Is there any consensus explanation for the last gasp? (spoilers)

#21kharn the betrayerPosted 6/8/2012 1:24:11 PM
Nafzger posted...
It's just an easter egg. There's really nothing more to it than what it is. They did it with the destroy ending, because it's the only ending where Shepard isn't disintegrated.

this
---
SS FC: 4555 6529 3132
white FC:1936 0013 2567
#22VG_SoldierPosted 6/8/2012 1:39:58 PM
All I saw was a death twitch...
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#23rabidpencilPosted 6/8/2012 1:56:41 PM
While I think the IT is the best explanation, I don't think BioWare did/will use it. So my theory is space-magically-bad writing.
---
Gamertag - Jacobino
#24KrudmuffinsPosted 6/8/2012 1:57:02 PM
How do we know its not another N7 soldier?

It has been drilled into the gamers mind that N7 means Shepard. There are very -very- few N7 references in the universe that don't directly relate to Shepard him/herself.

There is -absolutely- no reason for the player to assume that the N7 body at the end of the red (destroy) ending is anybody other than Shepard, the only piece of supporting evidence is that Shepard shouldn't (couldn't?) have survived that fall from orbit.

As far as I can tell, that scene's purpose is to:
A) Needlessly perplex the player, give them questions with no answer for the sake of theories and intrigue
B) Indoctrination Theory, because lets be honest, its straight up brilliant and far better than the... real ending.
C) Set up for a sequel and appease the players that didn't want to see Shepard die.

The only one of these options that satisfies the question "Why only on red ending?" is the IT.
---
I dislike my username.
#25NafzgerPosted 6/8/2012 1:59:38 PM
The ending really isn't that bad besides its presentation and giving the reapers an explanation. The choices themselves are awesome. Had the little ghost kid not been the little kid and been a fuzzy AI looking thing like Vigil, or been A/K and would have said "The Reapers are my solution to a problem beyond your understanding", I would have liked the ending.

Except the Joker scene. Cut that crap out and the ending is good as is.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#26ZackG31Posted 6/8/2012 2:00:03 PM
The files are named," Shepard Male Alive" so it is Shepard and he or she is still alive.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#27plasticman13Posted 6/8/2012 2:02:41 PM
plasticman13 posted...
It's just an easter egg. There's really nothing more to it than what it is. They did it with the destroy ending, because it's the only ending where Shepard isn't disintegrated.

Which wouldn't make sense because if Shepard somehow survived the Citadel explosion and the time he spent in space without oxygen (which is impossible), then the pull from the Earth's gravity to the atmosphere would generate enough heat to completely melt his body and leave nothing of him.

Why does everyone think he fell to earth? Do you know how big the Citadel is? If that fell to earth, it would destroy the entire planet. The Citadel is still floating up there.

But Shepard (or whatever that body is) is obviously not floating in space. IT theorists say that the rubble is all London rubble from the destruction cause by the Citadel beam-thing, which makes sense to me because of what you said. Whatever, hopefully EC clears this mess up.
---
To the trolls in this topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBAD_SuIUk
#28NafzgerPosted 6/8/2012 2:05:49 PM
plasticman13 posted...
plasticman13 posted...

Which wouldn't make sense because if Shepard somehow survived the Citadel explosion and the time he spent in space without oxygen (which is impossible), then the pull from the Earth's gravity to the atmosphere would generate enough heat to completely melt his body and leave nothing of him.

Why does everyone think he fell to earth? Do you know how big the Citadel is? If that fell to earth, it would destroy the entire planet. The Citadel is still floating up there.

But Shepard (or whatever that body is) is obviously not floating in space. IT theorists say that the rubble is all London rubble from the destruction cause by the Citadel beam-thing, which makes sense to me because of what you said. Whatever, hopefully EC clears this mess up.

And it's too far fetched for it to be rubble from the Citadel? If you remember in the destroy ending, you shoot the crap out of that thing and it blows up. Shepard is probably just covered in the fragments from that big device he blew up. Why does it need to be rubble on Earth?
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#2920ME2cmpnvetPosted 6/8/2012 2:08:14 PM(edited)
Nafzger posted...

This. I wish people would just give up on the IT.

IT = People grabbing at the conjoined twin of a rushed ending of multiple peoples ideas coming together like a 16 car pile up on a freeway.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
My Other Home: http://www.masseffectforums.com/
#30ZackG31Posted 6/8/2012 2:06:51 PM
kharn the betrayer posted...
Nafzger posted...

this

You do not know what an easter egg is, the orge statue in Mass Effect 2 is an Easter Egg . The dead Assasin in a hay cart The Witcher 2 is an Easter Egg.

They have no plot relevance.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!