Mass Effect twitter claims ending DLC was already in the works

#41SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 3/27/2012 5:24:23 PM
@ blighboy

I know what you mean but...that's pretty much saying that until they ran out of ideas about Shepard + the Reapers, the game should have been continually pushed back, costings millions and millions more, until every single idea was in the game...
---
Playing: Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy/MGS HD Collection
#42DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/27/2012 5:25:42 PM
Translation:

Mass Effect already planned on stealing your money, makes me feel better anyone else?
---
I held the line, and all I got was this lousy color swap.
#43jerjalPosted 3/27/2012 5:28:20 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
Translation:

Mass Effect already planned on stealing your money, makes me feel better anyone else?

Oh, you.

We all knew DLC was coming and they made no attempt to hide it.
#44DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/27/2012 5:34:55 PM
jerjal posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...
Translation:

Oh, you.

DLC should be addons not the dang conclusion.

Lord of the Rings: return of the king by BIoware

Frodo: Sam here we are Mt. Doom....
cut to black
"Insert $10 to see frodo throw ring in the fire."

mmmkkkkk
---
I held the line, and all I got was this lousy color swap.
#45jerjalPosted 3/27/2012 5:37:38 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
jerjal posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...
Translation:

Oh, you.

DLC should be addons not the dang conclusion.

Lord of the Rings: return of the king by BIoware

Frodo: Sam here we are Mt. Doom....
cut to black
"Insert $10 to see frodo throw ring in the fire."

mmmkkkkk

we don't know if the DLC is an addon to the ending. Most people expect it has something to do with Aria and taking back Omega. The only thing they have said about the ending is that they will explain it.
#46BlighboyPosted 3/27/2012 5:44:26 PM

@ blighboy

I know what you mean but...that's pretty much saying that until they ran out of ideas about Shepard + the Reapers, the game should have been continually pushed back, costings millions and millions more, until every single idea was in the game...

I don't think so. The problem isn't that they didn't include everything, it's that they didn't include the conclusion. Star Wars would have still worked if say, Lando or the ewoks had been cut out. Would it have felt like it was missing something? Sure, but it would have worked. If the movie had ended right after

*spoiler warning because of mod happy people*

Luke had cut off Vader's hand and Luke had refused to kill him...then what's missing is a little more core to the experience.
---
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/blighboy/fluttershy_shadowfearlarge.gif
#47ForThatTunaPosted 3/27/2012 5:48:26 PM
I don't really see what the problem is, if they are making a true ending i bet its gonna be huge, especially if the ending consists of everything you did in the past 3 games.

Why is everyone upset?
#48MoskidoPosted 3/27/2012 5:49:25 PM
Ya know, they could be lying. Taking credit for others ideas or acting like you had things under control the whole time would be a pretty dick idea. But at least they gave you something
---
GT: XBPD x OVOXO | Playing: ME3, SF3, GoW3, FO:NV
Until the Chicago Bulls win a 7th title, this sig will not be changed. I'm willing to wait. D. Rose MVP! :D
#49PrinceOfFalloutPosted 3/27/2012 5:53:02 PM
i dont mind i just want to know how you surived the destroy ending
---
"This is good... isn't it?" - Big Boss
https://www.playfire.com/DivineSnake
#50oneupkevPosted 3/27/2012 5:53:10 PM
ForThatTuna posted...
I don't really see what the problem is, if they are making a true ending i bet its gonna be huge, especially if the ending consists of everything you did in the past 3 games.

Why is everyone upset?

heres an example

you watch a film at the cinema, pay full price.

the film's endiing makes no sense

the true ending is released later if you buy the dvd

i'd be mad, i paid to see the whole thing, not to have a disappointing ending then have a new one as a tacked on after thought
---
Oh yeah? well i'll just make my own mass effect 3 ending....with blackjack.....and hookers