First spoiler about the extended cut got leaked

#51Raze_da_KitsunePosted 6/22/2012 10:57:41 PM
Also another quick point I want to throw in as that Hackett knew going into the attack that this was going to be the battle to end the war whether they won or lost. There is NO reason for them to leave if the Crucible doesn't work. Why wouldn't you save the one man that made any of it possible?
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#52uberschveinenPosted 6/22/2012 10:59:02 PM
I have never before seen such a collection of fools so utterly determine to get angry that they willing to take every single thing they are able to attain as proof, despite the lack of any plausible conclusion, remotely-coherent argument, or even confirmation that what they are seeing is going to happen. You are taking a single screenshot that MIGHT be in an extension to the game, of thousands, that could appear, and making an argument so weak it crosses the line from dubious to objectively wrong, to conclude that this means that the only possible thing that this entire mini-expansion could do is instantly ruin everything.

Are you really so personally invested in hating this game that even the prospect of it being improved offends you?
#53trigin12Posted 6/22/2012 10:59:55 PM
Iokua posted...
Raze_da_Kitsune posted...
Out of character for HACKETT not people in general dude. Are you not getting that part?

Which statement are we talking?

Yes, I know, we're talking about Hackett; the highest ranking military officer in the Alliance. I am fully aware of this.

We're talking about the last one I made, that you're flat out admitting that you think Hackett would be willing to **** over every man, woman and child that live and ever will live in the Milky Way just to make sure Shepard lives.

The crucible weapon was already activated so how would the fleet leaving earth be able to save every man, woman, and child. Hackett isn't going to be able to avoid the galaxy-wide attack so what's the point of him and joker running away to the rendezvous point. If the crucible attack was fatal to organics, then flying to a different planet would change nothing.

Hackett is not this stupid, he would have known the crucible attack was unavoidable and running away would do nothing. Bioware's pathetic writing staff have now ruined Hackett as well as Joker. Those guys should give themselves a pat on the back.

literally trolling at this point

I refuse to believe a person is this clueless
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvsgtrDqUn1qkvw0vo1_500.png
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/paulfuss/wambamthankyoumam2.gif
#54Raze_da_KitsunePosted 6/22/2012 11:00:30 PM(edited)
What the **** are you talking about?^^^^

to uberschveinen
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#55phoenix52Posted 6/22/2012 11:01:59 PM
Fusioncode99 posted...
Iokua posted...
Out of character for HACKETT not people in general dude. Are you not getting that part?

Yes, I know, we're talking about Hackett; the highest ranking military officer in the Alliance. I am fully aware of this.

We're talking about the last one I made, that you're flat out admitting that you think Hackett would be willing to **** over every man, woman and child that live and ever will live in the Milky Way just to make sure Shepard lives.

The crucible weapon was already activated so how would the fleet leaving earth be able to save every man, woman, and child. Hackett isn't going to be able to avoid the galaxy-wide attack so what's the point of him and joker running away to the rendezvous point. If the crucible attack was fatal to organics, then flying to a different planet would change nothing.

Hackett is not this stupid, he would have known the crucible attack was unavoidable and running away would do nothing. Bioware's pathetic writing staff have now ruined Hackett as well as Joker. Those guys should give themselves a pat on the back.

How would he know that? From the records that the Protheans left on the effect of their incomplete piece of technology? Nobody knows how the Crucible is going to work. Standard operating procedure when working with a poorly understood weapon is to light the fuse and get the heck out of the way. It would be stupid for him to leave the allied forces in between the Crucible and the Reapers.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#56LesserAngelPosted 6/22/2012 11:07:03 PM
Well, it's one line taken completely out of context, however, the implications of this line are not good. And if he ordered a retreat, what about the whole line of "this is the final battle, no backing down."? unless they decided to get rid of that line. Also, shouldn't they stay to make sure the thing doesn't get ganked by the Reapers? Ugh, one thing explained, but now there's even MORE unanswered questions. Guess I'll just wait and see.
#57dg823Posted 6/22/2012 11:14:13 PM(edited)
Javik wouldn't have boarded the Normandy and ran away, he would have died trying to reach the beam regardless of Alliance orders.

Edit: Nevermind, it implies that Joker fled after the Crucible was armed...meaning Shepard was already on the Citadel. But was that before it actually fired? How did Joker know what Shepard was doing on the Citadel and, more importantly, how long does it take to reach the relay from Earth?
#58Fusioncode99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 11:13:45 PM
phoenix52 posted...
Fusioncode99 posted...
Iokua posted...

How would he know that? From the records that the Protheans left on the effect of their incomplete piece of technology? Nobody knows how the Crucible is going to work. Standard operating procedure when working with a poorly understood weapon is to light the fuse and get the heck out of the way. It would be stupid for him to leave the allied forces in between the Crucible and the Reapers.

He knew that the Crucible will destroy the Reapers, and I'm pretty sure there are Reapers outside of earth. Meaning this attack would span the entire galaxy, so the fleet would not be able to avoid no matter how far they got. Their only option is to use it and hope for the best.
#59Fusioncode99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 11:14:45 PM
trigin12 posted...
Iokua posted...

literally trolling at this point

I refuse to believe a person is this clueless

You want to explain how I'm clueless? What part of my post was trolling? If you're going to accuse someone then be prepared to back it up.
#60trigin12Posted 6/22/2012 11:14:47 PM
He knew that the Crucible will destroy the Reapers, and I'm pretty sure there are Reapers outside of earth. Meaning this attack would span the entire galaxy, so the fleet would not be able to avoid no matter how far they got. Their only option is to use it and hope for the best.

No, he believed it would be a weapon they could use on the Reapers. He knew there was no guarantee it would kill them or even harm them.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvsgtrDqUn1qkvw0vo1_500.png
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/paulfuss/wambamthankyoumam2.gif