Genophage Renegade Option Regret

#1Quiet451Posted 6/11/2012 5:19:19 PM
spoil

Did anyone else feel guilty deciding not to distribute the genophage cure? Mordin is such a hero in the paragon option, dying for the cure and all. Now you convince him to fake his own death, doom an entire race of Krogan and then LIE to everyone about what happened. You even have Garrus convinced that Mordin died for the Krogan.

I usually get some satisfaction with my evil Femshep decisions, but I just feel like a scumbag with this one.
---
Why is there tape on your nose?
#2xKryptonKnightxPosted 6/11/2012 5:23:09 PM
Not evil enough. You were supposed to have Wrex live in order to lie about the cure so he could try to kill you in a fit of rage but ultimately die in the process while Shepard tries to be all coy about it. Oh and you gotta shoot Mordin in the back too. Can't forget that.

Excuse me, now I need to cleanse myself.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#3NickiousPosted 6/11/2012 5:25:23 PM
Quiet451 posted...
spoil

Did anyone else feel guilty deciding not to distribute the genophage cure? Mordin is such a hero in the paragon option, dying for the cure and all. Now you convince him to fake his own death, doom an entire race of Krogan and then LIE to everyone about what happened. You even have Garrus convinced that Mordin died for the Krogan.

I usually get some satisfaction with my evil Femshep decisions, but I just feel like a scumbag with this one.

It depends who was leader. Wrex and Eve would guide the krogan down a peaceful. Wreav, however is a dick and would probably lead the krogan to war, even if Eve survives.

Is this your first playthrough? How far you gotten because depending on who's leader, you might feel worse later.
#4Quiet451(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 5:29:18 PM
It's my second playthrough. I do a good and an evil playthrough. I killed Wrex in ME1, so Wreav is the leader and he's taking credit for the cure, so I don't feel so bad.

I only wish I could have killed Mordin instead of having him hide out like a whimp.
---
#5Mellow_RGPosted 6/11/2012 5:49:34 PM
You know. I don't like changes regarding the dialogue wheel that started in ME2

It just feels that people are no longer reading the text and choosing what they think their character would say

instead people go.. oh.. it's red / the bottom choice, and thus it's a renegade choice, and since I'm playing a renegade I will pick that.

at one point you have to wonder if you're really role-playing or is the game merely holding your hand throughout the story
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#6SengokuNoMaouPosted 6/11/2012 5:55:07 PM(edited)
I enjoyed denying the Krogan the Cure killing Mordin, and killing Wrex.
---
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/everyday-im-shuffling.gif
#7Quiet451(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 5:58:46 PM
My goal is to build the most angelic and most evil character possible in my alternate playthroughs. The game is set up so that this can be done. I have the option to pick whatever I want and this is what I've decided on.

I think Bioware almost encourages this sort of decision making because of the way the wheel is set up and because certain decisions in the game (red/blue dialog options) can only be made with a character who is a certain amount "good" or "evil".

I could have decided to save the Krogan race on this playthrough, but I already know what happens when you make that decision. I would rather see new cutscenes and open up knew dialog than pick an option because it's what my gut is telling me to do.
---
#8Snapper455Posted 6/11/2012 6:02:39 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
You know. I don't like changes regarding the dialogue wheel that started in ME2

It just feels that people are no longer reading the text and choosing what they think their character would say

instead people go.. oh.. it's red / the bottom choice, and thus it's a renegade choice, and since I'm playing a renegade I will pick that.

at one point you have to wonder if you're really role-playing or is the game merely holding your hand throughout the story

How was the dialogue wheel different in ME1? The only difference I've noticed throughout the series is that ME3 did away with the neutral response, which in previous games tended to be the same as either the paragon or renegade response.
#9Mellow_RGPosted 6/11/2012 6:20:20 PM
ME1 doesn't shove you into Paragon or Renegade, doesn't have a bar to track how paragon or renegade you are, and does not color code your choices

It feels to me that that in ME2 and ME3 instead of selecting something Shepard would want to say, you are instead picking the "renegade" or "paragon" option because that's what your Shepard would say
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#10Snapper455Posted 6/11/2012 6:36:20 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
ME1 doesn't shove you into Paragon or Renegade

I'm not sure what you mean by "shove", but I'll agree that neither is more valuable in ME1.

Mellow_RG posted...
doesn't have a bar to track how paragon or renegade you are

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--8OV7fSLqnE/T1VBgplxXRI/AAAAAAAAA5s/yXDZnLF5pjg/s1600/Mass+Effect+1+upgrade+system.jpg

Mellow_RG posted...
and does not color code your choices

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/mass-effect/m6-conversationwheel.jpg