All of ME1 vs. All of ME2 vs. everything but the ending of ME3

#1Sam_GuevennePosted 4/8/2012 12:43:06 PM
Which is the best game of the series in your opinion?
---
RA20
#2bessy67Posted 4/8/2012 12:44:29 PM
For me it's ME1. IMO this series is all about the story, and out of the three games the story was strongest in the first.
#3ChriSquared222Posted 4/8/2012 12:45:00 PM
3 ainec
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexFiXLbdOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHrxwRbYRY
#4colon_threePosted 4/8/2012 12:45:44 PM
The story is only the strongest in the first game because people give it credit for ALL the background story for the series. The actual plot of the game itself is as basic as it gets.

I want to play through the whole trilogy again to be sure, but from a pure gameplay perspective, I honestly think I enjoyed ME3 the most.
---
PSN - Neo_Buddha
I feel less intellengent each time I get on these boards - RKOMe2011
#5WstonefiPosted 4/8/2012 12:47:19 PM
ME3 for sure.
#6F_4_FADPosted 4/8/2012 12:48:14 PM
First time playing? Mass Effect 1 > 2 > 3
After multiple playthroughs? 2 > 1 = 3
---
http://yourmomatron.com/ymb/
#7bessy67Posted 4/8/2012 12:51:39 PM
colon_three posted...
The story is only the strongest in the first game because people give it credit for ALL the background story for the series. The actual plot of the game itself is as basic as it gets.

That's not true. The first game was about humanity finding its place in the galaxy, chasing down a rogue spectre only to find that he was being controlled by a higher power that was coming to destroy the galaxy. The second was simply "Hey, there's these collector things working for the reapers. Let's build a team and kill them!". The third game had a strong story, with the reuniting of the different species of the galaxy but while I don't necessarily hate the ending it was decidedly weak. So I'd say storywise ME1>ME3>ME2 and I'd rank them the same way overall.
#8Lil_FlatzyPosted 4/8/2012 12:54:37 PM
ME1 had the best story and best villains (Saren & Sovereign)
ME2 had the deepest content and best characters (aside from Wrex not being a playable character)
ME3 was a decent mixture of both and has MP (which I currently am addicted to, much like crack)

Overall..... I liked ME2 the best, but if the MP continues with great DLC and they produce a cool ending/epilogue, I may switch to ME3
#9DuckyhunterPosted 4/8/2012 12:56:29 PM
bessy67 posted...
colon_three posted...

The second was simply "Hey, there's these collector things working for the reapers. Let's build a team and kill them!".

And the first became simply, "Hey, there's this alien race of machine gods trying to kill us. Let's build a team and stop them!".

colon_three is right. If it weren't for the universe-building that takes place in ME1, it wouldn't be nearly as adored.
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.
#10SolidShepardPosted 4/8/2012 12:58:50 PM
Mass Effect 1 by far.
---
Becoming closer to a burst blood vessel in my brain everytime I think of the Mass Effect endings.