Is the Quarian turret any good?

#1loreluxPosted 4/22/2012 7:26:29 PM
Is the Geth turret and Human drone > Quarian turret?
#2tankinatorPosted 4/22/2012 7:27:51 PM
I love the Quarian turret personally. I played a game the other day where after 6 rounds my turret had more kills than a member of my team...
---
I will smack your face off of your face.
#3lorelux(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 7:29:22 PM
tankinator posted...
I love the Quarian turret personally. I played a game the other day where after 6 rounds my turret had more kills than a member of my team...

Can I ask - how do you have it spec'd?
#4Apl_JPosted 4/22/2012 7:32:28 PM
Sentry is all about placement.

For flamethrower, place it around a corner where enemies are coming, that way when they come around said corner, they're in range of maximum damage.

As for the missile launcher, you can place it in a more defensible spot. I personally place it in the back of wherever we're camping, or on a building or high ledge. That way it will be able to hit enemies over cover and it'll have a better field of vision.

With the buff, the turret will be able to take more hits and will be targeted less. That'll keep it up and running much longer.
#5code_kirinPosted 4/22/2012 7:33:26 PM
Geth Turret > Quarian Turret > Combat Drone

Geth turret can do everything the quarian one can do as well as support. Bioware doesn't know balance at all, apparently.

Sentry Turret is still good though. Spec for shields, whatever, and Flamethrower respectively. It provides a nice distraction and does decent damage. Play around with the throwing so you can have it land wherever you need it to.
#6TaafeMJPosted 4/22/2012 7:33:29 PM
It can be good. Specced for flamethrower, it gives Reapers and Cerberus a hard time. Banshees HATE that thing.

On higher difficulties, though, it dies pretty quickly. It's best used as a distraction or as something to help out with objectives than as a main source of damage.

When specced for rockets, you can hide it on top of a beam in the middle of Firebase Giant. Enemies won't be able to get to it, and it rains destruction down on most of the map. Just a little trick.
#7tankinatorPosted 4/22/2012 7:34:58 PM
I believe I have all of the top choices, I just went for straight damage, didn't add the shock attack, gave it armor piercing and rockets as well.
---
I will smack your face off of your face.
#8Apl_JPosted 4/22/2012 7:37:08 PM
Also forgot to mention:

Sentry turret sucks against Geth.

Rocket Troopers always seem to miss them, but Pyros and Hunters laugh at puny Turrets. The Turret's cryo rounds also have less of an effect, as most of the Geth enemies have shields.
#9donkeyofdestinyPosted 4/22/2012 7:37:58 PM
I don't use the quarian turret often, Mine is specced with shields/damage, ap rounds, flamethrower.

I'm unsure if the ammo upgrades apply to the rockets or flamethrower, if they do I'm going to respec for cryo rounds and rockets.
---
Hey laser lips! Your momma was a snow blower!
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#10code_kirinPosted 4/22/2012 7:50:34 PM
donkeyofdestiny posted...
I don't use the quarian turret often, Mine is specced with shields/damage, ap rounds, flamethrower.

I'm unsure if the ammo upgrades apply to the rockets or flamethrower, if they do I'm going to respec for cryo rounds and rockets.

Cryo doesn't at least. I'm pretty sure AP has no effect either. Cryo rarely freezes anything anyway, so it's pretty pointless.

As a QE, always, always have your turret out and doing something. It has really low cooldown time for a reason. Flamethrower can keep trash mobs occupied while you cryo incinerate them. It keeps Brutes and Banshees at bay, and it can keep you from getting ambushed for a few seconds if you keep it behind you. It's an all-around handy skill to have.