Breaking news- Interview with Partick Weekes re: ending DLC

#1anothrgamer1234Posted 4/7/2012 9:10:37 PM
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Story-and-Campaign-Discussion-Spoilers-Allowed/Unofficial-Interview-with-Patrick-Weekes-conducted-by-a-fan-at-Pax-11154234-1.html

It's good to see that one of the writers here really does care about the fans and the franchise. He says a lot of interesting stuff about ME3 and the ending DLC, but the most important stuff is as follows:

-Everyone plot-important on the Citadel survived.
-Although the relays are still broken, FTL drives are greatly enhanced to such a degree that the relays are no longer needed.
-The mass relays did not explode so much as short-circuit themselves.
-Weekes wanted to do cinematics showing the assets in action, but it would have taken too much time and money. He seemed disappointed that he couldn't show off the volus dreadnought Compensator (no, really).
-Weekes wasn't happy with Harbinger's absence either.
#2nananabatmanPosted 4/7/2012 9:13:50 PM
I want ot have Weekes's Children.
---
"Nope. Kaidan puts the "bi" in biotic."- Bronze_Stuff
#3BTzzPosted 4/7/2012 9:15:39 PM
anothrgamer1234 posted...
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Story-and-Campaign-Discussion-Spoilers-Allowed/Unofficial-Interview-with-Patrick-Weekes-conducted-by-a-fan-at-Pax-11154234-1.html

It's good to see that one of the writers here really does care about the fans and the franchise. He says a lot of interesting stuff about ME3 and the ending DLC, but the most important stuff is as follows:

-Everyone plot-important on the Citadel survived.
-Although the relays are still broken, FTL drives are greatly enhanced to such a degree that the relays are no longer needed.
-The mass relays did not explode so much as short-circuit themselves.
-Weekes wanted to do cinematics showing the assets in action, but it would have taken too much time and money. He seemed disappointed that he couldn't show off the volus dreadnought Compensator (no, really).
-Weekes wasn't happy with Harbinger's absence either.

Course they did.

*eye roll*
---
Xbox 360 GT: Ian Bits
#4DrunkBeardGuyPosted 4/7/2012 9:20:48 PM
Breaking News: Bioware is retconning everything due to their **** up.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#5baseball7000Posted 4/7/2012 9:22:07 PM

Breaking News: Bioware is retconning everything due to their **** up.

Eeyup.
---
There's a special place in hell reserved for you. - Le_Derpstick, talking about me.
#6krakers20Posted 4/7/2012 9:22:35 PM
I thought the volus dreadnought was called the Kwunu after the diplomat who negotiated the volus' client race status with the turians...
---
Thane Krios' preferred method of assassinating Krogan: Running leaping spinning neck-snap.
#7LimeInCoconutPosted 4/7/2012 9:23:20 PM
This is a lot of good info, and I've been saying most of this stuff since I first beat the game...

The galaxy isn't ruined from the Mass Relays...

All the different species can survive effectively...

Though what I'm surprised about is that there were survivors from the Citadel wreck.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7cSDl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/x7ji9.jpg
#8Omega12596Posted 4/7/2012 9:24:27 PM
Not to be a downer, but the TC there clearly states that nothing in his post should be quoted for truth or taken as any kind of official comment on anything. If the TC says not to quote his comments because he might have remembered the stuff wrong or gotten Weekes comments wrong... I'm sure he spoke with Weekes and Weekes probably was more down to earth with his responses but I wouldn't, and the TC flat out says not to, put any weight or hope on any of Weekes supposed comments becoming actuality.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out what the TC over there said himself.
#9IokuaPosted 4/7/2012 9:26:01 PM
Compensator? That's ****Ing fantastic. :P
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#10yaboyleeroyPosted 4/7/2012 9:26:25 PM
resources, resources, resources. EA done did it.