(SPOILERS) I loved the ending. I don't get why people hate it/are confused.

#1Assassin_X_GethPosted 5/9/2012 5:55:47 AM
So....after 252 hours I beat the SP. This whole time I kept thinking from what others say, that the ending would be horrible, worst ending EVER. Mind you I hadn't spoiled myself with what actually happened in the end.

So I got to it, made my choice and am happy. I chose the "Blue" ending where you control the reapers. I figured it was the best because none of your friends die and synthetics like the Geth and EDI live. Although obviously the relays are destroyed, its not like another species won't find a way to travel or make them again.

The Red ending where you destroy the Reapers is pointless since most everyone knows robobts can just be built again, as stated.

And the middle option was just bad all around. Destroying everything so that DNA gets combined. Why would I want to kill everyone I know for an uncertain future where I don't even exist.

What was so horrible about the ending again? I heard some mention the Citdel blows up and that why its horrible. Really? Its not the end of the world if some space station blows up. All the races will just find another way to meet together as a council.

Some talked about indoctrination. I don't get what that has to do with the endings. I never got the impression Shepherd was indoctrinated. Instead I got the impression that she was someone special that the Catylyst had chosen to figure out a new way to change the cycles. Its not like you were forced to choose a ending. Its like Deus Exs (the new one) endings. You choose what happens. Theres no right or wrong. Everyone make the ending their own. If you want them to release a expanding ending then your not realizing the point of you MAKING your own ending and sense out of it.

If you really think about, it wouldn't matter what options you choose because if the idea is to stop war....well that is impossible. War even with just a single species will happen. Theres nothing you can do to stop war. Although I think the Blue ending kinda lets you use the reapers to make sure there are no wars, in my case I would not destroy anyone who went to war, isntead I'd threaten them that if they start a war I will destroy them until they decide to stop or until there are none of the fueding factions left.

If I had one thing I didn't like it would simply be that Shepherd had to die. It would be great to explore everything afterwards if you were alive. But since ME1 I kinda guessed ultimatly you would choose the fate of everyone and die. Not that suprising.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#2VelranPosted 5/9/2012 5:57:32 AM
This didn't need another topic, there are still multiple ending topics on the front page.
#3Cthe34TruthPosted 5/9/2012 5:58:36 AM
0/10

Unoriginal, unfunny, done before, dead horse, etc. etc.
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#4ShadowGomamonPosted 5/9/2012 6:00:59 AM

0/10

Unoriginal, unfunny, done before, dead horse, etc. etc.

---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Nekovivie/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Alahsiedra/advanced
#5Assassin_X_Geth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 6:03:21 AM
Well some of actually didn't rush through the game to get to the ending so we could whine about it early on the forum. That and I could care about 20,000 other topics about it. If you don't want to read my topic then don't click it. DUH.
---
#6ShadowGomamonPosted 5/9/2012 6:07:36 AM
Your sig is appropriate.
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Nekovivie/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Alahsiedra/advanced
#7warlock55000Posted 5/9/2012 6:32:20 AM
Sorry but it has to be said----There is very little explanation as to what the three choices actually DO because they are almost exactly the same anyway... And there are so many plot holes that NONE of the endings hold up to even the SLIGHTEST amount of scrutiny or analyses...
#8tizzywilkillyouPosted 5/9/2012 6:45:28 AM
252 hours? o_O

Nobody is "not allowed" to like the endings. They're just poorly done. Doesn't mean some people can't enjoy them. Yes, that's my opinion, but show me any other media in which coming up with an ass pull deus/diabolus ex machina in the last 10 minutes of a 100 hour story arc is/was a good idea?
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#9Talon326Posted 5/9/2012 6:49:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

There you go
---
yourwisesage- "What if the Bills win the AFC East...and make it to the superbowl and win? I would slap a ferrett and change my name to Petunia."
#10Assassin_X_Geth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 7:38:42 AM
Yeah I seen that video. There are still plent of loopholes that the Indoctination Theory to is flawed.

You can use this theory on any form of entertainment we watch/play. Heck I've seen it done. There was a movie not to long ago where at the end a chaerecter gets blow up and you see whats left of him. Some guy walks up to him and whlie hes talking you notice the dead guy has his eyes closed. But in the next shot the dead guys eyes are open. People were like "He must have been alive!"

OR...its a story filmed by a human who cannot possily make every scene perfect and the "Dead" guy actor simply forgot his eyes should been closed (or they shot it out of order..etc). People look for theories where there are none. If I were to question every flaw I seen in a video game or movie then I'd say 99.9% of them could be thoerized as to why <insert thing> is out of place/wrong.

Example. My fem shep slept with the comms officer. During the after scene, when the comm officier goes to grab my waist her hand goes through my side. Is it some conspiracy theory??? Or could it be just an error since I am playing a game.

Best yet, name how many times during the game that you had a weapon like a sniper rifle, but diring some cutscenes it shows you and your team with the basic assault rifle! Is it to a conspiracy? Maybe shepherd isn't even real to begin with! Maybe when the first game started it was really just some Asari who made upa story on some virtual console and had you think what was going on was real. ::gasps::

Or best yet. Maybe Bioware purposley left the ending like that to indoctinrate us to fight about it! But more then likley they just simply rushed the ending and left major flaws that confuse people, but overall meant for people to have their own view on it. But of course since its a game with mutiple endings really, people are going to argue about whats right instead of just trying to understand the point was for us each to think about the ending as we want. Let us fill in the blanks. Let us write it how we see fit since after all the game is about choices.
---