Conditions to get the Peace between the Geth and Quarians

#11Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 3:18:45 PM
aDarkShine posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
aDarkShine posted...
re-wrote heretics on my playthrough and successfully held peace. the key here is to not let tali get exiled in me2.

She didn't get exiled, but her last name was still changed to Von Normandy.
Does that count?

My wife and I both used the Paragon Choices/Blue Choices to convince the crowd to back us and keep Tali.

doesn't matter if it's renegade/paragon as long as you do the mission and choose the coloured options in the last piece of dialog, she won't get exiled, and she changes her last name one way or the other, so you're all good.

What is the Geth Fighter Squadron mission then?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#12SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/8/2012 3:21:14 PM(edited)
The difference between Killing and Rewriting is 2 "points." You get 2 for picking Kill.

There's 7 points you can gather that contribute to making peace. You need 5 or more to succeed. There's topics on this board you can search for the specifics. Paragon/Regenade solving the Tali/Legion argument on the Normandy matters, too. (And not just lying and making up with Legion later.)

So you CAN rewrite the Geth, but you'd have to do everything else right or you'll fail peace. Also, as far as war assets goes, it doesn't matter whether you rewrite the Geth or not, because the TMS points you get for rewriting are taken from the Quarians anyway.
---
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan
#13BrokenGruntyPosted 4/8/2012 3:19:38 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Ok, I am trying to get peacebetween the Geth and Quarians.

(Spoilers for Game 2, and slightly Game 3)

According to the game guide you need certain conditions to make this happen.
#1 Tali and Legion must BOTH survive ME2 and BOTH BE LOYAL (Meaning you have to broker peace between them)
#2 You must kill the heretics on ME2, NOT Re-write them
#3 Complete "Geth Fighter Squadrons" Mission (Which game is this in and where/when?)

However people on the boards claim #2 is false... claiming they were able to broker peace between the two by Reformatting the Geth in ME2, is this true?

Also the Guide says in conditions to get the peace are
"Kill the heretics in Legion's loyalty mission"
but then said optional which helps broker piece is
"Destroy the heretic geth in Legion's loyalty mission"

So what's the difference between Kill and Destroy?

It is based on decisions and those decisions give you a certain amount of points.

#1 gives you two points; Tali is loyal gives one and Legion loyal is the other.
#2 will give you two points.
#3 will give you one point.

The other decisions you are missing are: #4 Save Admiral Koris and #5 Broker peace between Legion and Tali using either Paragon or Renegade options.

This gives you a total of 7 points of which you only need 5. So you can rewrite the AI's and still get peace between them.
#14IokuaPosted 4/8/2012 3:19:41 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
andrewken posted...
I re-wrote and got peace.

How did you pull it off?

What is the difference between Kill and Destroy?
Are there two decisions?

Whrn prompted to allow the Legion to upload or to stop him pick the persuade option.If it isn't there, you have too few points.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#15Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 3:21:49 PM
Iokua posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
andrewken posted...
I re-wrote and got peace.

How did you pull it off?

What is the difference between Kill and Destroy?
Are there two decisions?

Whrn prompted to allow the Legion to upload or to stop him pick the persuade option.If it isn't there, you have too few points.

Are you speaking of game 2 or game 3?

I always had the Blue options, it was practically maxed out by this point in both games.

Um, are you supposed to let Legion keep the reaper code? My wife and I both did that on our play through.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#16Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 3:24:15 PM
BrokenGrunty posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
Ok, I am trying to get peacebetween the Geth and Quarians.

(Spoilers for Game 2, and slightly Game 3)

According to the game guide you need certain conditions to make this happen.
#1 Tali and Legion must BOTH survive ME2 and BOTH BE LOYAL (Meaning you have to broker peace between them)
#2 You must kill the heretics on ME2, NOT Re-write them
#3 Complete "Geth Fighter Squadrons" Mission (Which game is this in and where/when?)

However people on the boards claim #2 is false... claiming they were able to broker peace between the two by Reformatting the Geth in ME2, is this true?

Also the Guide says in conditions to get the peace are
"Kill the heretics in Legion's loyalty mission"
but then said optional which helps broker piece is
"Destroy the heretic geth in Legion's loyalty mission"

So what's the difference between Kill and Destroy?

It is based on decisions and those decisions give you a certain amount of points.

#1 gives you two points; Tali is loyal gives one and Legion loyal is the other.
#2 will give you two points.
#3 will give you one point.

The other decisions you are missing are: #4 Save Admiral Koris and #5 Broker peace between Legion and Tali using either Paragon or Renegade options.

This gives you a total of 7 points of which you only need 5. So you can rewrite the AI's and still get peace between them.

We did ALL of them.
We Completed and saved admiral Korris
Saved Tali from Exile
Broker Piece (aka thats why they are BOTH loyal. Unless you broker piece one of them will not be loyal)
and both survived.
---
#17BDJaycePosted 4/8/2012 3:24:57 PM
according to the mass effect wiki:

- Shepard must have at least four bars of Reputation.
- Tali and Legion must both be present.
- The player must have imported a save from Mass Effect 2.
- You must save Admiral Koris

Additionally, there are more factors which build up Shepard's trustworthiness to both parties; if Shepard has not done enough of them, s/he will not have the groundswell of goodwill and be unable to moderate a cease-fire. They are:

- Destroying or rewriting the heretic geth in Legion: A House Divided. In shipboard conversation, you can ask Legion about the repercussions of your decision, and it will mention either that the heretics were strongly in favor of allying with the "Old Machines," or that their absence made the consensus more difficult to achieve.
- Preventing Tali's exile in Tali: Treason. If you did not import a save, Tali will have been exiled and will not have be able to support Shepard with an Admiral's authority.
- Brokering a peace in the Tali/Legion loyalty argument. It is not currently known what Shepard's "canon" decision on the loyalty argument is (if any) if you did not import a save, nor if it impacts dialogue here.
- Completing Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons. This may be a pass/fail factor, as players have reported being unable to access the compromise without it, despite having done much or all of the other activities. Legion references it during the conversation, asking the question that started the Morning War: "Does this unit have a soul?"
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#18ghosta2Posted 4/8/2012 3:25:42 PM
I think you need a certain number of peace points so you have to do most of the following

legion loyal
tali loyal
resolved fight between tali and legion w/ charm/intimidate
legion survives
tali survives
tali not exiled
saved admiral what's his name
disabled geth fighter squadron
i think some of your responses to the admirals in ME2 and 3 can help broker peace.

I think legion's loyalty mission only changes the strength of the quarian or geth fleet by 150 points. Rewritting gives geth an extra 150 and reduces the quarians 150 points but destroying the heretics weakens the geth 150 but strengthens the quarians 150.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#19Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 3:27:27 PM
BDJayce posted...

Additionally, there are more factors which build up Shepard's trustworthiness to both parties; if Shepard has not done enough of them, s/he will not have the groundswell of goodwill and be unable to moderate a cease-fire. They are:

- Destroying or rewriting the heretic geth in Legion: A House Divided. In shipboard conversation, you can ask Legion about the repercussions of your decision, and it will mention either that the heretics were strongly in favor of allying with the "Old Machines," or that their absence made the consensus more difficult to achieve.
- Preventing Tali's exile in Tali: Treason. If you did not import a save, Tali will have been exiled and will not have be able to support Shepard with an Admiral's authority.
- Brokering a peace in the Tali/Legion loyalty argument. It is not currently known what Shepard's "canon" decision on the loyalty argument is (if any) if you did not import a save, nor if it impacts dialogue here.
- Completing Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons. This may be a pass/fail factor, as players have reported being unable to access the compromise without it, despite having done much or all of the other activities. Legion references it during the conversation, asking the question that started the Morning War: "Does this unit have a soul?"

Does lettting Legion keep the reaper code change or do anything?
All of the above has been completed...

Wait when you say "Tali must be present" must she be in your party.... or just be alive and loyal?
---
#20BDJaycePosted 4/8/2012 3:28:37 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
BDJayce posted...

Does lettting Legion keep the reaper code change or do anything?
All of the above has been completed...

Wait when you say "Tali must be present" must she be in your party.... or just be alive and loyal?

You have to let him continue the reaper code thing, you try to stop him and you're forced to kill him...

I believe it's just alive and loyal but I was under the impression that she was 'forced' to come along with you for that mission..
---
GT: JamesBolton0723