The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What was the original Dark Energy ending everyone's talking about now??

#1ShockWav3Posted 3/15/2012 10:41:05 PM
People asked in the other topic but everyone just ignored them and argued among themselves. WTF is it?!
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#2battalionwars2Posted 3/15/2012 10:42:01 PM
I honestly made a topic about this at the same time as y *ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL*
---
Gamer Tag: Some Beef
PSN: SomeBeef
#3MrPibbRulesPosted 3/15/2012 10:44:20 PM
Short version? Instead of (SPOILERS) Reapers killing us to keep us from making robots(end spoilers) they were doing it to somehow find a way to keep dark energy from shutting down star systems, or something like that. Had its fair share of problems, but I would have preferred it.
---
That's right folks, Kaidan doesn't level up. He stops holding back.
#4Lord of NightmaresPosted 3/15/2012 10:45:25 PM
(SPOILERS)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Drew Karpyshyyn's original draft for ME3's ending which explained the motivations behind the Reapers. They were supposed to be a union of countless alien races with the first-generation Reapers having discovered in the distant past that Dark Energy (which was alluded to in ME2 during Tali's recruitment mission) was threatening the entire galaxy/universe, and so they preserved themselves in Reaper shells and tried to do the same to 'save' other sufficiently advanced races, while attempting to figure out a permanent solution for untold millions of years, although they were unable to find one up to the present.

When this original script got leaked, fan backlash was apparently so bad that they had to rewrite ME3's ending and so we ended up with this instead, and you know the rest.
-
-
-
-
-
-
(END SPOILERS)
#5SraltheredPosted 3/15/2012 10:45:34 PM
Here seems to be a pretty good rundown of it

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/62194525
#6BitterBearPosted 3/15/2012 10:46:09 PM
MrPibbRules posted...
Short version? Instead of (SPOILERS) Reapers killing us to keep us from making robots(end spoilers) they were doing it to somehow find a way to keep dark energy from shutting down star systems, or something like that. Had its fair share of problems, but I would have preferred it.

At least it would have made slightly more sense than (SPOILERS) the Catalyst making synthetic beings to wipe out organics every 50k years so the organics wouldn't make synthetics that would wipe them out. Yeah...
#7colon_threePosted 3/15/2012 10:47:44 PM
So they got rid of one completely nonsensical ending in favor of another completely nonsensical ending.

That gives me great faith in whatever DLC ending they supposedly might add now.
---
PSN - Neo_Buddha
Baltimore Ravens: Ripping my heart out since 2002.
#8SepewrathPosted 3/15/2012 10:48:50 PM
Its an ending that's worst than what we got lol. A theory many people came up with, that made zero sense, hence the reason its not in the game.
#9PenguinMafiaPosted 3/15/2012 10:49:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus
#10ShockWav3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 10:49:41 PM
Thanks guys.
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox