So since Bioware has NOT denied IT, why not follow through with it?

#1xxENIGMAPosted 4/30/2012 2:31:37 PM
If they took this route, this could very well be the biggest spectacle in video entertainment of all time. Think about it.
#2PhantasmplusPosted 4/30/2012 2:33:11 PM
I don't know... I still support it all the way but I'll just have this unshakable feeling of "They saw the community come up with it and ran with it as their own idea." thing and we couldn't prove them wrong because they'll be like "We planned this the whole time.".
---
I'll just have to get a full apology from you later.
RARITYCATCHME.
#3xxENIGMA(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 2:38:13 PM
It would still look like a good fanbase-developer relationship, creating the positive spectacle for Bioware either way.
#4kael_durandelPosted 4/30/2012 2:40:38 PM
Yea there's no way to pull this off for bioware.

Think about it. What person would actually be in a meeting and go "hey guys I got an interesting idea. Let's have Shepard be indoctrinated! It'll be a great mental struggle kind of battle, nice way to end the series. But since we don't have the time to do it let's just get the indoctrination part out and then later we'll release the dlc when we reveal he was indoctrinated."

Personally I love the IT, if they had gone with that from the beginning it would have been masterful. But now if they do it would mean either a. They took a great idea from the fans, or b. they intentionally screwed the fans over for a few months until they released the extended cut. No way to win for bioware (though I still think its all EA's fault personally)
---
"And war, well war never changes." Fallout 3
Xbox - Kael n minions
#5BigRaff87Posted 4/30/2012 2:43:36 PM
The game is just so peppered with the IT it is plausible. If it holds true, it means Bioware sold us an open ended game. If not, then the endings are just plain bad. It would only be sensible that Bioware would expand on the IT, finish the battle, and leave a nice little courtesy note to it's fans like Bungie did with Halo 3. If not, then I am skeptical about Bioware's future success.
#6xxENIGMA(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 2:59:19 PM
I still think it's possible that it could happen. It would be awesome.
#7NeoAndurilPosted 4/30/2012 3:00:44 PM
Because to bioware, Bull s*** artistic integrity > people who buy their games.

In short, they don't give a s*** what fans want or think.
#8FurioPosted 4/30/2012 3:00:46 PM
It actually makes a lot less sense than the actual endings, but it is good for keeping people's interest in the game for them to let us hold onto it.
#9SomnambulisticPosted 4/30/2012 3:01:31 PM
Because then it's just them catering to the very loudly outspoken group of "fans."
---
Welcome to the party, pal.
#10andy12handyPosted 4/30/2012 3:02:33 PM
Hell, why not just end it like this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BENc47npPI&t=2m18s
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. - Obi Wan