I do not understand the level of hate with this ending. *spoilers

#121K_to_the_ittyPosted 3/27/2012 6:20:19 AM
It wasn't the ending that made me want to punch an aborted fetus, it was the lack of closure and the large amount confusion at the end.
#122Grandy12Posted 3/27/2012 7:00:22 AM
TrialAndError posted...
That being said, u mean to tell me not one scientist studied the structure or the schematics of any relay??

I'm fairly sure it was stated somewhere in game that they did study it for years, but nobody ever understood any of it.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#123TrialAndErrorPosted 3/27/2012 7:05:49 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
TrialAndError posted...
The Protheans invented the relay network

Stopped reading right there.

Credibility <= zero.

I think you just destroyed your own credibility there buddy....
---
Pixel Republiq is coming...
PSN & Xbox Live: TrialnError423
#124tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/27/2012 7:25:57 AM(edited)
TrialAndError posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
TrialAndError posted...
The Protheans invented the relay network

Stopped reading right there.

Credibility <= zero.

Is this really necessary? Am I being trolled? Fine, I'll bite..

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Relay

"The mass relays, despite common belief, were not created by the Protheans but by the Reapers. As made clear by Sovereign, the Protheans were merely one of many alien races to find the relays and the Citadel and take advantage of them."

Now, who exactly destroyed who in the credibility department? Answer me that? The more you know...
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#125JolteonPosted 3/27/2012 7:29:52 AM

By pointing out that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about?

God, you're bad at this.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#126TrialAndErrorPosted 3/27/2012 7:55:07 AM
Funny... I re read what I wrote but I meant Reapers since that was what I was talking about. Eh no matter, happens when u type fast. The argument still stands about them having Reaper tech at thief fingertips.

Therefore, end.of all races argument is null.

As for being bad at this, you've had the same argument despite having differing reasons as to why races can survive. You talk about fuel and no technology despite their being fuel.depots, other planets to mine that weren't mined in the game, ingenious scientists from every speicies, Reaper technology, unity among everyone and depending on.your ending, the citadel or unification of species.

Seems to me you all just didn't want the game to end and are crying because of it.
---
Pixel Republiq is coming...
PSN & Xbox Live: TrialnError423
#127tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/27/2012 7:55:59 AM
^ Likely story.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#128soulprovider17Posted 3/27/2012 10:02:27 AM
"PenguinKillBear posted..
I find that conclusion to be possibly the least likely. You are trying to tell me that a collection of all the races and technology in the galaxy that just defeated a "godlike" ancient indestructible enemy couldnt figure out a way to combine their efforts and survive?
They have the technology to travel through space. They can fix, salvage, and make new ships. With all the people dead on Earth who cares if they are stuck there for a while? Over population will not be an immediate problem as you know everyone died. Not to mention we took soldiers, scientists, and people to help. That doesn't mean there are people on respective home worlds who do have food and supplies and can go out in aid even if it takes years. It seems to me you are taking the least likely conclusion and holding it as gospel. There are plenty of other likely situations that may occur."

Even if they were to combine their races technologies the details put forward in the mass effect 1 codex suggest that getting to some of there home systems could take decades to centuries even with FTL speeds, and given that the reapers destroyed all fuel stations during their invasion and the mass relays were destroyed no body was prepared for a long term flight like that. The only ones who could come close to sustaining themselves are the quarians since they grow their own food but they do not have enough to support the turians. Also the krogan cannot eat human food so they would have to survive on turian rations which makes them sick, the asari are the only ones who can eat human food so that is not a problem but for the most part humanity was olbiterated since the prothean VI even stated that the harvest was almost complete.

Also given that all of the reapers were on every home world including palavan, surkesh, tuchanka and thessia and so on its reasonable to assume those populations were vastly reduced and all technology was either destroyed by the reapers or shorted out by the mass effect cancellation explosion so many races were set backwards to a time before space flight. Basically to put it mildly the galaxy was sent back to the dark ages and will probably not be able to recover properly for a millenia or two. there will be many repercussions for what shepard did..... hence the mass effect mmo that biowares interested in doing.
#129soulprovider17Posted 3/27/2012 10:28:34 AM
TrialAndError posted...
Funny... I re read what I wrote but I meant Reapers since that was what I was talking about. Eh no matter, happens when u type fast. The argument still stands about them having Reaper tech at thief fingertips.

Therefore, end.of all races argument is null.

As for being bad at this, you've had the same argument despite having differing reasons as to why races can survive. You talk about fuel and no technology despite their being fuel.depots, other planets to mine that weren't mined in the game, ingenious scientists from every speicies, Reaper technology, unity among everyone and depending on.your ending, the citadel or unification of species.

Seems to me you all just didn't want the game to end and are crying because of it.

hmm where to start
1. the reapers destroyed all fuel depots, this was part of their invasion plans so as they occupied more territory they cut off supply lines and made it easier to take out organic ships and the mass relays were destroyed. The scientists could build a mass relay from the destroyed reaper tech if you chose the destroy ending but without its partner relay it would still be inoperable.
2. The reapers harvest and destroy unusable technology and populations, soverreign states this in the first game including when it talks about the geth.
3. Most planets in the sol system were mined before humanity went out to colonize other worlds, even if they were able to find planets that slipped through the radar there isn't enough salvage to make proper mining euqipment in order to mine these locations and rebuild the mass relays..
4. Scientists can only do so much as evidenced by the prothean vi on ilos. They were only able to make sense of how the reapers invaded and had finished the small relay that was built on Ilos and that was because they dissected the mass relay technology. However in this cycle the council made it illegal for anyone to study the keepers or the relays and anyone caught tampering with the mass relays were either arrested or attacked hence the first contact war between humans and turians.
5. One problem with your final reason, the citadel gets destroyed regardles and same goes for the relays, the reapers don't start helping the smaller races they just up and leave and all organics become part synthetic through space magic only if you chose the synthesis ending, other wise in the control ending they just go back to dark space and leave everyone alone for 50k more years but the damage is done.

Lastly lets not forget that the reapers tend to indoctrinate the victims of a planet making the harvest that much easier so many of the indoctrinated victims would turn into drooling husks of their former selves and would automatically starve even when the reapers left. So lets assume that 50-60 percent of the remain population was indoctrinated that would reduce the remaining numbers of people who could help.

See the problem here.
#130akaTNOPosted 3/27/2012 10:29:27 AM
Who can't handle different opinions, it's just hilarious by now because it's like people saying Evolution is Just a Theory.