and flanks. You can also flank.

If you can use cloak you will die and will hate being the class. However if you can master cloak you will excel and destroy insanity I promise you.
#14KaelRothPosted 3/15/2012 4:11:30 PM
So to the powers. I will use a or b do define the choice i chose for the later power ranks such as 4, 5 and 6. a being the top choice and b being the bottom so here goes.

Disruptor ammo- Max this skill out and use it vs synthetics. This is your synthetic ammo and armor piercing will be your organic ammo. Also use this for barrier shields.
Disruptor choices- 1, 2, 3, 4a, 5b, 6a

Cryo ammo- This is easy AVOID it with the other two ammos you dont need this I personally do not like it and never used it and made out fine with out it. To clarify do not spend any points in cryo ammo until all your other skills are maxed out.

Incinerate- I chose to use this to target and individual enemy for damage so my choices reflect that.
Incinerate choices- 1, 2, 3, 4a, 5a, 6b

Tactical Cloak- (Hot key this power to Y) Use this ability to enforce fast recharge as you will use it alot and use it to promote maxed damage. You better pound that Y button your cloak should recover quickly. I find the end choice of a bonus power to be fired in cloak to be useless as infiltrators really dont have powers that are really worth giving up the 40 percent extra sniper damage.
Cloak choices- 1, 2, 3, 4b, 5a, 6b

Sticky Grenades- This power was one of the last I maxed out it is helpful but not as useful in my opinion as cloak, sabotage or the ammo powers. These help with armor shields.
Sticky grenade choices- 1, 2, 3, 4a, 5b, 6a

Sabotage- This comes in handy when your under fire and vs engineers and turrets.
Sabotage can be a life saver for sure and really makes the infiltator a beast versus synthetics. Basically think of this as your decoy more than for taking out the enemy when on insane. This just creates another body to fire for you but ultimately for it to take fire for you.
Sabotage choices- 1, 2, 3, 4a, 5a, 6a

Operational mastery- Use this for carrying more weight to keep your powers at a comfortable recharge weight while also carrying a sniper, smg and pistol. Also helps with sniper damage. Quick note for choice 4 I chose 4b to help with influence in coversations so first playthroughs it makes for a good decision however if paragon and renegade transfer over after you have beaten the game and re start with a ME3 import i would suggest choosing 4a as 4b paragon/renegade perk will be useless by then.
Operational mastery-1, 2, 3, 4b, 5b, 6a

Fitness- Ok heres where we will make our infiltrator durable and battle worthy. He will still not be able to take many hits but will be a lot stronger and more survivable then a normal infiltrator.
Fitness choices- 1, 2, 3, 4b, 5b, 6b

Armor piercing ammo= This ammo greatly compliments the infiltrator. As it makes sniper rifles armor piercing through walls come true. Also I recommend ammo as a bonus power for infiltrators because you can equip it and stack its damages on top of cloak to make one hell of a formidable damage dealer. Reason for choosing choice 6a over 6b is that if you have Liara and her singularity you will not have to worry about enemies camping very often behind cover.
Armor piercing choices- 1, 2, 3, 4a, 5b, 6a

So there is the build I pride this build and have used it to beat and excel on the hardest difficulty in both ME2 and ME3. It is hella fun and compliments snipers and assassin passioned players.

My hints are master cloak and fitness first after that operational mastery. That way you have your meat and potatoes of your build down. These three will make it easier if you max them first. Then move to any of the others as you please.
#15KaelRothPosted 3/15/2012 4:12:24 PM
Closing comments-

Map for the x box-

Cloak- Y

Stickies and Sabotage switch back and forth as- RB ( i often had stickies equpped and would just power wheel activate sabotage.

Incinerate-LB

Always equip ammo powers check and recheck to make sure blue will appear for disruptor and a yellow light will appear on your weapon for armor piercing.

YOU NEED GARRUS alive to gain armor piercing bonus power. If he died marksman from ashley works well but I would choose warp ammo as a substitute.

I used the armor armax armor set and kai lengs visor which you can get from spectre terminal after a certain part in the game. To avoid spoilers.

If you want companion builds message me.

Other than that if you follow this guide and master cloak and snipers you should do well and beat insanity with an infiltrator.

Thanks

Angels.
#16sanjosegamerPosted 3/16/2012 10:40:22 AM
KaelRoth posted...
Infiltrator is a great class on insanity I just beat it today on my first playthrough it is the only class I have ever played in all the Mass Effects and have beaten the 2nd and 3rd games both on Insanity on my first playthough pretty easily.

Ill share my build and bonus power for you guys.

Couple quick things for the build-

Bonus power armor-piercing ammo- The reason for this is that with the Black widow you can fully utilize its power to tear through light cover to tear up enemies plus you will be able to handle all but barriers very well. Many one shot kills if you hit head.

Weapon- Use the black widow as your primary gun as its lethal and has three shots before reloading.

For off hands take the locust and the paladin both should do fine

-Weapon mods for widow
- Sniper Rifle Concentration Mod This will making sniping enemies like banshees and brutes hella easy and deadly as you can lock on any targets head fairly easily before they make a move in fact I found this with the widow nearly gamebreaking for most battles.

-Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope - Also use this mod to help in under fire situations for aiming.

Note- I chose not to use weapon mods because my build does enough damage so the focus of the mods were to establish accuracy and precision.

Recommended Squad-
Note- this build works with pretty much any squad mate I chose however these two were the ones that I felt complimented the difficulty and play style for this build.

-Liara for establishing control on the field with her singularity and stasis and fast recharge. Basically your prime support and removing enemies from cover.

-James Vega works amazing as your tank he only died twice I beleive with the build I gave him. His survivability and recklessness actually make him quite the compliment to this build.

-I can share their builds with you if you would like to know just ask.

- For those that hate a certain character I feel ya and either Javik, Ashley or EDI will work well. Garrus not so much because he is kind of like an inifltrator and Tali with drones just not a fan.

Okay so the meat and potatoes of the build.
-The two best hints I can give for this build is get decent with a sniper rifle and cover. The last but most important hint MASTER CLOAK this is your life. The cloak power is the best and most powerful ability of an infiltrator it can be used to revive fallen team mates. Rip apart the enemy with sniper rifles and escape fights and flanks. You can also flank.

If you can use cloak you will die and will hate being the class. However if you can master cloak you will excel and destroy insanity I promise you.

Thanks for posting the build KaelRoth! Can you share your builds for Liara and James? Thanks again!