Say what you will about Bioware

#1PenguinsROOLPosted 5/24/2012 12:04:23 PM
I think it's awesome that they're providing all this free DLC. Even it is just for good PR, they're still doing it. After reading through that topic for the new MP DLC, seeing everyone so excited for it and what not, it makes me happy to see this type of community for a game. It may not be perfect but I think the Bioware we've all come to love is still their and they still genuinely want to make a good game to make their fans happy. We'll never really know what they were thinking with the ending, but I personally do not believe it was out of pure laziness or flat out not giving a damn.

/blogfaqs
#2MIG297Posted 5/24/2012 12:06:30 PM
It's clearly just a big con somehow. Everyone knows that EA control everything that they do, they rushed bioware and forced them to make a crappy ending so obviously they're up to something with all this free stuff they're getting bioware to make.

Right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#3PenguinsROOL(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 12:09:51 PM
I don't know, I find it very difficult to believe that Bioware is doing this because EA (a company with a reputation for greed) is forcing them to make free DLC. While I have no doubts that BW is heavily influenced by EA, BW is still in there somewhere still wanting to make good games.
#4CharmilePosted 5/24/2012 12:11:17 PM
Free DLC is a result of buyable MP packs
---
Did Thane just grab a ski mask and hope he had enough oxygen for the mission?-FoxyChickGurl
#5Last VampirePosted 5/24/2012 12:11:23 PM
It's only because they're trying to butter us up after the ending fiasco. I still hate them because I know it's just a PR move. Look how jaded I am. Aren't I cool?
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#6master_gamr1231Posted 5/24/2012 12:11:25 PM
Well, as far as the free DLC goes, if there weren't people actually buying the packs for MSP, I don't think there would be any free DLC. Not that I'm complaining, though. Just speculating.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#7LTJpunkPosted 5/24/2012 12:12:50 PM
what you will about Bioware.

There. I followed instructions. What do I get?
---
"If you can't get behind this, you will be left behind." - CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler is currently the best wrestler in the world.
#8h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 5/24/2012 12:13:15 PM
Funny enough is that they probably make more money from people buying the packs with points than they would if they charged for the DLC. Hence why it's free, to promote everyone to download it.

And I say good on them! I will still be just playing the game and earning credits naturally, but tons of people will keep paying and keeping the MP DLC free. Everyone wins :)
---
"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my balls, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding." -ChriSquared222
#9deathscythe257Posted 5/24/2012 12:13:55 PM
PenguinsROOL posted...
I don't know, I find it very difficult to believe that Bioware is doing this because EA (a company with a reputation for greed) is forcing them to make free DLC. While I have no doubts that BW is heavily influenced by EA, BW is still in there somewhere still wanting to make good games.

This is fairly true, EA owned BW since ME2, and so far, I do not see ME2 being bad in any way, shape or form... Fact is, they are giving away FREE MP DLC to keep people playing, I know the SP DLC is going to cost $$, but, cmon...

EA deserves some hate for forcing devs to make games according to THEIR standards, but not that much really.
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#10PenguinsROOL(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 12:14:21 PM
While this is definitely true, the fact still remains that a very large majority of their players are getting this for free who have never spent a penny on MP packs (myself included). In my opinion, this is huge. I honestly don't even think they're "buttering us up". I think it's entirely possible that after seeing their fans so upset over their work, they want to make it up to us. Artists do tend to care a lot about their fans even if they like making money too, I don't think Bioware has to be an exception to this.