How many war assets can you gain by doing multiplayer? (spoilers)

#1wolverine4286Posted 3/26/2012 2:29:35 AM
I'm currently about to go to Cerberus Headquarters but I only have about 3190 military assets (over 6000 overall) but I have done all the side missions, explored the galaxy so nothing much else I can do except MP. I let the Quarians die by mistake so I got the Geth military asset but no Quarian. Is it possible to make up the remaining assets through multiplayer to get 4000 for best ending?

I still don't fully understand the war asset thing, feel like i should be doing something with it but just information when I look at them on the console. I have 50% readiness and the final battle info says the odds are even for now... So not sure how to improve.

Any end spoiler free info would be appreciated, thanks.
---
Shut up Mimsy!
#22HardcorePosted 3/26/2012 2:32:16 AM
You can take your readiness to 100% and I think you get 75 War Assets each time you promote a character.
#3eggbasketPosted 3/26/2012 2:34:32 AM
All you have to do is make your military strength more effective through multi player. When you have it where you want it, load up the final mission.
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.
#4SYNAESTHE5IAPosted 3/26/2012 2:46:43 AM

With the military assets stat you listed, you just need to raise the standard Readiness Rating of 50% to about 63% to take your EMS over 4000. That's easily done in just a couple of games on Bronze.

#5BDJaycePosted 3/26/2012 2:47:24 AM
2Hardcore posted...
You can take your readiness to 100% and I think you get 75 War Assets each time you promote a character.

I tried to promote a character wound up promoting the whole damn group in the class..
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#6wolverine4286(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2012 2:51:07 AM
Ok cheers guys, that's cleared that up. Not a fan of multiplayer but kinda looking forward to seeing what it's like on this, and at least I can get better stats in single player by doing it, so not so bad.
---
Shut up Mimsy!
#7eggbasketPosted 3/26/2012 2:51:37 AM
BDJayce posted...

I tried to promote a character wound up promoting the whole damn group in the class..

Since all races share the same level within a class they all go to 1 when you promote. You promote the class, not the individual.
---
#8eggbasketPosted 3/26/2012 2:55:26 AM
The MP in this game is actually a LOT of fun. I thought the same as you, was just going to play to boost my assets in single player for the ending. Wound up playing for a week before I went back.

Think halo firefight. You and 3 others take on waves of npcs. However the customization and objective waves thrown into the mix make it much more enjoyable than halo firefight imo.
---
#9wolverine4286(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2012 2:56:04 AM
Sorry guys, just 1 more question... So going with what 'SYNAESTHE5IA' said, if you get the readiness rating greater than 50% it will boost your military assets? So if I got my rating to 100% does anyone know what the military assets would then be?
---
Shut up Mimsy!
#10eggbasketPosted 3/26/2012 3:01:44 AM
Your military assets are not boosted by playing online. Your readiness rating is. This % will determine the effectiveness of your assets. So if you have 5000 assets and your readiness rating is 80% your effective assets are 4000. Get it?
---