The final conversation *spoilers*

#1LazyDave1Posted 4/8/2012 1:48:17 AM
I'm kind of pissed off... not because of the ending itself but because of the final conversation with the Illusive Man. For whatever reason, I had the red/blue options for everything except the LAST choice.

IGN's guide says you need 100% reputation (which I'm pretty sure I had), while the wiki says you need to use paragon/renegade options during every meeting with the Illusive Man. I explicitly remember thinking I ****ed up the first conversation with him on Mars, because IIRC, I chose the regular paragon option (top-right) rather than the "left" option, which usually opens up the red/blue choices.

So, is that why? One very easy-to-make conversation mistake at the very beginning of the game where I still hadn't figured out the slight changes to the ME3 convo system, and I can't get the best option at the end of the game? I remember choosing not to reload because I figured at most I lost out on a few Paragon points, of which there are plenty in the game.
---
I was too lazy to come up with a decent username. So what?
#2MalzelPosted 4/8/2012 1:49:53 AM
Probably.
I've heard that, yes, you need to do the correct Paragon/Renegade options on every meeting. I haven't gone with the "normal" choices ever so I can't say from experience.
#3gamefreak918273645Posted 4/8/2012 1:53:53 AM
I like how people saying that choices didn't matter (not saying TC did this), but when they did matter they complain that they made the wrong choice and missed out on something.
---
GT- KILLER KNIGHT 1
"I also have my own achievables. See Bleep Bloop." - Caboose
#4domeromeconePosted 4/8/2012 2:01:03 AM

But it didn't matter especially in this context.

****Spoilers

Either way Anderson is going to bleed out and the Illusive man is going to die while saying the same final words.  

Star Child is still waiting to give you that magic elevator ride into space. 

#5LazyDave1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:40:06 AM
domeromecone posted...
But it didn't matter especially in this context. ****Spoilers Either way Anderson is going to bleed out and the Illusive man is going to die while saying the same final words. Star Child is still waiting to give you that magic elevator ride into space.

My understanding is that there's a potential for differences if you don't get the final red/blue option with the Illusive Man. If the wiki is correct, you need more EMS to get the "best" ending if you fail to persuade the Illusive Man to kill himself. Instead of 4000 you need 5000, which I did have. The "best" ending is one where Earth isn't badly damaged and where Shepard seems to be alive if you chose "destroy". Or so I think...

Still, after that whole process and trying to do everything perfectly, it's frustrating when you somehow fail the reputation check for the best closure with one of the main antagonists... even if the overall "ending" is the same.
---
#6jdoublem3Posted 4/8/2012 2:46:27 AM
Perhaps you missed the 1st speech check on Mars? During the 1st conversationi with TIM at Mars, you have to choose the middle option which then leads to the first speech check. If you choose the paragon option right away you missed out on the first speech check.
---
OH YES
#7LazyDave1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:52:28 AM
jdoublem3 posted...
Perhaps you missed the 1st speech check on Mars? During the 1st conversationi with TIM at Mars, you have to choose the middle option which then leads to the first speech check. If you choose the paragon option right away you missed out on the first speech check.

Yes, that's what I think happened. :(
---
#8cradle_emperorPosted 4/8/2012 2:56:30 AM
jdoublem3 posted...

I missed this as well and i think its so very stupid. The people who did get it right are gonna have no idea that it mattered. People who got it "wrong" like me still has no idea why this is even relevant
---
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
[Lotus P150HM] i7-2670QM/AMD HD 6990M/8GB DDR3/Mushkin 120GB SSD/Seagate 750GB HDD
#9seb03Posted 4/8/2012 4:09:36 AM
jdoublem3 posted...

I had like 7000 EMS and went paragon through the whole game. This must be what I missed too because I didn't have those last options
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."