If this had been a JRPG would the ending be more excepted?

#1daddydivinePosted 4/8/2012 4:45:30 AM
You know games like Xeno-whatevers and Final Fantasy have weird, plot hole filled, poetic, endings, yet they seem to be well received. Final Fantasy X ending was sad and strange but is considered one of the best. Just want to know why its different for a WRPG.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#2JimcamxPosted 4/8/2012 4:49:43 AM(edited)
Because in FFX (spoilers) we already knew Tidus was a dream of the Fayth. We had no prior warning of ME3's ending. It came from nowhere.

I'l pay you, that bosses such as Yu-Yevon and whatever that guys name from FFIX's name was (necro-something?) tend to come from nowhere. However they still manage to fit within their respective universes, what happened here doesn't seem 'correct' within the games context. I hope the ending DLC will help with that.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/onesixone/splode.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/onesixone/moron.jpg
#3daddydivine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 4:54:20 AM
Gotcha. Not defending the ending anymore, just noticed that the last 10 minutes had a JRPG or anime vibe with the weirdness.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#4SkarwolfPosted 4/8/2012 4:57:40 AM

Uh like building the entire game up around the metro sexual long white haired dude and when you finally get to him your limit break meter automatically charges instead of giving you a nice 1 on 1 fight.  What like a giant for some reason slow moving meteor that crashes into the one big city on the planet & at the end of the credits the dog lives...   Uh no, I thought it was barftastical.  FF7 ridiculousness.

I can't stand JRPG's.  

We can't create content so we'll make the game ridiculously hard and force the player to grind exp by redoing the same area for hours just so they can do that one dungeon without dying repeatedly.  Then repeat the process every step of the way.

Metro sexual spiky haired characters with gigantic weapons.

The plot always revolves around "Gaia" or the planet and spirits of the planet and something like that.  What one was it where the moon for some reason had monsters and all these monsters fly down from the moon lol.

#5FaDRainPosted 4/8/2012 5:00:52 AM(edited)
Nanaki's species is long lived.

FF8 - Lunar Cry.
#6PostCrisisJ2Posted 4/8/2012 5:01:48 AM
Uh no? Despite popular opinion, the majority of the JRPGs I've played tend to actually, y'know, at least try to have conclusive endings even if the rest of the plot isn't that great. I mean, even Phantasy Star Universe managed to have an ending that felt more conclusive than ME3, and not only was the single player mode of that game not that great, it practically had the same message to go out and play the online mode!

I know it's all fun and games to bash JRPGs because none can ever top Final ******* Fantasy VI but good god can we at least try to act like that the only people making JRPGs is Squeenix! Goddamn.
---
The Warriors series has amazing plots.
Going to the bathroom makes me lose faith in humanity.
#7Clique_KillaPosted 4/8/2012 5:35:29 AM
Final Fantasy X's ending is nothing like plot hole ridden mess that is Mass Effect 3's ending. FFX had an actual bitter sweet ending, that didn't leave people hanging when it came to the fate of the world. Most JRPG's that I've played do not pull what Mass Effect pulled, hell most RPG's(that I've played) don't pull out rushed endings like that.
---
Killa of Cliques
#8punchwalkPosted 4/8/2012 5:39:52 AM
If this had been a JRPG, there would not have be the option to choose BroShep or FemShep; there would only be one androgynous looking Shepard.
#9Hockeyking89Posted 4/8/2012 5:50:27 AM
Whoa, hey now. Necron didn't fit at all. But that didn't even matter because that entire game, including the ending (except for random free extra boss battle), was flat out amazing.
#10jaydigPosted 4/8/2012 6:00:02 AM
punchwalk posted...
If this had been a JRPG, there would not have be the option to choose BroShep or FemShep; there would only be one androgynous looking Shepard.

One long pant leg and one short with a shin guard or something. Bandanna. Blue hair. One elbow pad with a smiley face on it.