Why the heck does Kai Leng talk so much trash?

#21STLCards1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 5:32:19 PM
He says over comm that "running is difficult" earlier in that mission.
#22AdonistheDarkPosted 3/20/2012 5:35:02 PM(edited)
Kai Leng killed a b**** with a toothbrush.

Not because he was in prison and a weapon needed to be improvised. Not because it thematically/tonally made a lick of sense. Just because he happened to have a toothbrush and a b**** needed to be dead.
---
"Deus Ex Nanomachina" ~IGrokSpock
#23DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/20/2012 5:36:26 PM
HieiDante21 posted...

Not because he was in prison and a weapon needed to be improvised. Not because it thematically/tonally made a lick of sense. Just because he happened to have a toothbrush and a b**** needed to be dead.

That's why he calls in his little ship to get cheap shots on Shep...because he's so badass...

Then taunts him like a 12 year old. I hope he's cooler in the books, because he's a punk little girl in game.
---
Beardy
Also, if you're telling me a killer whale won't eat a dick, then sir, you've got another thing coming to you.- KMAnsem
#24fatdaddy100Posted 3/20/2012 5:36:45 PM
Possible MINOR spoilers about Thane in ME3, just saying that to be safe...

If I recall correctly, his illness is a bacterial infection of the lungs. It progresses and continues to decrease the amount of oxygen his blood receives. To say that he is fine with short bursts of exercise is not accurate IMO. He fought hard with too little oxygen, he was literally days or a couple weeks from death. At least days from being bedridden.

Oh and more on topic, I agree, Kai Leng seemed fairly lame for how badass they tried to make him act and look. I laughed so hard when Thane trash-talked him on his (Thane's) deathbed. He was right, Kai Leng is an embarrassment.
---
"Certainty of death, small chance of success...what are we waiting for?!" ~ Gimli son of Gloin
#25JulesCornPosted 3/20/2012 5:38:22 PM
And then he does nothing else until the fight. Wherein he sneaks up on somebody from behind and still gets slaughtered like a lamb.

Man Thane's fanboys are obsessive.
---
I'm so corny sometimes!
#26JulesCornPosted 3/20/2012 5:39:08 PM
HieiDante21 posted...

Was it the 6,000 mass effect field toothbrush for Tranyor?
---
I'm so corny sometimes!
#27casedawgzPosted 3/20/2012 5:40:25 PM
JulesCorn posted...
And then he does nothing else until the fight. Wherein he sneaks up on somebody from behind and still gets slaughtered like a lamb.

Man Thane's fanboys are obsessive.

Its implied that Cerberus hit the hospital.
#28DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/20/2012 5:41:29 PM
JulesCorn posted...

He stopped the assassination attempt, it doesn't matter that he died.
---
Beardy
Also, if you're telling me a killer whale won't eat a dick, then sir, you've got another thing coming to you.- KMAnsem
#29PhantomflamexPosted 3/20/2012 5:42:00 PM
Kai Leng came off as a 12 year old who is trying to look cool. I laughed so hard at the e-mail he sends you. jeez
#30AdonistheDarkPosted 3/20/2012 5:42:23 PM
Kai Leng is lame. I wasn't hyping him up; I was poking fun at the infamous scene from Deception.
---
"Deus Ex Nanomachina" ~IGrokSpock