This is amusing...

#1MagiKorPosted 3/28/2012 1:25:22 AM
And I happen to agree.

http://badassdigest.com/2012/03/14/mass-effect-3-protests-prove-annie-wilkes-is-the-patron-saint-of-fandom/

*Flame shield up*
---
Charles Carmichael always comes quickly.
#2ZenningPosted 3/28/2012 1:28:59 AM

A few choice bits..

"I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet.."

"Here's the thing: for this editorial the quality of the ending doesn't matter."

Yeah.. This article is pretty goddamn stupid.
#3WrathofAchillesPosted 3/28/2012 1:29:27 AM
Another article written against the gamers who either doesn't cover the REASON we're upset., (not becuase it wasn't rainbows and puppies because that DOESN'T MATTER TO US)... or the best ones where they DID NOT even PLAY THE GAME...

Great article... *epic eye roll*

And for the record, I nor any sane person condones the ***** who use death threats against Bioware... or other completely insane and uncalled for action. The VAST majority of us are being quite civil about the whole thing... but are patience is starting to wear a little thin...
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#4ParanoidObsessivePosted 3/28/2012 1:30:25 AM
NEW AND ORIGINAL TOPIC!

Also, would probably be a better article if it actually attempted to be accurate instead of just bashing people over something he doesn't actually seem to understand, because it's cool to mock people who disagree with you.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#5The DevourerPosted 3/28/2012 1:34:06 AM(edited)
I totally agree with it. I've been saying the whole time, it's one thing to say that you want more that it left you feeling empty and that you want some closure and would like them to expand on it (how unlikely was it for them to NOT do that anyway) and everything, but everyone is acting like they are somehow owed something even though they really aren't, at all.

And if you happen to disagree with them, no matter how calmly or rationally respectfully you do so, they accuse you of basically being an ass kisser or something, eating up everything you're given without so much as a question.

It also doesn't take someone PLAYING THE GAME to make a call on how people are acting about it and make an objective deduction on how people are acting about it. At all.

It's like someone flipping their **** because they got a cold Big Mac and starting all kinds of **** over it. Just state the problems with it and ask for a solution, don't just be ranting about how it's all wrong and ****, it's silly and immature.
---
Q8200, GTX460SE, 4G DDR2 900, 750G SATA2, 700W, Logitech G5/G15, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#6MagiKor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 1:37:27 AM
Another article written against the gamers who either doesn't cover the REASON we're upset., (not becuase it wasn't rainbows and puppies because that DOESN'T MATTER TO US)... or the best ones where they DID NOT even PLAY THE GAME...

It doesn't matter whether he played the game or not, and the REASON you're upset is equally irrelevant.

The point that the article makes is simple. You can hate the ending all that you want to, and it's even understandable that one might be upset at how something ends after investing so much time in it.

But to feel that you are somehow entitled to something different than what you were given, just because it didn't satisfy you is absurd.
---
Charles Carmichael always comes quickly.
#7ZenningPosted 3/28/2012 1:39:36 AM
MagiK0r posted...

It doesn't matter whether he played the game or not, and the REASON you're upset is equally irrelevant.

The point that the article makes is simple. You can hate the ending all that you want to, and it's even understandable that one might be upset at how something ends after investing so much time in it.

But to feel that you are somehow entitled to something different than what you were given, just because it didn't satisfy you is absurd.

What? What exactly do you think Entitled means exactly?
#8sorenlovesikePosted 3/28/2012 1:48:40 AM
Sorry, I don't agree with the "it's their art" argument. I'm a writer. If one of my books suddenly became wildly popular, everyone loved it, devoured it, and clamored for more... and the ONLY issue they had was with the ending, I would seriously consider going back and changing it. I would be humbled, I would respect their opinions, and I would seriously wonder if I did something wrong. I would also want my story to be the best it could possibly be.
#9IokuaPosted 3/28/2012 1:50:53 AM
MagiK0r posted...

The majority of people who want it changed are not "entitled", they don't want to changed solely to fulfill their own selfish desires. ME3's ending is damaging to the franchise as a whole, it's a blemish on BioWare's work. I want ME3's ending changed because I didn't like it, however I also believe it needs to be changed because it insults the six or seven years of work the ME team put into the series.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#10WrathofAchillesPosted 3/28/2012 1:51:59 AM
MagiK0r posted...

Is it absurd to expect something of a product when it has been repeatedly told to me it will do what I was told? I don't think so.

If I bought a BluRay player but am told on the box, by the seller and the maker and even inside the box itself that you can "Also plays DVDs" but find out, you can't? Is it absurd for me to feel wronged and demand my money? Or a return? I don't think so... perhaps we view things differently. This is basic comsumerism. If you advertise a product as such... then you're SUPPOSED to deliver it that way... not just renege on it and do something else. That's HORRIBLE business.

We have been led to believe our choices matter... time and again...we have been told this is OUR Shepard... you shape YOUR OWN experience. Yes it is THEIR game, but we've become 'part owners' over the years. We have shaped our own ME universe by the actions we take in game. This isn't Halo, or Resistance or CoD where no matter what happens or how you play the game EVERYTHING is the same... one person's ME game, (while the major sections would be the same: Working for Cerberus in ME2, Destroying the Genophage on Virmire etc), all of the other points would and could be drastically different.

I love how the word "entitled" has become the catch all for ANYONE who disagrees or hates the endings. You get similar reactions from people who watch TV shows but they're never called "entitled"...yet in games you have WAY more interaction with the story.

While I agree games "are art" they're also a means to an end. They're meant to make money and what matters in the end is the bottom line. If your consumer base is upset do you ignore it because of "artistic integrity"?

You can...but doing so may doom your long term bottom line.

For a company which prides itself in listening to it's fans and SHAPING their games based on our feedback, (IIRC Hudson himself stated that feedback helped make Garrus and Tali romancable people when originally they were never supposed to be)...I would expect them to continue this and respond in kind.

If they don't then fine... tell us... give us the middle finger and tell us to "sod off"... we'll see how great their next game sells after that of course.

Call me whiny... call me "entitled"... I don't care. But if they want to be considered art, then they have to face the critics and take the criticism...ALL OF IT. And if a majority of your fans are AGAINST something you do, chances are it's PROBABLY a good idea to change that.

But again... what do I know... I'm just an "entitled" gamer...
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.