How do I get Marksman from Ashley? SPOILERS

#1Jedi_MercenaryPosted 4/18/2012 3:21:38 AM
I created a character with the specific mission to kill Ashley and notice that she has the third most interesting skill in the entire game. First time I can't get her alive. I create another character named "I hate Ash Shepard" in ME2 (a game I don't like) to get Thane alive. I visited her 2 times in the hospital. My main main character is a soldier and I don't want to continue with her until I've gotten this skill but "I hate Ash" has already gone to Horizon and I still haven't gotten the skill (he is further than my protagonist) . My "I hate Ash" had a romance with Tali until she jumped off a cliff if that has an impact on anything. I seriously hope I don't have to romance her since I hate her guts and with this character it feels extra wrong.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#2BananasInDonutsPosted 4/18/2012 5:22:37 AM
There's a point after the Citadel coup where Ash will ask you to meet her by that memorial wall in the docks. You get it after having the conversation with her there, assuming you've not been an ass to her throughout the game.
#3OblivionManiacPosted 4/18/2012 5:24:47 AM
F*** her
---
Pike
Pokemon White FC :2494 3864 3110
#4vespa5Posted 4/18/2012 5:25:23 AM

^^Yep, make sure all your convo choices were either Paragon or the upper right-hand dialog choice whenever you speak to Ashley. Apparently, she's a moody one so if you accidentally pick a lower right-hand dialog choice, your option to see Ash's sister at the memorial to unlock the bonus power will not get triggered

#5nananabatmanPosted 4/18/2012 5:31:04 AM
Piss on her Sister Memorial.
---
"Nope. Kaidan puts the "bi" in biotic."- Bronze_Stuff
#6Jedi_Mercenary(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 5:58:02 AM
I thought I always chose the paragon options, but seemingly not (not that I am surprised if I didn't. Usually I'll take every opportunity to be rude to her that I can get). Still, thanks for the answers. Guess I still have to make a third character before I can play through this game (6 characters before I'm through a linear RPG. That is quite a lot even for me). Just got to love the one who designed this, considering how bad ME teammates usually are with guns.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#7daddydivinePosted 4/18/2012 6:05:34 AM
vespa5 posted...
^^Yep, make sure all your convo choices were either Paragon or the upper right-hand dialog choice whenever you speak to Ashley. Apparently, she's a moody one so if you accidentally pick a lower right-hand dialog choice, your option to see Ash's sister at the memorial to unlock the bonus power will not get triggered

I literally chose every renegade option for her. I did have to choose that one paragon option to get her on the Normandy and still triggered the the memorial.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#820ME2cmpnvetPosted 4/18/2012 6:24:15 AM
Steal it from her underwear drawer.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
My Other Home: http://www.masseffectforums.com/
#9JosieJPosted 4/18/2012 7:23:47 AM
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
I created a character with the specific mission to kill Ashley and notice that she has the third most interesting skill in the entire game. First time I can't get her alive. I create another character named "I hate Ash Shepard" in ME2 (a game I don't like) to get Thane alive. I visited her 2 times in the hospital. My main main character is a soldier and I don't want to continue with her until I've gotten this skill but "I hate Ash" has already gone to Horizon and I still haven't gotten the skill (he is further than my protagonist) . My "I hate Ash" had a romance with Tali until she jumped off a cliff if that has an impact on anything. I seriously hope I don't have to romance her since I hate her guts and with this character it feels extra wrong.

You can visit her 3 times: once while she's still unconscious, once when she's still confined to bed, and once when she's up and around. It also helps to buy her a book of poetry (Tennyson, her favorite). I don't think you actually have to romance her, but it really helps.

However, if the character you're trying to get the bonus power with is already past Horizon, you're way past the point where you should have gotten it, and it's probably not gonna drop for you in this playthrough.