Anybody else quickly losing faith in indoctrination theory?

#31SociopathixPosted 6/22/2012 3:32:02 PM
I liked IT, I thought it was clever. But as long as the EC answers questions I'm happy.

The chance bioware intended to do IT are slim, and the chance they didn't intend to do IT but would implement it in the EC was even slimer. Oh well
---
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
GT: Sociopathix msg first if your gonna add please
#3220ME2cmpnvetPosted 6/22/2012 7:56:31 PM
ChicagoTed_ posted...
I call it PTSD.

Seeing the kid dye in the beginning was the final breaking point in Shep's resolve.

Because killing a massive amount of alien species, realizing your pending doom from an apocalyptic race, watching first hand as squad-mates you care about die before your eyes, and being subjected to the knowledge that the universe you thought you knew is actually cyclical is alright.

But watching a kid turn green? That's a deal-breaker.

Hey, I'm not the one that wrote this crap, but the dreams are text book PTSD.

Diagnostic symptoms for PTSD include re-experiencing the original trauma(s) through flashbacks or nightmares, avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, and increased arousal—such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, anger, and hypervigilance.

A lot of these symptoms happen throughout the game.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#33ParanoidAndr0idPosted 6/22/2012 8:02:47 PM
20ME2cmpnvet posted...
No faith in it.

Everybody thought the dreams sequences were indoctrination.

I call it PTSD.

Seeing the kid dye in the beginning was the final breaking point in Shep's resolve.

The persistence of that damned kid in the story was one of the main problems with the ending. No soldier of Shepard's experience and hardening would be that devastated by the sight of one random child dying.
#34rfahey22Posted 6/22/2012 8:04:07 PM
I was always convinced that it made no sense. The only thing worse than a bad ending is a non-ending.
#35phoenix52Posted 6/22/2012 8:10:18 PM
ParanoidAndr0id posted...
20ME2cmpnvet posted...
No faith in it.

I call it PTSD.

The persistence of that damned kid in the story was one of the main problems with the ending. No soldier of Shepard's experience and hardening would be that devastated by the sight of one random child dying.

There is absolutely no way to say that with certainty. It's not like experienced soldiers never get PTSD in real life.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#36Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 6/22/2012 8:13:44 PM
I believe in it more than ever, even if it wasn't what Bioware had in mind.

Because the theory itself is great, regardless of whether it's completely fan made or not.
#37ChocoboDreamsPosted 6/22/2012 8:13:48 PM
WrenchNinja posted...
I never had any faith in it to begin with. Bioware was always just incompetent.

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Neverwinter Nights
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Dragon Age: Origins

"Bioware was always just incompetent".
---
July 18, 2011. Megaman Legends 3 has been cancelled. Today, I mourn. Here remains a reminder of what could have been.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#38WrenchNinjaPosted 6/22/2012 8:15:04 PM(edited)
There is absolutely no way to say that with certainty. It's not like experienced soldiers never get PTSD in real life.

I can say with certainty that a Renegade Shepard would not give a single **** after all the **** he/she has pulled. Especially a spacer/colonist one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif
#39ParanoidAndr0idPosted 6/22/2012 8:18:29 PM(edited)
phoenix52 posted...
ParanoidAndr0id posted...
20ME2cmpnvet posted...
No faith in it.

I call it PTSD.

I'm sure Shepard has seen much worse than a kid getting into a shuttle that happened to get shot down. In fact, the site of the entire Earth being ripped apart would have been much more traumatizing

The kid was a little b**** anyway. "EVERYONE IS DYING, YOU CAN'T HELP ME, WAAAAAAAAAAAA" He deserved to die and Shepard should have felt the same way
#40WrenchNinjaPosted 6/22/2012 8:18:52 PM(edited)
WrenchNinja posted...
I never had any faith in it to begin with. Bioware was always just incompetent.

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Neverwinter Nights
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Dragon Age: Origins

"Bioware was always just incompetent".

I was speaking of Mass Effect 3, incompetence and mismanagement is the only explanation for how it turned out. That was always the explanation.

I do like how you completely ignored Dragon Age 2.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif