Not enjoying Mass Effect 3

#1FlameVegaXVPosted 5/26/2012 5:27:54 PM
Let me begin by saying that I am a HUGE mass effect fan, I loved the first two but 3 is just....off.

First off ea is really pissing me off with their lack of instruction manuals. It would have came in handy with scanning planets in this game but that is a minor pet peeve.

the the face import (as well as the character faces) in this game are terrible. Even with the modifications my cool collected african shepard looks like a cold sleep deprived crack head
, captain anderson looks like a sun burnt bill cosby and the rest of the crew (besides a few) look off. Maybe its the graphic engine idk.

The gameplay to me feels so clunky compared to me2 in my opinion.Being so used to how seamless it is to move from cover to cover and manuever in gears of war. It is infuriating when I get killed constantly (note: playing on high difficulty) because shepard is
constanly stuck on walls.and overall the gameplay feels outdated imo.

Feeling this way only 3 hours, the only thing motivating me now to keep going is the ending.But I cant even look foward to that because of critics saying how bad it was.So my question is when does this game really get moving?
---
Im gonna make an awesome si- boom im sawed off
#2Carribean_CoolPosted 5/26/2012 5:30:19 PM
I dunno. In order to enjoy this game you have to forget that ME2 and it's squad even existed, and ignore all the stuff they said they were going to have in ME3.

LOL at sun burnt bill cosby
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#3ZimmianZiskPosted 5/26/2012 5:41:26 PM
It gets going when you are on the krogan and quarian quest chains. Those are almost universally agreed to be the best parts of the game.
---
The original assassin of joy
Hero's aren't made. They're cornered.
#4KaizerFreePosted 5/26/2012 5:43:16 PM
First off, There is a manual: Press start and it's at the top. Yeah it's hard to miss that pop-up when you're moving the Normandy.

I agree on the face import, the first week or so they muck up couldn't import the face. Anderson looks alright no real change, but Udina change a bit since last time.

The gameplay is indeed clunky, but you'll get use to it after about say 6-10 hours in or played the MP for a long time.
#5GenkiNoEmbracePosted 5/26/2012 5:43:39 PM
FlameVegaXV posted...
captain anderson looks like a sun burnt bill cosby

.....I will never see Anderson the same way EVER again. Thanks TC. -_-
#6readyaimfailPosted 5/26/2012 6:02:29 PM
FlameVegaXV posted...
Let me begin by saying that I am a HUGE mass effect fan, I loved the first two but 3 is just....off.

First off ea is really pissing me off with their lack of instruction manuals. It would have came in handy with scanning planets in this game but that is a minor pet peeve.

the the face import (as well as the character faces) in this game are terrible. Even with the modifications my cool collected african shepard looks like a cold sleep deprived crack head
, captain anderson looks like a sun burnt bill cosby and the rest of the crew (besides a few) look off. Maybe its the graphic engine idk.

The gameplay to me feels so clunky compared to me2 in my opinion.Being so used to how seamless it is to move from cover to cover and manuever in gears of war. It is infuriating when I get killed constantly (note: playing on high difficulty) because shepard is
constanly stuck on walls.and overall the gameplay feels outdated imo.

Feeling this way only 3 hours, the only thing motivating me now to keep going is the ending.But I cant even look foward to that because of critics saying how bad it was.So my question is when does this game really get moving?

You have the honour of making my day well done
---
I AGREE Gaste my sig?
Star wars battlefront 3 is needed- sig inspired by zerooo0
#7Foreman22Posted 5/26/2012 7:02:41 PM
Join the crowd. MP is the best part and I have never played any other MP games before Mass Effect.
#8fear of marsPosted 5/26/2012 7:06:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#92ndcuzofSpardaPosted 5/26/2012 7:06:51 PM
You guys ever notice they changed the cision omni-gel converter guys voice from a high pitch 1 to this baratone in 2 &3? Dont know why ive never brought this up or why this topic made me think of it, but there it is.
#10LesserAngelPosted 5/26/2012 7:15:18 PM
2ndcuzofSparda posted...
You guys ever notice they changed the cision omni-gel converter guys voice from a high pitch 1 to this baratone in 2 &3? Dont know why ive never brought this up or why this topic made me think of it, but there it is.

I noticed that too, I didn't even think it was the same person at first... I guess he had some kind of surgery done. XP