The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Looking for MP gold Salarian Engineer build, please

#1Acky_316Posted 3/23/2012 4:03:14 AM
Topic. Thanks guys!
---
1000/1000: Assassin's Creed, Batman: AA, Dark Souls, Dragon Age 1+2, Final Fantasy 13-2, Lego Harry Potter 1-4, Mass Effect 1+2, NCAA '12, New Vegas, Skyrim
#2BellethorPosted 3/23/2012 4:08:39 AM
Max out decoy for improved duration, shock and AOE explosion

Max out energy drain, first perk is your choice, the next two I forgot what they are but pick the obvious one

The rest is up to you. Incinerate isn't really as necessary as energy drain because energy drain stuns. It's your choice, you can use a hard hitting pistol like the Carnifex to subsitute for incinerate.
---
This user is a proud homosexual dinosaur
#3Crimsonhead4Posted 3/23/2012 4:16:11 AM
Just so you know there is already about half a dozen if not more topics about salarian engineer already, but since I'm already adding to this topic why not include some input. This is what I run

Decoy (4) duration
Energy drain (6) area, recovery, damage resist
Incinerate (6) damage, burn, armor damage
Salarian operative (6) power damage and weight, power damage, weapon damage
Fitness (4) health and shields
#4Acky_316(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 4:20:21 AM
Crimsonhead4 posted...
Just so you know there is already about half a dozen if not more topics about salarian engineer already, but since I'm already adding to this topic why not include some input. This is what I run

Decoy (4) duration
Energy drain (6) area, recovery, damage resist
Incinerate (6) damage, burn, armor damage
Salarian operative (6) power damage and weight, power damage, weapon damage
Fitness (4) health and shields

I appreciate it, man. Do oh regularly play on silver or gold with that build?
---
1000/1000: Assassin's Creed, Batman: AA, Dark Souls, Dragon Age 1+2, Final Fantasy 13-2, Lego Harry Potter 1-4, Mass Effect 1+2, NCAA '12, New Vegas, Skyrim
#5OmniNakagoPosted 3/23/2012 4:25:23 AM
My gold build that I posted in another topic:

Energy Drain: Radius, Drain, Armor Boost (6)
Decoy: Durability, Shock, Shields & Duration (6)
Incinerate: Damage, Burning Damage, Armor Damage(6)
Salarian Operative: Damage & Capacity (4)
Fitness: Durability (4)

For weapons, use anything that will give you max recharge bonus.

I know some people like their decoy to blow up, but it does pathetic damage. Your main selling point (especially on gold) is to take pressure off your team, and you want to do that for as long as possible.

Use Energy Drain to simply strip shields and boost your survivability, and use your weapon and Incinerate as your main forms of attack.

Also, note that if an enemy sees you casting decoy right in front of them, they will, for the most part, ignore it. You have to be a little more tactical about setting it up.
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
#6Crimsonhead4Posted 3/23/2012 4:38:23 AM
Silver primarily but have taken it to gold a few times and done well also
#7BellethorPosted 3/23/2012 4:48:03 AM
TC like I said most of it is up to you, there are some skills that are pretty much necessary like Decoy and Energy Drain but other then that the groundwork is up to you. You can clearly see by all these various builds that there's something for everybody, just because somebody maxes out Incinerate but doesn't max out STG doesn't mean you need to do the same, or vice versa. That person could have different weapons then you.

You should list your best pistols and maybe sniper rifles/shotguns
---
#8CarpeCapricornPosted 3/23/2012 4:49:42 AM
Salarian Engineer is my best character and I play on Gold all the time. Only time I win gold is with him.

Personally, I think anything above rank 3 for decoy is a waste of points.
It is his best ability, but rank 3 is all that's needed. it has held all the big nasty enemies at bay long enough to kill them with very very few exceptions... and if it does run out or die before the beastie does, i just throw down another one. damage perks on it are useless. use your weapons and other powers to do damage. don't waste your time speccing the decoy into that.

6 energy drain (groups)
3 decoy
6 incinerate (max damage to a single target)
6 salarian (power damage)
5 fitness (shields)

I gave him the weight decrease for snipers at the end of the salarian tree and rock a raptor, but you could go with the other option and use a good heavy pistol if you want.

decoy will hold everything just fine at 3 levels.
energy drain nukes shields and AoE stuns everything else
Incinerate gets spammed on anything with armor (banshees, brutes, pyros, etc..) with additional damage from your weapon. kills them pretty fast.
---
---
Beings that are born of dreams must return to them...
#9BellethorPosted 3/23/2012 4:56:34 AM
CarpeCapricorn posted...
Salarian Engineer is my best character and I play on Gold all the time. Only time I win gold is with him.

Personally, I think anything above rank 3 for decoy is a waste of points.
It is his best ability, but rank 3 is all that's needed. it has held all the big nasty enemies at bay long enough to kill them with very very few exceptions... and if it does run out or die before the beastie does, i just throw down another one. damage perks on it are useless. use your weapons and other powers to do damage. don't waste your time speccing the decoy into that.

6 energy drain (groups)
3 decoy
6 incinerate (max damage to a single target)
6 salarian (power damage)
5 fitness (shields)

I gave him the weight decrease for snipers at the end of the salarian tree and rock a raptor, but you could go with the other option and use a good heavy pistol if you want.

decoy will hold everything just fine at 3 levels.
energy drain nukes shields and AoE stuns everything else
Incinerate gets spammed on anything with armor (banshees, brutes, pyros, etc..) with additional damage from your weapon. kills them pretty fast.
---

That's not what people put damage on the decoy for. People put damage on the decoy so that enemies are forced to attack it.
---