The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Questions on upgrading Geth Engineer and Human Sentinel

#1highflyin10Posted 5/22/2012 11:08:58 PM
How do you guys run your geth engineer? What do you think are the best ways to spec a geth engineer for running levels in gold.

Also for the the Human Sentinel specced for running gold should I take lasting damage or the other for the fourth warp upgrade?

Thanks!
---
Xbox Gamer Tag-Rugal
#2charon78auPosted 5/22/2012 11:14:14 PM
Warp - isn't the other rank 4 expose? I'd take expose.

I decided to skip hunter mode on the geth, and spec for maximum healing on the turret.
---
Oh you managed to work "bro" into Paarthurnax? You must be quite the wordsmith.
GT: Charon78
#3herduliekmudkipPosted 5/22/2012 11:54:22 PM
max healing on the turret

flamethrower turrets are a detriment to the team
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
#4kungfuj0Posted 5/23/2012 2:27:59 AM
I also skipped hunter mode on my geth, both of them. The good doesn't outweigh the bad with hunter mode to me. I like the damage and speed increase and whatnot, but for one thing, all that crap on the screen in hunter mode is distracting to me. I can't stand it. And for another thing, I don't like that it takes up half your shieds. But anyway, skip hunter mode and max out everything else to your liking. Thats what I did.

As for the human sentinel, I broke out a re-spec card to get rid of the tech armor, and then I maxed out everything else. I built him for max warp/throw explosions, and I also had warp set up for making targets more vulnerable as opposed to lasting damage. I warp, then shoot until the cooldown ends, then throw. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Also, take a weapon that keeps your cooldowns low so you can keep those warp/throw combos going as quickly as possible.

One other thing...depending on what weapon you use, with the sentinel build, you mgith also consider taking a shotgun if you have one that doesn't mess with your cooldowns too much. I say this just in case you play against Cerberus and run into phantoms. Phantoms are this build's only real weakness, as warp doesn't seem to affect them at all. That is what the shotgun is for. Phantoms don't like shotguns!
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#5JebellPosted 5/23/2012 2:30:31 AM
i ignore hunter mode and spec the turret for max dmg with flame thrower, works amazing on primes and atlas'
---
"What can change the nature of a man?" TNO
#6ssj3bladePosted 5/23/2012 2:33:00 AM(edited)
Geth Engineer - Turret specced for healing, Overload specced for chain.

Human Sentinel - 6/6/6/5/3 build.

Tech Armour - Damage Reduction, Power Damage, Power Recharge
Warp - Detonate, Expose, Pierce.
Throw - Radius, Detonate, Force & Damage.
Alliance Training - Damage & Capacity, Power Damage.

This is my build, totally wrecks on Gold.

(Side note - Expose and Pierce "stack" with each other, Warp itself, and the Biotic Explosion to cause extra damage from a Biotic Explosion. Which is what you should be using the HS for. )

Run with a Phalanx unless you have another Heavy Pistol to keep you at 200% cooldown.

---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#7jpv2000Posted 5/23/2012 6:12:20 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
As for the human sentinel, I broke out a re-spec card to get rid of the tech armor, and then I maxed out everything else. I built him for max warp/throw explosions, and I also had warp set up for making targets more vulnerable as opposed to lasting damage. I warp, then shoot until the cooldown ends, then throw. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Also, take a weapon that keeps your cooldowns low so you can keep those warp/throw combos going as quickly as possible.

This is exactly what I did with my Human Sentinel. Armed him with my Carnifex IX.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#8incubuxPosted 5/23/2012 7:25:54 AM
geth engi is a great support class, plus if you focus your fitness to melee, with the help of you turret restoring you shield, will help you to keep your melee for longer
---
Incubux
#9p0iz3n0usPosted 5/23/2012 8:12:34 AM
Flamethrower turret is far more useful than defensive turret. If your team is good and doesn't run around like dumb assess. Throw the turret into a bunch of enemies and chain overload away. You only need to have 100% cooldown to keep using overload back to back. Spec hunter mode up to the fifth option and go for power recharge, then power damage. Take power damage options for networked ai. Always have Hunter mode on. Turret does over 150 damage per second like this and will still restore shields if an ally is close enough at the same time.

I can beat salarian infiltrators with a sniper equipped with this setup.....on Gold
#10meltor13Posted 5/23/2012 8:13:32 AM
People ignore hunter mode on Geth?

but.....

why?
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13