Turian Sentinel Weapon?

#1BurstBearPosted 3/16/2012 3:06:47 AM
Finally got my Turian, so I need to decide on a weapon. But...I'm not sure. AR is sort of given thanks to the passive boosts in Turian Vet.,I have a Bunch of different types, but they're all Is and IIs. I'm in a similar boat with all weapon types. Good overall selection, but all very low level. Is there anything I should look for that will really stand out and suit him?

Oh, Also, This is a power spamming type Turian Sent. No Tech Armor, just Abuse Overload and Warp.
#2Cmac4Posted 3/16/2012 3:08:17 AM
Mattock Vindicator and Avenger are all light enough to spam'powers with. All are good guns.
---
I was going to say the cake is a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee...Then I ate some oranges and everything was k.
#3RuimoundPosted 3/16/2012 3:09:31 AM
Honestly, I just promoted mine, and I went with the Phalanx. With 200% cooldowns, I could keep Tech Armor on and still have a very palatable amount of Overload spammage.
---
You can be the secret character when your messages become coherent. - Philosopher06
#4SharazurePosted 3/16/2012 3:11:43 AM
I just made mine a tank with the dmg reduction perks and brought whatever weapons I wanted. Usually an AR, because of the Turian vet passive, and either a sniper or scoped pistol. Completely, for the most part, ignoring power usage o:
---
XBL GT: SiX6SiX REAPER
#5outlawstar289Posted 3/16/2012 3:15:15 AM(edited)
I use the Raptor sniper rifle, basically a higher powered, heavier weight Mattock, keeps my cooldowns around +82%. I only turn on Tech Armor while I need it, so I can still quickly spam chain overload and warp to my heart's content. I only turn on Tech Armor when my regular shields go down and I'm in a tough spot, you don't usually need it on especially if you invest in Fitness.

If you don't have that, use a decent heavy pistol like the Phalanx, or a middleweight AR like the Mattock/Vindicator.

As a side not, don't put too many points into Tech Armor. One point is enough, since the bulk of Tech Armor's advancements concentrate on bonuses when the armor is purged (too situational), and ones that add on to its innate damage resistance only come at like tier 5 and 6. It's better to max out warp and overload and spread your points over Turian Vet and Fitness
---
Army National Guard 2008-Present
GT: Commando GMC
#6BurstBear(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 3:32:05 AM
One other thing! What would be the better last turian Vet choice? 30% lighter AR is quite nice, but so is another 10% power and stability.

Also, I do like the Raptor, but it feels very weak on silver :x
#7outlawstar289Posted 3/16/2012 3:33:24 AM
BurstBear posted...
One other thing! What would be the better last turian Vet choice? 30% lighter AR is quite nice, but so is another 10% power and stability.

I'd say power and stability.

As it stands, with all the Turian Vet passives and weapon attachments, I do like +55% damage with weapons. It's a big plus
---
Army National Guard 2008-Present
GT: Commando GMC
#8Cast_SupremacyPosted 3/16/2012 3:42:24 AM
Huh, I paint the town red with only a Geth Plasma Shotgun, it's more like a handcannon than a shotgun and has insane range + a slight tracking ability on the bullets
#9Cmac4Posted 3/16/2012 3:53:55 AM
BurstBear posted...

That's up to you...Obviously the damage and stability is awesome but the weightn reduction lets you spam powers more often.
---
I was going to say the cake is a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee...Then I ate some oranges and everything was k.
#10BurstBear(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 3:57:07 AM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
Huh, I paint the town red with only a Geth Plasma Shotgun, it's more like a handcannon than a shotgun and has insane range + a slight tracking ability on the bullets

Well of course a Cast Supremacist would use a Geth Weapon. :V

After another round with the Raptor, I think I can work with it.