First spoiler about the extended cut got leaked

#101phoenix52Posted 6/22/2012 11:55:20 PM
Raze_da_Kitsune posted...

Well that's true that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. But Hackett does not fight with this mentality at the Cerberus Base. He does a 180 and decides to do it at the final fight? That's out of character.

If I could remember the circumstances at the Cerberus Base I would tell you just how the context is different. I don't, so I'll just once again say that the context is different and expect to be ignored or get a "nuh-uh" back.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#102Raze_da_KitsunePosted 6/22/2012 11:55:27 PM
He wants to save Shepard at the Cerberus Base but feels it is no longer necessary at the final fight. That's the 180 good sir.
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#103IokuaPosted 6/22/2012 11:56:37 PM(edited)
Lokua, dunno what you're talking about. I'm just telling ya what's in the game. I have admitted that the stances people in this topic have taken are solid but they just don't fit the situation. And Sociopathix , where are they gonna go?

You're completely misunderstanding what is in the game. You're applying your backwards logic onto what you're seeing. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, that is a universal truth and Hackett would know this, he would act on this concept when fighting. You can't say "Well, that makes sense for our world, but in ME Shepard is so unbelievably important that Hackett would damn the entire fleet simply because he said he didn't want to lose Shepard an hour ago." and expect that to fly.

Well that's true that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. But Hackett does not fight with this mentality at the Cerberus Base. He does a 180 and decides to do it at the final fight? That's out of character.

He didn't make a 180 at all. Shepard was aboard the Cerberus base out to get his/her hands on the information that Cerberus had stolen, and Hackett didn't want to risk that mission failing or killing Shepard by going overboard with the assault on the station as he didn't know how far that Shepard and his squad had progressed into the station. Trying to avoid unnecessary risks and making a hard decision that has to be made are two entirely different things. You're clearly trying to use an element of the story that you have no understanding of to prove your point.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#104Raze_da_KitsunePosted 6/22/2012 11:57:45 PM
He didn't make a 180 at all. Shepard was aboard the Cerberus base out to get his/her hands on the information that Cerberus had stolen, and Hackett didn't want to risk that mission failing or killing Shepard by going overboard with the assault on the station as he didn't know how far that Shepard and his squad had progressed into the station. Trying to avoid unnecessary risks and making a hard decision that has to be made are tow entirely different things. You're clearly trying to use an element of the story that you have no understanding of to prove your point.

Statement is so bad I don't even know what you're trying to say.
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#105LesserAngelPosted 6/23/2012 12:20:04 AM
All I'm gonna say, is that retreating doesn't make sense, due to the fact that they gotta make sure the Crucible doesn't get toasted by the Reapers. And as for leaving AFTER it's activated... There's so many problems with this it's maddening. First, Now once in this series have I seen a ship go faster than the speed the shockwave is traveling at. Second, retreat to where? Earth couldn't support the entire armada, let alone any of the systems linked to the Sol System via Mass Relay, so what difference does it make?... Just, ugh.
#106IokuaPosted 6/23/2012 12:49:48 AM
He didn't make a 180 at all. Shepard was aboard the Cerberus base out to get his/her hands on the information that Cerberus had stolen, and Hackett didn't want to risk that mission failing or killing Shepard by going overboard with the assault on the station as he didn't know how far that Shepard and his squad had progressed into the station. Trying to avoid unnecessary risks and making a hard decision that has to be made are tow entirely different things. You're clearly trying to use an element of the story that you have no understanding of to prove your point.

Statement is so bad I don't even know what you're trying to say.

Thank you for proving my point. You can't even understand plain english, so why should be expect you to understand the motivations of any of ME's characters? Clearly you don't.
---
#107CrimsonAngelPosted 6/23/2012 12:58:00 AM
Just thought I'd say;

Expanding on terrible writing isn't going to make it any better. ME3's ending has no hope of being any good without a complete rewrite there are too many OOC moments, DEMs and just plain stupidity.
---
Not changing this sig until Bioware fixes the ending of Mass Effect 3 with either DLC/Expansion.
#108Android21APosted 6/23/2012 1:20:35 AM
Ha, I remember saying several months ago that Joker probably was ordered to fall back, and people shot it down.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No
#109IokuaPosted 6/23/2012 1:22:53 AM
Android21A posted...
Ha, I remember saying several months ago that Joker probably was ordered to fall back, and people shot it down.

But of course, that would be logical, we can't have logic around here.
---
#110LesserAngelPosted 6/23/2012 1:25:34 AM
Iokua posted...
Android21A posted...

But of course, that would be logical, we can't have logic around here.

Probably would've made more sense if they showed more then just Joker and the Normandy running.