The boss on Rannoch was pretty damn intense (Spoilers)

#1themagicpainmanPosted 5/30/2012 5:44:26 PM
Specifically referring to the final blow. Staring down a reaper in the "eyes" as it is feet from you made me really feel how much Shepard had gone through and how determined he/she truly was to stop the Reapers at all costs. Kind of a shame we didn't get a scene like this with Harbinger.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg
Not changing this sig until Happy Trees Maokai is released. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.
#2woodymPosted 5/30/2012 5:52:27 PM
I know right.
---
I like Emmerdale.
#3Jprime666Posted 5/30/2012 5:52:49 PM
Agreed. A lot of the game is intense, and I love it.
---
But... great wind! I'm... I... what was I saying? I'm... tired. you... may be right. Yes, I'm tired... I'll nap. destroy the universe later... - Niftu Cal
#4personae777Posted 5/30/2012 5:55:19 PM
That should've been Harbinger in that fight and not a random reaper.
#5themagicpainman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 1:23:23 PM
personae777 posted...
That should've been Harbinger in that fight and not a random reaper.

Eh, a bit too early in the game.
---
Not changing this sig until Happy Trees Maokai is released. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.
#6mudkip72Posted 5/31/2012 1:28:40 PM
It was good cinematic wise, but gameplay wise the Reaper boss was pretty crappy. As is the concept of Shepard managing to dodge destructive lasers by strafing and rolling around on a cliff-side.
#7merc_ninePosted 5/31/2012 1:30:44 PM
If they had used the Harvesters better, this game would have amazing boss fights all over the place. If they actually lifted off and dropped off troops, shot at you from the air, moved and landed in different locations, it would have been incredible, especially the battle for Earth
#8Olympus MonsPosted 6/1/2012 4:46:58 AM
On my first play through with my male Shepard, my jaw dropped to the floor. That thing was so huge. Tali was my love interest since ME2 also...which made it even better after she slipped out of her mouth just before...."Damn I want to live more now...damn it!"

Great scene. Because it is so strong in story terms, it makes the ending hurt all the more. How can they do something like this and drop the ball and still be so clueless over it...(shakes head in dismay)
#9themagicpainman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 5:14:12 PM
Olympus Mons posted...
On my first play through with my male Shepard, my jaw dropped to the floor. That thing was so huge. Tali was my love interest since ME2 also...which made it even better after she slipped out of her mouth just before...."Damn I want to live more now...damn it!"

Great scene. Because it is so strong in story terms, it makes the ending hurt all the more. How can they do something like this and drop the ball and still be so clueless over it...(shakes head in dismay)

They had enough time to complete Rannoch, probably were rushed with the ending?

I dunno, I just try to forget about it.
---
#10Carribean_CoolPosted 6/1/2012 5:15:42 PM
I found it more frustrating than intense
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.