Just finish the game...and I don't know how or what to say. (SPOILERS)

#1LancenWithmartPosted 4/8/2012 1:33:21 PM
I believe everybody are tired to know what is the ending's problems, so I don't repeat here. But I simply don't understand why they decided throw away all the players do in the entire series.

Because they can?
Because they want make VERY clear what is cannon and that is not?
Because they are so full of themselves after the ME phenomenon, they decided to determine what they wanted for the series, completely ignoring that little vector that helped a bit on the success of the series-all players who bought the 3 games?

I really are too much tired right now to think about all the ramifications (play the game all the day to finish), but I just want to say I'm with you people. I understand all the rage and fury about that, not to mention other things: no best ending without muliplayer (for me the worst offender), chooses means nothing in the long run (I looking for you, rachini), war assets points that make no sense...the list goes on.

But I understand. And you are right to complain until the end.

Thanks for listening, and sorry if I bother you.
---
It was not hers to give. It was mine to take.
#2shadowofthearkPosted 4/8/2012 1:35:47 PM
A lot of people blame EA for rushing the game out the door even though it was finished by BioWare's standards. They did the same thing with Dragon Age 2. Personally, I would have gladly waited another month or two to have a better ending and a proper epilogue.
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#3LancenWithmart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 1:46:44 PM
If that's the truth, they underestimated the series fans VERY badly.
---
#4JulesCornPosted 4/8/2012 2:00:08 PM
Threw away the original ending, were making this ending on the fly, running out of time (actually had to delay voice acting recordings because they hadn't finished)

Ended up with this because they figured a speculative ending on the fly would be better than botching a comprehensive ending on the fly.
---
I'm so corny sometimes!
#5LancenWithmart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 5:06:28 PM
Ended up with this because they figured a speculative ending on the fly would be better than botching a comprehensive ending on the fly.

I agree, I would have been far more furious if they have do that.
---
#6SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 4/8/2012 5:10:38 PM
They didn't throw away any "original" ending...
The Dark Matter ending was one of six or so they came up with, but they decided on the current one before Drew Karpyshyn left BioWare...

I don't think it was an "up to BioWare's standards" on DA2 at all. The game was released 14 months after the first one, and the expansion for DA:O was released in march 2010, so basically about 9 months of proper dev time, a few months of beta, and it's gold. That was definetley an EA rush-job. It's already been over a year since DA2 and they've only just finished all post-release developement on DA2 (that's not the whole team mind you, just working on patches etc) so DA3 would likely be at least another year or so away...
---
Actually wake up every morning the JLU theme. It's the alarm clock. Those were the days...
#7Shaft228Posted 4/8/2012 5:13:21 PM(edited)
It wasn't the development time it had plenty of it. Artistic integrity is to blame, whether this game was developed for 1 year or 10 we would have gotten the same ending.
#8MurphysGhostPosted 4/8/2012 5:16:34 PM(edited)
Something I've been meaning to ask about 'choices meaning nothing':

If you and everyone you know was going to die a month from now, would being their friends until the bitter end mean nothing, since you're all going to die anyway?

Why not slit their throats and sleep with their wives? It doesn't matter, right?

Edit: Struggling with subject-verb agreement!
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#9andy12handyPosted 4/8/2012 5:14:14 PM
Here, let the dalek say it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpRBLkgcBo
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. - Obi Wan