Screw "new ending" DLC, I want Kolyat DLC!

#1blahblahtsonPosted 3/23/2012 7:48:37 PM
Though there are a lot of variables that go into it because of the events of ME2, I saw potential in Kolyat as a crew member. Maybe he started training himself to be an assassin after Thane left, and though he has killed before the mission on the citadel was his first paying contract. He hadn't killed since then/before then if you stopped him, but the time spent between ME2 and 3 was used to get to know his father better (Thane lived) or hunting down leads about his father (Thane died).

If Thane died without making peace with Kolyat, he will eventually find out about his father's last years and the truth of his mother's death, and will wish to atone for his sins.

If Thane made peace with Kolyat but died in the mission, he will find Shepard and say that he wished to live up to his father's name.

If you didn't talk with Thane on the citadel, he will say that his father's dying wish was for his son to make the Galaxy a little brighter.

However, if Thane sacrificed himself, Kolyat will be out for revenge. Though Thane wished for him to make the galaxy a little brighter, he wants to find and kill the man who killed his father. If you take the drell to the Cerberus base, he will have some lines of dialog during the battle with Kai Leng.

After the battle, your third crew member downloads the Cerberus information as Shepard and Kolyat talk. Shepard sees Kai stand up behind Kolyat with his sword ready. The renegade option this time has Shepard draw his gun and shoot Kai between the eyes. If you let it go, Shepard warns Kolyat, who disarms Kai, impales him on his own sword, then lays him down with his hands over his chest before standing up and praying.

Like his father, he isbiotic and specialize in sniper rifles and sub machine guns. His powers are similar to his father's, except he also has cluster grenades (Instead of Shredder Ammo) and charge.
#2sonicenthusiastPosted 3/23/2012 7:51:25 PM
I would pay $10 for Kolyat, I was hoping he was going to join up on the Citadel. Bioware missed a cool opportunity I think.

---
Sega announced JSR for XBL, all my money is theirs now.
My faith in humanity has always been low, visiting GameFAQs has no effect on it.
#3ShadowRisaePosted 3/23/2012 7:52:03 PM
The one thing that bothers me about Kolyat is how it feels like he's basically just a palette swap of Thane. Doesn't even wear different clothes.

Other than that though, your idea is pretty interesting. I'd buy that if they made it.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#4Jstretch19Posted 3/23/2012 7:52:25 PM
No
---
Bow Down to Beercules
#5blahblahtson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 8:15:09 PM
ShadowRisae posted...
The one thing that bothers me about Kolyat is how it feels like he's basically just a palette swap of Thane. Doesn't even wear different clothes.

Other than that though, your idea is pretty interesting. I'd buy that if they made it.

They would have to change his look since all Drell seem to wear the same clothes. Maybe he gets Thane's old armor from when he was Kolyat's age?
#6cidiuscreidPosted 3/23/2012 8:17:31 PM
I was actually thinking Kolyat was gonna be a replacement squadmate for ME3 if you lost Thane during the Suicide Mission. This was also going on my assumption that most, if not all, ME2 squadmates would return for ME3.
---
AAAAAAHHHH.....OOP!
http://creid.deviantart.com
#7ChiroteraPosted 3/23/2012 8:54:28 PM
Kolyat would have been nice - especially because the life support room just sits there all empty all game.
---
Detroit Red Wings: 1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008
#8AndyKennedyPosted 3/23/2012 8:56:27 PM
I was sure Kolyat was going to step onto the ship after the scene with Thane Krios. I love the drell and thought that they were the creative highlight of Mass Effect 2.
#9blahblahtson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 9:49:13 PM
Chirotera posted...
Kolyat would have been nice - especially because the life support room just sits there all empty all game.

It annoyed me how it was open, but nobody was in there. Ever.

AndyKennedy posted...
I was sure Kolyat was going to step onto the ship after the scene with Thane Krios. I love the drell and thought that they were the creative highlight of Mass Effect 2.

That would have been awesome, and would make sense. I like the Drell design and concept as well, seeing as there may be fewer Drell than Krogan.
#10Heineken14Posted 3/23/2012 9:54:58 PM
Wouldn't having Koylat be a badass assassin just like his dad kind of go against that whole loyalty mission deal you did in 2...
---
Do you have anything flashier? I want something that says "I own this room. I own you."