Opinions on Shepard Indoctrination Theory

#1The_UndestPosted 4/8/2012 1:50:40 PM
I know many are disappointed by the ending but I was looking on forums when I came across a theory that suggests that Shepard had been fighting Indoctrination during the series.

I had never heard about it before but after watching a video on youtube, it seemed pretty plausible. In fact, if true, seems down right ingenious. Basically it states that Shepard may have been trying to fight Reapers possessing his mind, the way they did Saren, throughout ME1-ME3.

Check out the video below, it's a bit lengthy at a little over 20 minutes but was done very well in my opinion. It's not my video but the creator did a great job. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck
#2F_4_FADPosted 4/8/2012 1:51:57 PM
You're really late to the show. You can get all the discussion you want and more by using the search feature. I'm not usually one to make posts like this, but there are probably 5 or 10 topics about indoctrination theory on the first page alone.
---
http://yourmomatron.com/ymb/
#3The_Undest(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:13:28 PM
Yeah I know im late but I still hadn't seen anything on the first page. Im on my phone and don't feel like waiting for my phone to load every page to see. Which is why I posted it.
#4HiraishinPosted 4/8/2012 2:19:59 PM

I'm afraid to say the IT isn't anything to grasp. The ending just really really really sucked dude

#5The_Undest(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:24:35 PM
Thanks to the first guy who posted. Never saw that search function for boards specifically. Next, Im ok with the ending just would've liked more details about the aftermath.
#6shadowofthearkPosted 4/8/2012 2:26:53 PM(edited)
The_Undest posted...
Thanks to the first guy who posted. Never saw that search function for boards specifically. Next, Im ok with the ending just would've liked more details about the aftermath.

They're making a free "Extended Cut" DLC to be released this summer that adds some epilogue cinematics and whatnot to add closure to the series.

Why the hell they didn't decide to do that in the first place baffles me.
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#7The_Undest(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:35:27 PM
Hell if I know. Idiots didn't think it through. I was ok with the ending I just don't understand how something as crucial to the series as Paragon/Renegade didn't mean a damn thing for the ending. How could a cold hearted rebel have the same exact choices and outcomes as a selfless hero? Did the geth ultimately rebel? The krogan repopulate to the point where they were back to taking over the galaxy (maybe dependent on if you killed wrex in ME1). So many choices should've been included. The way shepards story ends is one thing but let us fans see the full extent of the choices we made and the characters we saved or let die.
#8SonicMonkeysPosted 4/8/2012 2:45:43 PM
The Indoctrination Theory is total crap because it cannot be disproved by any fact. You can't disprove "it's a dream in Shepard's head" with any evidence in the universe. Just like you can't disprove that we're not all hooked up to The Matrix right now.

Also, the whole crux of the argument relies on Shepard surviving the Citadel crash being impossible, but a writer of ME3 just said in an interview that all of the important Citadel NPCs (Aria, C-Sec, etc.) survived the explosion.

So it looks like the "Shepard breathing scene" wasn't him fighting off indoctrination after all, he was just one of many who survived the Crucible blast energy.
---
Blame your fate.
#9JulesCornPosted 4/8/2012 2:51:28 PM
SonicMonkeys posted...
The Indoctrination Theory is total crap because it cannot be disproved by any fact. You can't disprove "it's a dream in Shepard's head" with any evidence in the universe. Just like you can't disprove that we're not all hooked up to The Matrix right now.

Actually you can.

For example: The destruction ending in of itself kinda disaproves the theory.

Acting like a theory can't be debated because it's a theory is idotic.
---
I'm so corny sometimes!