Stasis Vulnerability.

#1TheLast0neAlivePosted 5/11/2012 11:42:09 AM
I pretty much only ever bother to use Stasis on Phantoms. For how rare that occurrence already is, I find the need for Bubble even rarer.

I don't think I've really ever seen other people post on here about using Vulnerability over Bubble. And when I've discussed it in-game with other people, they always say things along the lines of "Stasis is worthless without Bubble!." I mean, it's an instant cast ability, there's no travel time for it so it's rather hard to miss with it. The most use I've ever gotten out of it is hitting enemies behind cover with it, which has its uses but certainly isn't the only thing making it useful.

Has anyone even tried out Vulnerability over Bubble or does everyone just blindly follow the popular builds they see without testing it out for themselves? I personally love Vulnerability and can't go back to Bubble after swapping back and forth a few times.
---
He also intimidates his own tail into letting him fly. Physics, Logic, and Common Sense don't have the balls to say anything about this either. -shroom_ninja_X
#2dbwangerPosted 5/11/2012 11:43:36 AM
the point of the bubble is not to guarantee a hit. It's to trap multiple targets in the same bubble.
---
PSN: MR_McDull
#3TheLast0neAlive(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 11:45:55 AM
dbwanger posted...
the point of the bubble is not to guarantee a hit. It's to trap multiple targets in the same bubble.

I do realize that. But if enemies are in groups, most of the time just doing a Warp>Throw combo is gonna take out the group faster and provide more control than Bubble would. And there's the fact that most everyone I've talked to also only really ever uses it on Phantoms as well, so Bubble doesn't really add anything to just holding a Phantom in place.
---
He also intimidates his own tail into letting him fly. Physics, Logic, and Common Sense don't have the balls to say anything about this either. -shroom_ninja_X
#4MIG297Posted 5/11/2012 11:48:07 AM
And there's the fact that most everyone I've talked to also only really ever uses it on Phantoms as well, so Bubble doesn't really add anything to just holding a Phantom in place.

Until you move on to silver and gold and have multiple phantoms running at you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#5LordNobunagaPosted 5/11/2012 11:48:23 AM
It allows you to trap a couple of Guardians and drops their shields coming through the bubble. Warp+Throw doesn't work on Guardians if their shields are there
---
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#6RedThanePosted 5/11/2012 11:49:29 AM
There's literally no point to vunerability, you should easily be able to kill every enemy affected with Stasis before it breaks, without the upgrades.

Unless there's pos Engineers running around.
---
Opinions are just something made up by school counselors to console kids who prefer the wrong ice cream flavour.
#7dbwangerPosted 5/11/2012 11:57:34 AM
trapping 3 phantoms in one bubble is invaluable

they can dodge the warp

waiting for the warp to hit then the cooldown to throw, those 3 phantoms will kill you
---
PSN: MR_McDull
#8TheLast0neAlive(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 12:00:36 PM
I don't think I've ever seen three Phantoms get close enough to all be trapped in the same Bubble.
---
#9LordSciencePosted 5/11/2012 12:00:52 PM
A bubble can also stasis enemies who try to hide behind cover, or do their little no-sell dodge to nullify your warp/throw.
#10MIG297Posted 5/11/2012 12:02:22 PM
I don't think I've ever seen three Phantoms get close enough to all be trapped in the same Bubble.

Then you've never played cerberus on gold. Happens all the time in the later rounds.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif