Which ending is the Paragon ending?

#21M1911A1Posted 3/15/2012 12:19:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 3/15/2012 12:24:40 AM(edited)
Its simplistic, but I assume control is the closest to a paragon ending simply because the laser's blue.

It may seem unparagonish at first, but actually if you think about it it does make sense. You sacrifice your own mortal existence to become one with the reapers, so you can have them leave in peace while at the same time leaving the Geth/EDI alive. Destroying the reapers, means that you also screw over the friendly synthetics...so its actually quite Renegade. You completed your objective, whatever the cost, the geth and edi be damned.

But yeah generally they're not a clear paragon, renegade, or neutral choice. And I don't claim to be a fan of any of it either lol, but just my two cents on what we have. I don't presume to know what any crazy future dlc or indoctrination theory whaazoo may bring though.
#23dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 12:47:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24jenovaPosted 3/15/2012 12:59:17 AM
The Paragon and Renegade choices are ultimately useless, Shepard is a good guy regardless. This isn't KOTOR.

Getting "Full Paragon" or whatever doesn't do a damn thing.
---
where doing it man, where MAKING FETCH HAPEN.
#25Sp00kPosted 3/15/2012 1:07:31 AM
There is no renegade or paragon ending. The game guides you down that path for 2.99 games and then completely changes things up when you get hit by the beam so that people wouldn't have a clue what happened without some deep thought.

MushroomX's posts are essentially the same conclusion I came to after spending a few hours reading through everything supporting the indoctrination theory.

There are minor holes in the overall theory but nothing as big as anything present in the theory that what happened after the eye beam actually happened in the real ME world.

People don't seem to care for it because it isn't spelled out directly to us and requires A LOT of placing pieces together that 1 person probably wouldn't readily do on their own.

It also leaves the door open for a DLC cash grab to end the trilogy >_>
---
If you torture a stat badly enough it will tell you anything.
-John Hollinger @ 2011 Sloan Conference
#26incinerator950Posted 3/15/2012 1:10:23 AM
Bioware announced none of the endings are morality keyed. Stop asking.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/incinerator950/
#27MasterChief802Posted 3/15/2012 1:11:55 AM
SetsunaFS posted...
None of them are Paragon or Renegade. Your choices are Stupid, Stupid, or Stupid. Pick one.
---
GT: Swirko
#28Sp00kPosted 3/15/2012 1:16:13 AM(edited)
Kiyosuki_Mk2 posted...
Its simplistic, but I assume control is the closest to a paragon ending simply because the laser's blue.

It may seem unparagonish at first, but actually if you think about it it does make sense. You sacrifice your own mortal existence to become one with the reapers, so you can have them leave in peace while at the same time leaving the Geth/EDI alive. Destroying the reapers, means that you also screw over the friendly synthetics...so its actually quite Renegade. You completed your objective, whatever the cost, the geth and edi be damned.

But yeah generally they're not a clear paragon, renegade, or neutral choice. And I don't claim to be a fan of any of it either lol, but just my two cents on what we have. I don't presume to know what any crazy future dlc or indoctrination theory whaazoo may bring though.

Except choosing Blue means you side with TIM. This is exactly what his goal was and he obviously wasn't paragon but it results in supposedly a paragon ending. TIM was also indoctrinated when he wanted this.

Choosing green also seems like a Paragon choice. Except green is what Saren wanted and he wasn't paragon. This again results in supposedly a paragon ending. Saren was also indoctrinated when he wanted this.

That leaves red. What Anderson wanted and what Shepard was fighting for. It also seems to be the most negative choice. Assuming you want to believe what the kid is telling you is in fact truth. Which it isn't. Shepard is part synthetic by the time ME2 rolls around. Killing synthetics should kill him. However, this is the only option that lets Shepard live.

Ultimately none are good/bad or paragon/renegade. The two better ones are you giving up. The bad one has you living to fight on.
---
If you torture a stat badly enough it will tell you anything.
-John Hollinger @ 2011 Sloan Conference
#29SSJGrimReaperPosted 3/15/2012 1:19:07 AM

None of them are Paragon or Renegade. Your choices are Stupid, Stupid, or Stupid. Pick one.

Lmao
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfthdnJel1r4my8ko1_400.gif
#30Sacul64Posted 3/15/2012 1:19:50 AM

Bioware announced none of the endings are morality keyed. Stop asking.

So why does the ending area look like the dialog wheel?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/25ja0i9.jpg [~N~]
http://backloggery.com/sacul64gc/sig.gif