Choices needed in ME1 and ME2 to give higher EMS in ME3(spoilers)

#1PowerofFusionPosted 3/16/2012 8:02:00 AM
I figure we should make a thread dedicated to outlining the "best" choices in ME1 and ME2 that will allow us to maximize our asset potential in ME3.

So far:

Kill Wrex on Virmire.

Save Rachni Queen

Save Zhu's Hope with no casualties and spare Shiala

Do not kill Conrad Verner

Destroy Mealon's Data

Insure the loyalty and survival of squadmates in ME2

Destroying the heretics makes it easier to broker peace between the Geth and Quarians but rewriting them supposedly gives more assets in the end.

Give David to Cerberus

Complete Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival

Have a large amount of mineral resources on the Normandy when you finish the game

Obtain all Normandy ship upgrades except for extended fuel and improved Pod capacity.

Help Conrad Verner on Illium
#2hennethannunPosted 3/16/2012 8:09:48 AM
I can confirm that rewriting the geth provides more war assets if one can still negotiate a peace.

the quarian fleets are a weaker (140 is per fleet I think) but the geth are hugely buffed (geth forces are over 800 points at full strength).
#3paulguyPosted 3/16/2012 8:17:54 AM
This is very vague.
How bout some kind of break down as to how much the assets actually differ.
---
Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game!!
#4PowerofFusion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 8:28:53 AM(edited)
paulguy posted...
This is very vague.
How bout some kind of break down as to how much the assets actually differ.

I wanted this to include output from everyone since the items I listed are simply those based on my own personal knowledge.

Killing Wrex and destroying Mealon's data allows you to successfully sabotage the Genophage cure but keep Krogan support along with Salarian. It also allows you to keep Mordin alive if you make the proper choices.

Keeping the Rachni Queen alive in ME1 gives you actual Rachni assets in ME3 if you choose to save her.

Shiala and Zhu's hope become assets provided you obtain the best outcome

Conrad Verner becomes an Asset in ME3 provided you don't kill him in ME1 and assist him in his sidequest in ME2.

Making your squadmates loyal and keeping them alive in ME2 means Grunt doesn't die when you force him to help you rescue the Rachni Queen. Kasumi's survival when she assits you against the Hanar diplomat, Thane assisting you with keeping the Salarin Councilman alive, Zaeed alive during the volus diplomat sidemission, and helps keep Miranda alive.

Large mineral resources in ME2 means a larger mineral asset in ME3

All important ship upgrades improves the Normandy's asset score

Giving David to Project overlord give a better asset boost overall.
#5primusninePosted 3/16/2012 8:21:23 AM
Saving Maelon's data is better, unless you wind up tricking Wreav.

Don't trick Wrex, and make sure you have the data. Cause if you don't get the Salarians, it makes up Krogan strength.
#6PowerofFusion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 8:30:52 AM
primusnine posted...

Don't trick Wrex, and make sure you have the data. Cause if you don't get the Salarians, it makes up Krogan strength.

Saving the data means Eve lives, if Eve lives, you can't persuade Mordin who becomes an asset if he stays alive. And you can trick Wreav into thinking the plague is cured, keep Krogan full support and gain Salarian full support.
#7MarauderShieldsPosted 3/16/2012 8:35:17 AM
So, to ensure the best assets you just have to hate the krogan?

Kill Wrex, Save Rachni, Destroy data, Fake cure...
---
*Bang*
#8leoking99Posted 3/16/2012 8:37:01 AM
Don't punch Khali Bint Al Jihani (or something like that) EVER. Also, what asset increases if you give David to Cerberus? Cuz he helps on the Crucible if you send him to Grissom. Just looking for a point breakdown, cuz I have a spreadsheet that doesn't seem to mention it being a good choice.
#9master_gamr1231Posted 3/16/2012 8:38:29 AM
PowerofFusion posted...
primusnine posted...

Saving the data means Eve lives, if Eve lives, you can't persuade Mordin who becomes an asset if he stays alive. And you can trick Wreav into thinking the plague is cured, keep Krogan full support and gain Salarian full support.

Actually, I think you get full Salarian support later on anyway if the councilor is saved from Leng. So it might be more advantageous to cure the genophage, since I believe having Wrex and Eve alive brings more war assets at the sole cost of Mordin.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#10Gigafreak gfPosted 3/16/2012 8:38:45 AM
That one "innocent" asari at Saren's base in Virmire? The one you can scare into fleeing with threats of "blowing this place to hell and gone?" I think her name was Rana?

Shoot her.

Otherwise her latent indoctrination kicks in during ME3 and she'll kill off a little bit of your Assets.