How is the KroGuard's Rage bugged?

#1shadowofthearkPosted 5/3/2012 1:24:38 PM
I heard that it was bugged, but how exactly is it bugged?
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#2Shigmiya64Posted 5/3/2012 1:26:34 PM
It doesn't do anything. Well, it gives you the full-screen graphical effect when it triggers, but that's all.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#3shadowoftheark(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 1:29:02 PM
Ah, so I should just ignore the Rage Damage Reduction and Rage Melee Damage Bonus, then? Not that big of a deal, I usually charge things and back up a bit to blast them with my shotgun. I only melee to stun Geth Pyros so they don't tear through my shields before my cooldown on Charge finishes.
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#4Hui_TianPosted 5/3/2012 1:31:33 PM
its the RAGE effect thats bugged. When the Color Changes from consecutive melee kills, you don't get the damage bump or damage reduction bump.

If you put points into the Korgan Rage tree, where you get the extra melee increase, you still get the passive +30% melee damage for when not raged, but the extra damage you get ontop of that for being raged doesn't count.

As a Kroguard, even without the rage effect, the melee bump is still worthwhile and useful, even if you don't get the added benefits of RAGE, you're melee still gets bumped enough to 1-shot or almost 1-shot everything on Silver (short of the big guys), but if your run on gold you're better off just putting points in Krogan Rage for its Health/shields.
#5Carribean_CoolPosted 5/7/2012 7:51:05 PM
so they're not going to fix this? Maybe they should stop nerfing things and actually fix things that actually need fixing.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#6xKryptonKnightxPosted 5/7/2012 7:53:44 PM
Maybe the kroguard would be too powerful with rage and charge? Otherwise I'm also surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#7GodlessVirusPosted 5/7/2012 7:55:11 PM

if your run on gold you're better off just putting points in Krogan Rage for its Health/shields.

nope, melee all the way
---
|| http://www.last.fm/user/VirusOfLife92/ ||
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1VFTJfsap4
#8sirfailalotPosted 5/7/2012 7:56:34 PM
lol. EA fix something? Not a chance in hell. The vanguard bug has been around since the demo days apparently. They fixed part of it. The part where when it happened your teammates shields began to regen like crazy. They left the whole 'it removes the vanguard from the game' issue.
#9BriSawPosted 5/7/2012 8:21:53 PM
sirfailalot posted...
lol. EA fix something? Not a chance in hell. The vanguard bug has been around since the demo days apparently. They fixed part of it. The part where when it happened your teammates shields began to regen like crazy. They left the whole 'it removes the vanguard from the game' issue.

You know, I've been screwing around using my Manguard for most of the day, and I still haven't run into this. What the hell triggers it?
---
Gamertag: BeastOfTheDark
Xbox360 100%: 11 games. PS3 100%: 1 game. Other 100%: 9 games. Most Recent 100%: Mass Effect (360)
#10Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 5/7/2012 8:27:46 PM
I really hope they do eventually fix it, because either the offensive buff or the defensive buff finally working will change quite a bit. It's already a formidable class and it's not even working at its full potential yet.

I'm not sure but I noticed that the Drell Adepts' Reave sound effect may have been finally fixed, so if that's true then hopefully fixing Rage will follow. I think it's pretty ridiculous they haven't fixed something so major yet.