Should Geth have Rights? (Spoilers)

#241ChocoboDreamsPosted 6/21/2012 6:37:05 PM
I like how you keep saying "girl scout troops". Is being "Paragon" a sign of "weakness" for you? Again, you call the Geth "machines", but from the way you speak, you seem far more "machine" than they've shown in ME3.
---
July 18, 2011. Megaman Legends 3 has been cancelled. Today, I mourn. Here remains a reminder of what could have been.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#242EmptyBladePosted 6/21/2012 6:51:27 PM
merc_nine posted...
Right, you can hack geth just like you can any machine.

You totally missed the point. Let me spell it out in simpler sentences. The thing you hack is a vehicle. A car. An airplane. It is not a geth. Saying you can hack their mobile suits is the same as saying I can hack those Atlases that cerberus drives around.

Yeah, I want to destroy the super advanced machines. It not like theres any other super advanced machines around that are bad. How many examples do you need. Lets count the Reapers. 1, 2, 3, 100000000000000. Theres a few examples of what happens when you give a super advance machine a lot of time. Yeah. I do want to destroy them because they surpassed us.

Lol, counting the reapers as multiple examples? How disingenuous can you get? Btw, do you even have any idea what a stupid number you typed?

They have no feelings. They have no compassion. They side with you because of math and logic, You should be afraid of them, but because one told you not to be, you arent.

Wait, you think emotional beings are safer than logical ones? For someone who is acting like you are the only one being logical and everyone else is being ruled by misguided compassion, this is a weird thing to say.

Most of the worst periods in our history are because of people getting emotional about stuff, not for logical reasons.

If you kill the Reapers, and the geth were still around, youd eventually get Reapers from the Geth.

There's no proof of this. Try flying that argument as a reason to kill anybody else who might become a killer when they grow up, see how many people buy that.
#243The moonlight knightPosted 6/21/2012 7:06:26 PM
His argument against the Geth is the same as the Reapers.

Ergo: he's obviously indoctrinated.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#244merc_ninePosted 6/21/2012 7:40:09 PM(edited)
EmptyBlade posted...
merc_nine posted...
Right, you can hack geth just like you can any machine.

You totally missed the point. Let me spell it out in simpler sentences. The thing you hack is a vehicle. A car. An airplane. It is not a geth. Saying you can hack their mobile suits is the same as saying I can hack those Atlases that cerberus drives around.

Yeah, I want to destroy the super advanced machines. It not like theres any other super advanced machines around that are bad. How many examples do you need. Lets count the Reapers. 1, 2, 3, 100000000000000. Theres a few examples of what happens when you give a super advance machine a lot of time. Yeah. I do want to destroy them because they surpassed us.

Lol, counting the reapers as multiple examples? How disingenuous can you get? Btw, do you even have any idea what a stupid number you typed?

They have no feelings. They have no compassion. They side with you because of math and logic, You should be afraid of them, but because one told you not to be, you arent.

Wait, you think emotional beings are safer than logical ones? For someone who is acting like you are the only one being logical and everyone else is being ruled by misguided compassion, this is a weird thing to say.

Most of the worst periods in our history are because of people getting emotional about stuff, not for logical reasons.

If you kill the Reapers, and the geth were still around, youd eventually get Reapers from the Geth.

There's no proof of this. Try flying that argument as a reason to kill anybody else who might become a killer when they grow up, see how many people buy that.

No I got it. It just sounded like you were saying they were actually a bunch of computers and servers all working together, Which makes it sound a lot more like a machine.

The Reapers existence says it. and each reaper is evidence of a cycle with war between organics and synthetics. They say its inevitable.

No I dont know why any number is stupid. Thats actually a really stupid thing for you to say. You have no idea how many Reapers there are. You dont know if its just our galaxy or all galaxies, or if all the Reapers came in on the first wave of attack.

Youre right. Organics are bad too. Much worse actually. What is your point? Thats the reason there will never be peace. It will usually be our fault, but it is inevitable that it will happen and the machines have already surpassed organics. Sorry you have to choose sides. I cant wait until Mass Effect 5 when the Geth make a Reaper out of the Quarians on their own homeworld. Did the geth already finish their extremely Reaper like ship or is that still be worked on?

Why do you trust Legion? Because he shot 3 husks for you? He didnt shoot you, youre right. Does your Shepard not have shields? If you were Legion, how would you gain Shepards trust? Would it be as simple as knowing your name? That seems to be all it took.
#245ThinkPennyPosted 6/21/2012 7:26:26 PM
The moonlight knight posted...

The Geth didn't chase the Quarians unlike the Reapers who chase everyone....
#246The moonlight knightPosted 6/21/2012 7:30:19 PM
I mean his argument against them is the same as what the Reapers think. I mean he thinks the same way the Reapers do. Right before you unite the Geth and Quarians, the Reaper that was defeated talks to you and says the same stuff that merc guy is saying. Both him and the Reapers believe conflict is inevitable between synthetics and organics and that synthetics are a grave threat to organics' continued existence.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#247ChocoboDreamsPosted 6/21/2012 7:31:33 PM
Oh my god, Merc -is- indoctrinated. D:
---
July 18, 2011. Megaman Legends 3 has been cancelled. Today, I mourn. Here remains a reminder of what could have been.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#248merc_ninePosted 6/21/2012 7:45:22 PM
Its what everyyyyyone in the entire mass effect universe believes and tells you

the only one who says differently is a geth. Its been happening for millions of cycles. The same thing over and over. The Reapers left their technology so we would develop this way. It is engineered to happen.

You are doing the trusting enemies part of the indoctrination process.
#249merc_ninePosted 6/21/2012 7:48:13 PM
ThinkPenny posted...
The moonlight knight posted...

The Geth didn't chase the Quarians unlike the Reapers who chase everyone....

So? Why would they? What would they gain except more enemies?
#250EmptyBladePosted 6/21/2012 8:17:48 PM
merc_nine posted...
No I got it. It just sounded like you were saying they were actually a bunch of computers and servers all working together, Which makes it sound a lot more like a machine.

Yes, they are a machine. This completely doesn't respond to the point.

The Reapers existence says it. and each reaper is evidence of a cycle with war between organics and synthetics. They say its inevitable.

Yeah, and everybody totally agrees with them on that.

First off, saying "this guy said this" is stupid, and secondly they are hardly the right guy to listen to.

No I dont know why any number is stupid. Thats actually a really stupid thing for you to say. You have no idea how many Reapers there are. You dont know if its just our galaxy or all galaxies, or if all the Reapers came in on the first wave of attack.

I'm not the one that stated a specific number, so arguing to me "we don't know how many they are" makes you look even stupider.

Youre right. Organics are bad too. Much worse actually. What is your point? Thats the reason there will never be peace.

So why aren't you arguing that we should have killed the Quarians then?

You just said it yourself: they are worse. In fact, they are demonstrating to us at that very moment how bad they are by pressing the attack. Maybe they'll turn on humans next, we better wipe em out.

It's not logical for the geth to attack us, they don't want the same things we want. Why would they want to attack us? The only reason for them to do that is fear that we'll attack them.

So congratulations, YOU are the only reason for the geth to attack us. After you wipe them out and it goes down in our histories, when the next AI rises up and sees that, they'll have reason to strike us down.