Why do people expect the council to help?

#1General_JumaPosted 4/8/2012 1:19:29 PM
I mean yes they should do something, but the Turians especially should not be held in contempt for not helping. Earth isn't the only homeworld under attack
---
Ron Paul is god damn Stannis Baratheon. Super shrewd and righteous.- M_F_H
#2giantblimpN7Posted 4/8/2012 1:22:06 PM
My thoughts exactly. I've thought this throughout 1 as well, they had no evidence against Saren at first, and then Shepard starts ranting about doomsday machines, lets be honest, none of us would believe him either.
---
Stupidity: Gamefaq's number one product.
http://i.imgur.com/J8ysH.jpg http://imgur.com/JFXTG
#3chill 02Posted 4/8/2012 1:22:35 PM
Because they owe you big time.
---
I should go.
#4Tbar67Posted 4/8/2012 1:23:33 PM
Yeah, Shepard just sounds like that creepy guy out on the street ranting about how the worlds coming to an end and how we are all doomed.
---
"Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday!"
#5ethanarchibPosted 4/8/2012 1:35:19 PM
giantblimpN7 posted...
My thoughts exactly. I've thought this throughout 1 as well, they had no evidence against Saren at first, and then Shepard starts ranting about doomsday machines, lets be honest, none of us would believe him either.

So in your humble opinion, if you were in charge of over-seeing the safety of an entire galactic community you would not at least investigate the claims?

I mean leave reapers out for a second, human colony gets attacked by Geth & the survivors tell you they had a Turian with them who happens to be one of your top agents

Instead of TRUTHFULLY investigating it, you know to clear it up & even shut the humans up since you believe it isn't true & just some ridiculous garbage

you put a c-sec officer on the investigation who OBVIOUSLY doesn't have the clearance to view the suspect Spectres files & you don't give him said clearance....

I mean if you REALLY were serious about finding out if the claims were true, you would have assigned a Spectre to investigate Saren

The councils "Understandable Fear" B.S kept messing up a lot of things & eventually led to Asari councilor staying out of the Summit,
which led to them not having a representative on the Normandy that could tell Shepard about the beacon on Thessia in time
which led to...well..you know...
#6General_Juma(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 6:50:20 PM
bump
---
#7Obnoxious_FrogPosted 4/8/2012 6:57:25 PM
I ended up kind of seeing the Council as more figureheads than anything anyway. They don't really do much of anything and apparently their respective race's leadership is able and willing to disobey them.
#8General_Juma(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 7:00:00 PM
Obnoxious_Frog posted...
I ended up kind of seeing the Council as more figureheads than anything anyway. They don't really do much of anything and apparently their respective race's leadership is able and willing to disobey them.

then what makes Spectres so powerful?
---
#9Obnoxious_FrogPosted 4/8/2012 7:04:15 PM
General_Juma posted...
Obnoxious_Frog posted...

then what makes Spectres so powerful?

The same thing that makes people knighted by the queen more respected and gives them a bit more pull. The leadership would back the Council on most things, including Spectre authority.
#10JulesCornPosted 4/8/2012 7:09:59 PM
You might be right until Soverign attacks the Citadel.

Once Soverign leads a Geth Fleet and nearly (or actually) kills them all, their denial over what happened just become farcical.
---
I'm so corny sometimes!