Are Melee builds worth it?

#11Mr_PipboyPosted 5/22/2012 7:46:43 AM
Hiyk posted...
I've seen a video for a Geth Infiltrator melee build. He's very weak but the melee damage is amazing. And yes it was done on a Gold match.

I've played with a few melee GIs on gold and they more than hold their own.
---
My signature is a bold statement.
www.Omega-level.net
#12code_kirinPosted 5/22/2012 7:51:24 AM
Melee GI is just ridiculous. I'm convinced using GI at all is just cheating at this point. Nice class balance, bioware.
#13BananasInDonutsPosted 5/22/2012 7:58:59 AM
I wish I had the patience to play melee GI properly. Still, GPS build still destroys stuff and Charge's instant shield recharge means I can use Kroguard to get melee kicks. If only Rage wasn't bugged...
#14zenandi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 7:59:53 AM
BananasInDonuts posted...
I wish I had the patience to play melee GI properly. Still, GPS build still destroys stuff and Charge's instant shield recharge means I can use Kroguard to get melee kicks. If only Rage wasn't bugged...

What? Rage is bugged?

Explain please.
#15BananasInDonutsPosted 5/22/2012 8:01:52 AM
zenandi posted...

What? Rage is bugged?

Explain please.

The Krogan Vanguard doesn't get any of the melee damage boost/increased protection when in Rage mode. It works fine on the other Krogans though.
#16CharmilePosted 5/22/2012 8:01:54 AM
zenandi posted...

What? Rage is bugged?

Explain please.

Animation and effects still work, but you get no bonuses from Fitness from being in Rage mode
---
Did Thane just grab a ski mask and hope he had enough oxygen for the mission?-FoxyChickGurl
#17NS_RegentParkPosted 5/22/2012 8:04:09 AM
BurningRubedo posted...
NS_RegentPark posted...
On Bronze yeah

Aim higher. But Bronze, who the hell do you think you are!?

*shrugs* Solo Bronze then?
---
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#18zenandi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 8:14:27 AM
Wow, sucks much?
#19Gigant0pithecusPosted 5/22/2012 8:22:10 AM
Never seen it done well on Gold on consoles, but on silver and lolbronze, yeah melee works just fine.

When I, ever, play my Kroguard, I kill almost everything with biocharge and melee, with the occasional GPS blast to the face in between cooldowns.

No matter how I spec my Batarian Soldier, he gets his shields dropped way too fast, even on silver, to effectively play in close-quarter combat. Even using the exploding blades, enemies just recover too quick and mow you down forcing you to flee after one melee kill. It's just not very efficient and you're better off using powers and weapons.

Unless, of course, you have a pre-set team and are going for support. Whereas I only play with randoms.
---
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus
#20MedicFromHellPosted 5/22/2012 9:10:46 AM
The GI Melee build is the second best build in the game for raw scoring power. I've never been outscored on any map with any enemy on Gold except for by a player using the GPS build and that's only been three people. Even the AA's and SI's out there are usually at least 40k behind or more in the end.

Arcade Fire87
lll Jank lll
TheLastOneAlive

I hope that answers your question.

6/6/6/0/6 build with a Claymore.
---
GT: Razerath