"We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite." *Spoilers*

#1Philosopher1701Posted 4/12/2012 9:41:34 PM
"We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite."

"We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, you are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We are the end of everything."

"We are each a nation. Independent, free of all weakness."

For a Reaper created to preserve organic life, these quotes make no sense. Sovereign is so smug towards organics, the very beings its supposed to ultimately help. The Reapers are apparently not completely independent. And they are most certainly not eternal.

So annoying.
---
"The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
~ Carl Sagan
#2shadowofthearkPosted 4/12/2012 9:42:14 PM
inb4 Artistic Integrity
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#3BigkablammPosted 4/12/2012 9:42:55 PM
Bioware obviously had a different view of the Reapers before the last five minutes of the game.
---
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1105/charactergif.gif http://i39.tinypic.com/rsrfra.jpg
GT: Unr3al Joe Add me people, I need good friends :(
#4Jashin_SamaPosted 4/12/2012 9:43:06 PM
Oh no someone is egotistical and couldn't back it up.

Currently waiting for it to be called a plot hole.
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#5ClemsonFAN89Posted 4/12/2012 9:43:22 PM
Yup.

Just pretend Ventboy AI isn't real
---
Rudimentary creatures of bone and flesh. You touch my balls fumbling in ignorance--incapable of understanding
#6ClemsonFAN89Posted 4/12/2012 9:44:05 PM
Jashin_Sama posted...

Saying the Reapers are "independent" only to have a magic AI tell us he controls them is a plot hole.
---
Rudimentary creatures of bone and flesh. You touch my balls fumbling in ignorance--incapable of understanding
#7snakes_righteyePosted 4/12/2012 9:44:16 PM
The Reapers started out as the best villains ever. Where did they go?! They were destroying the galaxy and somehow got WAY less cool.
---
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!
#8Philosopher1701(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 9:44:25 PM
Jashin_Sama posted...

Please, by all means, reconcile the quotes with ME3's revelations. I don't want there to be any inconsistencies.
---
"The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
~ Carl Sagan
#9SepewrathPosted 4/12/2012 9:45:19 PM
They don't seem to age, before them, you were nothing, the only thing you can challenge there is them getting caught with the ID4 weakness. The preserve organic life by killing everyone, despite anything you might say or do. How do those quotes not make sense?
#10ROMKratosPosted 4/12/2012 9:45:28 PM
snakes_righteye posted...
The Reapers started out as the best villains ever. Where did they go?! .

They came.
---
All personnel should reach minimum safe distance immediately...